Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

Enraged at not being invited to the princess' christening, the wicked fairy casts a spell that dooms the princess to sleep for 100 years.
Published 1995 by grolier enterprises inc. (first published January 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauty

Aparna Jyothikumar
Old classic written simple and smart for kids!
Collecting for my little one and myself :-)
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Zoë
Hi, Nostalgia. You're a really great friend, Nostalgia, and I always enjoy your company. What will you bring me today, Nostalgia? Ohhh, this Sleeping Beauty book I used to have as a child because I was so mesmerized by the pictures, even though ironically I actually never saw the movie as a child? Fantastic! And just holding that old, pink, hard-covered thing in my hand again after all this time almost has me convinced I flew backwards in time back to when I was in kindergarten. That's the close ...more
Mariana
John Sperry
Jul 24, 2014 John Sperry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sleeping Beauty is a tale f a princess who has a spell cast on her by a witch. True love eventually breaks the spell and she ends up living happily ever after with her princess. This classic tale is one that is often well known throughout various generations. The illustrations depicted are simplistic in nature and depict a simpler time devoid of computer animation. Lessons that could be taught to school age children from the story include compromise, being a good friend, and happiness for others ...more
jacky
Nov 08, 2009 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I read this aloud to Natalie in a couple of sittings. While she is still too young to enjoy this story, it will make a nice bed time story or reliving of the movie when she is older. I liked how the illustrations captured some of the best visuals of the movie, especially the dragon, but overall the artwork was not as high quality as the movie. While not excellent children's literature, this is a satisfying telling of a classic fairy tale.
Melissa Trumbo
Classic Disney tale about a wicked fairy who casts a spell on a princess, Aurora, that if she pricks her finger on a spindle of a spinning wheel before her 16th birthday, she will die. A good fairy quickly cast another spell, that if the wicked spell happened, Aurora would fall into a slumber and a kiss from a true love would awaken her. I think everyone knows what happened next, she pricks her finger, falls into a deep slumber and is kissed by a prince, her true love.
Rachel
Aug 15, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, 2015
Lovely illustrations in this adaptation of Disney's Sleeping Beauty, which focuses more on events that occur with the prince than with Aurora herself. Still, though, children who are fans of this tale and movie are sure to enjoy this. Recommended.
Aimee
Apr 04, 2008 Aimee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-centered
My all-time favorite Disney story--not for the storyline or plot, but for the art, which for its time was tops. And the heroine is gorgeous, too (You will recognize Audrey Hepburn's eyes in Aurora's face)!
Cws
Jul 20, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: je
JE-Dis
Jennifer Parker
like the book, but enjoy the movie more.
Mary
Mar 29, 2016 Mary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Konouz
Aug 24, 2014 Konouz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
لطيفة ...
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Scott Roberts
Dec 01, 2014 Scott Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice Walt Disney classic.
Belén (Hacia Otros Mundos)
He elegido este libro como "libro de mi infancia" para un reto de lectura que estoy haciendo este año. Me ha traído muchísimos recuerdos, no puedo darle una mala nota. :)
Taylor Darst
I loved this book. It is a longer book but the kids loved it with pictures. They also liked it because it was made into a movie.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Asha
Jan 02, 2012 Asha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow!
Kit★
I've had this one since I was little, and for some odd reason it's stuck around despite all my other childhood books disappearing. So now it's on the shelf with the rest of my baby's books.
Ajitabh Pandey
I was reading this to my son. First time I have ever read this. Good one. :-)
Celeste
Nov 29, 2009 Celeste rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It you think I'm a sucker for Seuss than I'm really a sucker for Walt Disney. I love Sleeping Beauty, the Disney version.
Indah Threez Lestari
327 - 2012

Jadi ingat di versi Disney ini sang putri dan seisi istana tidak tertidur selama 100 tahun, serta sudah pernah bertemu dan jatuh cinta dengan sang pangeran sebelum ketiduran.
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2016
Gabriela Valcheva
Gabriela Valcheva rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Meaghan J
Meaghan J rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Daphne Wigger
Daphne Wigger rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2009
Jen Healey
Jen Healey rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Judah
Judah rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
  • Disney's Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Blustery Day (Winnie The Pooh)
  • Aurora: The Perfect Party (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • The Nutcracker
  • The Underwater Alphabet Book
  • Disney's Mulan Classic Storybook (The Mouse Works Classics Collection)
  • Thomas and the Big Big Bridge (Thomas & Friends)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Day the Goose Got Loose
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Storm is Coming!
  • The Mouse Before Christmas
  • Norma Jean, Jumping Bean
  • Gus And The Baby Ghost
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 176 books)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Goofy's Gags (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, 19)
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)