Start by marking “The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #6)

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes #6)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  923 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When Abby's class starts a newspaper, Abby envisions herself as the star reporter. But she's only given an advice column to write - and that is not good. (Dear Abby isn't her first choice in nicknames!) Just as she suspects, the column gets Abby in some trouble with her classmates. But, surprisingly, it also gives her a chance to help a friend.
Published December 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword

The Jupiter Chronicles by Leonardo RamirezCulloo by Murielle CyrNumber 13 by M.G. WellsThe Magic of Finkleton by K.C. HiltonA Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Awesome Children's Summer Books
133rd out of 156 books — 157 voters
I Thirst by Gina Marinello-SweeneyThe Little Friend by Donna TarttAnimal Motions by Melissa PilgrimBe God To Yourself by Jean-Yves CrozierA is for Arbol by Julio R Lopez Jr
Books to inspire creativity
17th out of 56 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Aurora Becher
Anne
Reading Abby's column was so much fun!! Her answers were always quirky and witty. I love that girl! ;)
Jessica-Robyn
The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes is the series that inspired me to love writing. It was incredibly influential in my early youth and I still own some copies of my favourite books in the series, including this one. I would love it if this series was popular enough that I could mention it and actually have people know what I'm talking about!
Adiva Siddeky

I liked this book so much. I think that it was rude when her father was ignoring her when she was trying to tell him something. The name for Abby's advice column "Gabby Abby" is hilarious. I like when Abby's class is making a newspaper. My favorite part was when Paul ,Abby's dad, finally stopped ignoring Abby.
Twyla
Abby's class is starting a newspaper called the Lancaster Lark and Abby is the advice columnist and it is hard for her.When Abby decided to do 2 things she made Natalie happy because everyone said great things to her.I learned to be nice to people.Auryn 8yo
Amy
Definitely a strong series for kids beginning to read chapter books. Well-written and I think nails the thoughts and emotions of the grade school experience. The journal portions add a nice personal touch as well.
Mustang
Sep 30, 2011 Mustang rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: sf
i loved this book because she called natilie 7 times and she kept on trying to talk to her and she finally talked to her again.Abby did a spotlight on natilie.
Kasey :)
This book is okay. but the other ones in the series are better.
™yourbeautifulnightmaree™
Jul 31, 2007 ™yourbeautifulnightmaree™ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone 10 or over
I liked it because of all the journalisim! I'm a writing freak!
s o n n a
abby hayes is so cool... i luv her journal!
Anna Bannana
This is really cool.I loved the diary aspect.
Ally
This is a good book
Tt
It was AWSOME!
Sarah Hargrove
Sarah Hargrove marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Ameesha
Ameesha marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Emily Analiese
Emily Analiese marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
mkhare
mkhare added it
Apr 12, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 01, 2015
  • Amelia Hits The Road (Amelia's Notebooks, #3)
  • Boy, Oh Boy! (From the Files of Madison Finn, #2)
  • Bad News/Good News (Beacon Street Girls, #2)
  • Danni The Drum Fairy (Rainbow Magic: The Music Fairies, #4)
Quite a lot of Anne Mazer’s writing education took place while she was unconscious. Her parents wanted desperately to become writers and made themselves get up at 4:00 a.m. Every morning in order to have writing time before their three young children awoke. The first thing Anne heard every day was two big, noisy electric typewriters. The furious sound of typing was her childhood wake-up music. Dur ...more
More about Anne Mazer...

The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #1)
  • The Declaration Of Independence (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #2)
  • Reach For The Stars (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #3)
  • Have Wheels, Will Travel (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #4)
  • Look Before You Leap (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #5)
  • Two Heads Are Better Than One (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #7)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #9)
  • Everything New Under The Sun (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #10)
  • Too Close For Comfort (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #11)
Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #1) The Declaration Of Independence (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #2) Reach For The Stars (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #3) Have Wheels, Will Travel (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #4) Look Before You Leap (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #5)