Clifford's ABC

Clifford's ABC (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Clifford tells the children what words begin with a particular letter of the alphabet.
Published September 1st 1986 by Cartwheel (first published September 1st 1984)

Rosalinda
Setting: N/A
POV: N/A

Summary: This book is great for introducing young students to the alphabet. The author of this book includes a list of words that begin with the particular letter on each page. I believe including a list of words in addition to an illustration is very beneficial for young students. They are introduced to a variety of words that will help them remember each letter of the alphabet. There is no story or setting to this book but the memorable characters, Clifford and Emily Eliza...more
Erika
Mar 17, 2014 Erika rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: march
I thought this book was okay. It's a good way to introduce words that begin with different letters of the alphabet. I felt like there was an overwhelming amount of words for each letter though. I probably wouldn't use this book until the child really knows the alphabet.
Cory
Mar 31, 2014 Cory rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: march
I love Clifford!This book is a great book to learn one's ABC's. I think that children reflect well with the Clifford character and the fun loving stories he has. I highly recommend this book.
Rachel
I liked it. ⭐⭐⭐
Elizabeth S
Does NOT have a story. Each page covers one letter of the alphabet. You see Clifford and Emily Elizabeth with labeled objects that all begin with the designated letter. There is also a list of all the objects to the side, to help you in talking with your toddler about them. More useful as a device for conversation with your toddler about letters.
Jen Roark
I really like Clifford's ABC by Norman Bridwell because it expands the kids vocabulary. Instead of just listing the letters and possibly one word that starts with the letter, she lists several words.. This is good because it lets kids understand more words which will help them in the future.
Amanda
This one turned out to be a winner, as I supposed it would when pre-reading it. For each letter there is a whole list and picture with each item in the list. After a while, when I read a word off the list, my son would start finding the words on the page. Helpful for a pre-reader.
Nancy
Bridwell’s very cute dog Clifford introduces each letter of the alphabet with loads of examples. A good ABC book for young children, especially for fans of Clifford.
Cornelius
For kindergarten children, I would use this book in the classroom to help children learn vocabulary words that begins with the letters of the alphabet from A-Z.
Shannon
See my comments on Count on Clifford... I also remember being annoyed it wasn't ABCs or ABC's instead of ABC.
Kirei
Sep 07, 2008 Kirei rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschoolers
Shelves: younger-kids
There is nothing special about this ABC book. It is a little outdated with words like "Eskimo."
Theresa
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show
Eireanne
On the suggested summer reading list for students.
Ruthie
One of the LONGEST books ive read!!!!
PWRL
Jan 28, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
O
SM
Laura added it
Jul 09, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Aerielle
Aerielle is currently reading it
May 16, 2014
Tisha
Tisha added it
Apr 27, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Apr 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...
Clifford the Big Red Dog Clifford's Halloween Clifford The Small Red Puppy Clifford The Firehouse Dog Clifford's Birthday Party