Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

Sleeping Beauty (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  437 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Enraged at not being invited to the princess' christening, the wicked fairy casts a spell that dooms the princess to sleep for 100 years.
Published 1995 by grolier enterprises inc. (first published January 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauty

Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Natalie
As far as fairy tales go with dragons, castles, princesses, and a huge climax then I would have to say that Disney's Sleeping Beauty is the closest story to reach the stereotypical fairy tale. So Disney once again decided to go back to the fairy tales, the happily ever after, and all the magic that Disney had with Snow White.

This story is like an epic medieval fantasy and a chaotic mess at the same time.

Let me show you what I'm talking about.

The story, everybody knows it. But what's odd is that
John Sperry
Sleeping Beauty is a tale f a princess who has a spell cast on her by a witch. True love eventually breaks the spell and she ends up living happily ever after with her princess. This classic tale is one that is often well known throughout various generations. The illustrations depicted are simplistic in nature and depict a simpler time devoid of computer animation. Lessons that could be taught to school age children from the story include compromise, being a good friend, and happiness for others ...more
jacky
I read this aloud to Natalie in a couple of sittings. While she is still too young to enjoy this story, it will make a nice bed time story or reliving of the movie when she is older. I liked how the illustrations captured some of the best visuals of the movie, especially the dragon, but overall the artwork was not as high quality as the movie. While not excellent children's literature, this is a satisfying telling of a classic fairy tale.
Taylor Darst
I loved this book. It is a longer book but the kids loved it with pictures. They also liked it because it was made into a movie.
Aimee
My all-time favorite Disney story--not for the storyline or plot, but for the art, which for its time was tops. And the heroine is gorgeous, too (You will recognize Audrey Hepburn's eyes in Aurora's face)!
Indah Threez Lestari
327 - 2012

Jadi ingat di versi Disney ini sang putri dan seisi istana tidak tertidur selama 100 tahun, serta sudah pernah bertemu dan jatuh cinta dengan sang pangeran sebelum ketiduran.
Kit★
I've had this one since I was little, and for some odd reason it's stuck around despite all my other childhood books disappearing. So now it's on the shelf with the rest of my baby's books.
Celeste
It you think I'm a sucker for Seuss than I'm really a sucker for Walt Disney. I love Sleeping Beauty, the Disney version.
Theresa
using stills and drawings to teach lifes lessons with disney characters
Ajitabh Pandey
I was reading this to my son. First time I have ever read this. Good one. :-)
Noirfifre
I suspect reading such stories as a girl helped made me a romantic :D
Theresa
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Jennifer Parker
like the book, but enjoy the movie more.
Scott Jeremy Nino Roberts
It's a nice Walt Disney classic.
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Shadow
A great children's book
Cws
Jul 20, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: je
JE-Dis
DBird
DBird marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Georgeth
Georgeth marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Dragon Castle
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Blustery Day (Winnie The Pooh)
  • Mouse (Five Ancestors, #6)
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • The Ultimate (Animorphs, #50)
  • Clifford Visits The Hospital
  • Cinderella
  • Froggy's First Kiss
  • The Legend of Chun Hyang
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 176 books)
  • The Hundred and One Dalmatians (The Hundred and One Dalmatians, #1)
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin and the Sly Magician (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)