Start by marking “Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga, #6)” as Want to Read:
Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga, #6)

Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga #6)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  1,141 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Raised in the wild by intelligent, language-using wolves, in her teens Firekeeper was abducted back into the lands of men, where her upbringing as a wolf helped her survive the deadly intrigues of human beings.

One of the first things she learned in Hawk Haven was that magic was a thing to be feared and despised. Long ago, all the human kingdoms were ruled by powerful sorce
Published January 2nd 2008 by Tor Fantasy (first published March 20th 2007)

This is the finale of Lindskold's "Firekeeper" series, and while the author does a decent enough job of wrapping things up, you can tell she's either running out of ideas or is tired of the characters.

One the one hand, it's a shame, because the world Jane Lindskold created was a rich one, full of political intrigue, cultural diversity (how many sf and fantasy writers assume new worlds would have only one sort of society?) and sharply drawn inhabitants. On the other hand, it's good the author rea
3.5 stars.

Honestly ? I'm glad it's over. I found that book a bit long (although I usually prefer long books). I think I've already mentionned why when updating my read.

Overall, it was a good enough series but the first 3 books were the best.

Not much else to say *shrug*
Tanya Sousa
I loved this series of books for the settings, the characters, and the relationship/bond between Firekeeper and the wolf, Blind Seer. Each book can stand alone, or be read in the collection, which is a lovely addition too. On the back of "Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart", it says, "A tale of humane wolves, beastly men, and a brilliant heroine who must find her way in a dangerous world." True assessment! But Firekeeper is such a strong young woman, I think readers will be pleased to find she handles he ...more
Surpasses Wolf Hunting in my opinion but I was always one for well written battles. I loved how Lindskold didn't just stay with Firekeeper and Derian, how she moved between those two and the 'Old World' nations. A little predictable with the Meddler's love of Firekeeper but Firekeeper's love of Blind Seer though they shall never be. (oh the tragedy! ok sorry. no more sarcasm I promise)still a great read if you liked the rest of the series
Michaela Anne
I've loved this Firekeeper series for a long while, but never read this last book until now. I think I was a little scared to be finally finishing the series. However, once I started it, I just couldn't put the books down.

There were so many unexpected plot twists, and included the surprising reappearence of many beloved characers from the earlier books. I especially loved that Firekeeper and Blind Seer could revist New Kelvin, a land that always intrigued me,especially in the Dragon of Despair.
I hadn't bought this last installment of the "Firekeeper Saga" until my son asked me to. We had read the previous five novels together and he really wanted to know how it was all going to end. Reading together is an experience more people should be able to enjoy. As I have said before, this is one of the major advantages to having a child with dyslexia.

Jane Lindskold made "Wolf's Blood" as much fun to read out loud as she had made the other five. Her language is intelligent and her vocabulary va
Aug 02, 2007 Henry rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have read the previous books in the series
Another entry in the "Firekeeper" series. The protagonist was lost in the woods as a baby and was raised by wolves. That is, really big, telepathic wolves. The protagonist gained the name "Firekeeper" and could talk to the animals. (Kind of a Mogli meets Dr. Doolittle -- with a hearty dose of any given plucky #######.)

However, these aren't just any normal animals. They are fully sentient creatures capable of plotting and full rational thought.

This book continues the action from previous books. I
Forgotten Realms Queen
The last installment in the Firekeeper saga. It had a good run, and I'm not too sad to see it end. There was really no where else for them to go after this.

It took me a bit to get into because it had been so long between this book and the last, but it wasn't bad. A bit complex, maybe a bit convoluted as well in some places, but all in all a good ending to the series.

Firekeeper and Blind Seer go after the source of the magical fever that has been striking fear into the hearts of so many for so lo
Christopher Robertson
The only negative item I have about this book is that this is the end of the series with SO much more story to explore!!! Other than that wonderful book and wonderful series!!!

I give the entire Firekeeper/Blind Seer series as a whole 5 stars - wonderful story, wonderful characters. I didn't care for "Wolf's Blood" much. The story dragged & the writing was rather wooden and stiff. I got the impression that the author was ready to finish this saga. which she apparently has. It was a chore to get through this book, but I had to, because I wanted very much to know how the story ended and I did like the ending. It left some room for expansion in case Lindskold ever dec ...more
Eco Imp
The final book in the saga took longer to finish than the previous five books. I cannot say whether it is because I wanted to draw out the end or needed a break. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book. I have always felt that animals were smarter than us in many ways and I am glad that this series incorporates such as well as a strong female protagonist. Although Firekeeper may not be human-wise, she is most often the wisest.
This is a great series. Wolves, medieval setting, magic - what more could you want? Well, a good plot and this has that too!
Liked this book more than the previous installment. The characters still continue to grow in depth and complexity. I would love to have seen more of the old world. Those characters and plots were glossed over very quickly. A couple of key characters were ignored almost completely, Doc and Elise, which disappointed me. The final battle was almost anticlimactic. This book wraps the series up nicely but I still want to read more of Firekeeper. I feel like there is more potential now that the Old Wo ...more
This book rounds out the Firekeeper series, and gives it a satisfying ending without wrapping up every last thing in a neat bow. In this book the renewed contact with the Old World and the re-emergence of magic bring about new conflicts and creative resolutions. I quite admired the way the series has a meta-plot centered around the physical and cosmological opening up of Lindskold's world. I also liked the way the series isn't about epic conflicts of Good and Evil; it's about societies, cultures ...more
Tonya Adamiak
This is the final book of an amazing series. Jane Lyndskold's Firekeeper series keeps you intrigued through the entire journey. Always meeting new people and governments, wrapping the reader in intrigue while watching a "wolf" learn human ways.
I was scarred that with this being the last book, and how the previous two books have been flowing that characters and people would be overlooked or left to wonder about. Lindskold very wonderfully cleared all those fears away, in some manner or another fo
This was probably one of my all time favorite series.
And the Firekeeper saga ends here.

