Start by marking “It's Vintage, Darling!: How To Be A Clothes Connoisseur” as Want to Read:
It's Vintage, Darling!: How To Be A Clothes Connoisseur

It's Vintage, Darling!: How To Be A Clothes Connoisseur

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Offering the services of a really honest best friend, a knowledgeable grandmother and an uber-stylist rolled into one, this book will teach you how to become a clothes connoisseur, look fabulous without spending a fortune and spot a Hermes scarf at forty paces.

Full of fantastic stories and useful information, this is the perfect companion for anyone who loves clothes (and
Unknown Binding, 391 pages
Published July 1st 2007 by Not Avail (first published September 21st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about It's Vintage, Darling!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Vintage, Darling!

Wendy
Feb 15, 2015 Wendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
`Know, first who you are: and then adorn yourself accordingly` -Epictetus, Discourses, 2nd century.

Bought for me by a dear friend for Xmas this book is not something I’d usually read. I love vintage and know how hard it can be to find authentic items which haven’t been badly reworked or relabelled so I thought this book might give me some tips. It is only over the last few years I’ve become more interested in fashion – and when I moved I realised I only owned dog walking & gardening clothes
Jenny
Feb 10, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This book is an excellent self-help book that teaches you a lot about clothing of the recent past, how to recognise quality clothing and how to shop in the best way possible. It has me itching to go to a dress agency or charity shop and see what I can find. The only downside is that it doesn't quite tell you how to look stylish, it gives a few pointers and leaves the rest up to you. A must-read if you are interested in fashion.
Sophie
Jan 25, 2016 Sophie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fairly useful book with lots of information about how to shop for vintage clothing. Most of the advice, such as how to choose clothing that fits properly, and how to launder different fabrics and remove stains, would be applicable to any clothing, not just vintage. The emphasis is on high-end labels and is quite UK-centric, which was not so useful to me.
Ju Ribeiro
May 17, 2009 Ju Ribeiro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be an unpretentious reading during a trip, but this is a complete manual to a high quality and adequate wardrobe. A good substitute to the counsels of that chic, rich aunt.
Marilyn
Feb 07, 2011 Marilyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a fat book that could have been condensed to 15 pages. It really wanted pictures... badly.
Husna
Jul 03, 2008 Husna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good choice 4 u
OliveB
OliveB is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2016
Bunny Muu
Bunny Muu rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Shruti Gattani
Shruti Gattani marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Rowan Stanley
Rowan Stanley rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Surina Suhaimi
Surina Suhaimi rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
mrs samantha l neilson
mrs samantha l neilson rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Vivienne Molloy
Vivienne Molloy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
X-626
X-626 rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Felicita
Felicita rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Mark Weston
Mark Weston marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Aug 13, 2015
Ester
Ester marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Sanni
Sanni rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Wendy Stewart
Wendy Stewart rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
S
S rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2014
Andie
Andie rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Jess Probert
Jess Probert marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016