Start by marking “Wrapped In Blue: A Journey of Discovery” as Want to Read:
Wrapped In Blue: A Journey of Discovery

Wrapped In Blue: A Journey of Discovery

Wrapped In Blue is Donna Rose's deeply personal memoir of self-discovery. The emotional story of her courageous and difficult journey across the gender line challenges the reader to consider life, love and gender in a new and insightful way. In the process, it provides a unique, intriguing, and sometimes humorous perspective on the differences between men and women.
Published May 1st 2003 by Living Legacy Press

To ask other readers questions about Wrapped In Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrapped In Blue

Bobbie
Jul 12, 2012 Bobbie rated it really liked it
Very well written, I found myself initially picturing the author as a male, but as the story progressed I imagined a female. It was a story that is relatable on the issues of self discovery. Inspirational. I didn't always love Dave/Donna's choices, but I deeply respect this individual.
Karen
Aug 03, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I first read "Wrapped in Blue" a month into my transition -- months before hormone therapy and long before any surgery. I cried when I read it and I think I underlined half the book. Now, after HRT, FFS & SRS, I went back and reread this book. As much as it meant to me when I first read it, I now have an even greater appreciation for what Donna wrote.

Every transsexuial has a different set of experiences, but Donna's story contains so many universal elements. In many ways, Donna's story is my
Eric Peterson
Aug 02, 2011 Eric Peterson rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I know Donna, and consider her to be a friend. AND, this book is incredible. When I started it, I was under the impression that I knew a fair amount about the transgender experience. To be fair, I knew more than most cis-gender people know, and what I knew was more or less correct. But there was SO much that I DIDN'T know, and I'm incredibly grateful to Donna for being so forthcoming, so brave, so insightful, so willing to share her story - ALL of her story, not just the parts t ...more
Erica
Jul 31, 2007 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually met the author and have a signed copy of this book. When I read what she went through, and what so many others go through, to have their outsides match what they really feel inside, I knew no one would make this decision and go through this process simply on a whim, or to follow the crowd. But that's exactly what bible thumpers would want us to believe. I could never do what she has done, but then I also don't have the inner turmoil she had. As a society, we need to embrace folks like ...more
Danny
Apr 04, 2011 Danny rated it really liked it
As an autogynephilic person with a general interest in sociology and sex and gender, and a specific interest in gender transgression and transsexualism, this autobiographical book was an enjoyable, and at times emotional, read.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Indigo Summer
Indigo Summer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Misbah Kokab
Misbah Kokab marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Queue
Queue marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Colette
Colette rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
James Huffman-Scott
James Huffman-Scott rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
rosalind williamson
rosalind williamson marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Phoenix Blackdove
Phoenix Blackdove marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Cante Tenza Win Goodface
Cante Tenza Win Goodface marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Sophia Norwich
Sophia Norwich rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Monica Dremann
Monica Dremann marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Sophie Kandler
Sophie Kandler rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Martine
Martine marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Sage
Sage marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Asher
Asher marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Katie Hall
Katie Hall marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Richard Ogbechie
Richard Ogbechie rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015