It was ....fine. Not where I expected it to end up, and she even managed to make me okay with most of the character's choices. (I sometimes have definite opinions about what I want to happen. I am frequently disappointed.) I still don't like Isende as much as Rahniseeta, but, okay, fine.

Otherwise, quests finished, a brief appearance by Elise and Doc, some wrapping of plotlines, and a generally satisfactory book.
Jennifer Sigman
When looking at the series, it is really a tale of two trilogies. The first three books were incredible, and if nothing more had been written about Firekeeper I would have been satisfied.

The second trilogy starts with an almost impossible set of circumstances, and peters out by the end of the second book. The third book, this one, is a study of how Firekeeper knows more than everyone else and no-one can survive without her. Disappointing.
This book honestly surprised me. I had picked it up just as another book to read but when I finally sat down to read it, I found myself swept into the world in the book, which is odd considering I hadn't read the previous 5 books.

The characters, dialogue and setting all seem well thought out and sweep you away into the world. I will likely be exploring other books from Jane.
I like how the series has eveolved, with this being my faviorte book yet... I confess I did skim through a few of the 'Old World Ruler' chapters as I found them rather empty of any action... Jane has a habit of turning entire chapters into a culture's detailed history lesson... which are easy to skim due to no real 'on stage' action seems to happen in these chapters.
Mar 22, 2011 Cristiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy lover, adventure lover
Shelves: fantasy
Couldn't find this as an e-book. Strange since all others in the series are available electronically. Waiting to get from library.
I'm sorry to see this series over. I really liked these books. But to be honest, most any book with animals (especially wolves!) as main characters get high marks with me.
Aug 25, 2011 June rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lindskold and series fans
Shelves: fantasy, magic
It took me a while to get into this. However, I did enjoy the ending. I especially enjoyed Plik's solution to the Old World's aggression, even more than Firekeeper's tactics and her discourse on love. Maybe 3 and 1/2, but the ending made up for the rough start.
Laura Bozeman
I loved every book in this series.
More like 4.8 stars. I found a few editing flaws that probably would only distract someone as pedantic as myself, mostly issues with repeated words. It was a fun conclusion to a fun series that tied things together nicely.
For the most part I thought the book was all right. My only problem with the book is how over descriptive Jane can be. If you're a fan of the series, I do recommend picking up the book.
The whole Firekeeper series was wonderful, engaging, amazing character development and story, and so well written. I will have to read other Jane Lindskold.
human animal pairing, on a psychological connection between a young girl and her wolf in attempt to help her world... this is a great series.
I'm a sucker for punishment. I guess I have to read the whole series to find out what happens. And it didn't turn out well.
I love all of Jane Lindskold's "Firekeeper" novels. They are well written and the characters are endearing and well developed.
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2)
  • The Griffin's War (The Fallen Moon #3)
  • Dark Moon (Firebringer, #2)
  • The Seadragon's Daughter (Dragon Delasangre, #3)
  • Dragon and Phoenix (Dragonlord, #2)
  • The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3)
  • Path of Blood (Path, #3)
  • Vengeance of Dragons (The Secret Texts, #2)
  • Heroes Adrift (Hero, #3)
  • Shadow Leader (Wolfwalker, #2)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5
  • Forged By Fire (Dragon Temple Saga, #3)
  • Shattered Dance (White Magic, #3)
Jane Lindskold is the author of more than twenty published novels, including the six volume Firekeeper Saga (beginning with Through Wolf’s Eyes), Child of a Rainless Year (a contemporary fantasy set in Las Vegas, New Mexico), and The Buried Pyramid (an archeological adventure fantasy set in 1880's Egypt).

Lindskold is also the author of the “Breaking the Wall” series, which begins with Thirteen Orp
More about Jane Lindskold...

Firekeeper Saga (6 books)
  • Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1)
  • Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2)
  • The Dragon of Despair (Firekeeper Saga, #3)
  • Wolf Captured (Firekeeper Saga, #4)
  • Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga, #5)
Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1) Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2) The Dragon of Despair (Firekeeper Saga, #3) Wolf Captured (Firekeeper Saga, #4) Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga, #5)

“Something else changed when querinalo changed. Our immortality began to become—it is difficult to explain. None of us began to age, nor did we lose our vitality. Rather it was as if what was resilient within us began to stiffen. Traits of character became not merely habits, but defining elements. I suppose for me that it was fortunate — or unfortunate, given my current situation as your prisoner — that one of my defining traits has always been curiosity. Curiosity is one of the seeds of creativity, so that remained to me as well, but many of my associates were less fortunate.
"Remember that Virim recruited us all because we shared a certain idealism. However, I fear that not much time needs to pass for idealism to become dogmatism. This was the case for many of my associates. They became dogmatic, but not regarding the same things."
Firekeeper wondered what dogs had to do with ideas, but thought she understood. Dogs, like wolves, were pack animals, but unlike wolves, dogs retained a juvenile desire to follow. So these spellcasters had been Virim's dogs, and when this stiffening happened, they had become even more doglike. It made sense in a way.”