Start by marking “All Through the Night” as Want to Read:
All Through the Night

All Through the Night

Wayne, scarred physically and emotionally, has a background in special-ops he's trying to forget. But he gets his arm twisted into helping a quirky group of seniors who've been scammed out of their retirement. Breaching the con man's high-security island estate, Wayne recovers the stolen money in an action sequence worthy of a Hollywood blockbuster. Case closed.
A savvy you
Published July 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about All Through the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Through the Night

Ruth Jerome
May 12, 2016 Ruth Jerome rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Quite a bit of action and a fast read with an interesting collection of characters. The message of the Gospel comes through loud and clear and if you pay attention you will be hit with profound thoughts. I have quoted the two that affected me the most.

"We spent four years in the war zone, It was an awful place. I saw things you can't imagine." She paused, "Well, perhaps you can." I tell you this because I want you to understand where I am coming from. I can't say I have been where you are. But I
Nora St Laurent
Jul 09, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it really liked it
Wayne Grusza is a Special Forces trained military man, who just so happens to be a CPA. Weird combination, but Wayne has the best of both worlds. He'd seen enough action in the war to last him a lifetime when his sister, woman pastor, Eilene Belote, wants him to help solve a case for Hattie Blount Community - a place she calls home. Wayne really has no place to go or any place to call home, so he checks out their financial books. It's the least he could do for the sister who had always been ther ...more
Melanie (aka Serial Reader)
My first-ever Davis Bunn novel and I give it 5 stars. His style of writing flows, his conversations are fluid and the action flexes throughout the story. A man once known for heroism in Spec Ops, Wayne Grusza is working his way back home where he is hired by a small community in southern Florida to find out what happened to all their money. The result leads to another problem which leads to another and Wayne finds himself in the middle of a storm.

I wish I had the words and the knack to explain
LadyCalico
Jul 16, 2011 LadyCalico rated it really liked it
Refreshingly clean little mystery/romance with well-drawn likable characters, instead of the generic plots and wooden stock characters usually found in Christian fiction. Be warned, (view spoiler) ...more
Philip
Jul 27, 2011 Philip rated it liked it
This is a very well-written novel, I thought. I have little bad to say about it, yet for some reason I didn't find myself as affected by it as other novels. I start this review with that because I rated it only three stars to fit the rest of the ratings for my books, yet it could easily hold a higher rating, I think. I read it quickly, staying interested enough to not be distracted by other things, yet once it finished I felt like "oh, ok then", which is a weird combination for me.

But anyway, ab
Mekayla
Feb 22, 2016 Mekayla rated it really liked it
This book was definitely different than what I've been reading lately. The writer lays out a good story, sets a good scene and kept me going through my head on previous information he gave. What I found though was that I felt the writing was devoid of an emotional side. Even so, I did enjoy it.
Becky
Sep 03, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
4&1/2 stars. A burnt-out soldier gets drawn in to an investigation regarding a scam against a retirement community. One thing leads to another, exposing him and his new family of friends to a much more dangerous evil. Quirky and loveable characters.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
As Christian fiction goes, this one is a winner. We read it for my church book club and I thoroughly enjoyed it, even staying up very late one night to finish it. A great mystery about white collar crime, and an engaging main character with realistic flaws and temptations. The Christian part of the book is nicely woven in and doesn't become the whole story or get in the way of the story. A nice quick mystery read, with a bit of romance thrown in.
Connie
Jun 02, 2014 Connie rated it liked it
Wayne Grusza, a pastor's son with a questionable past, finds hope and a future as he lives with and serves a community of retirees that has been scammed by a dishonest corporation.
Lobug
Aug 02, 2014 Lobug rated it did not like it
meh. Since when is stealing from those who steal from you a good thing?
Didn't finish this at all. I could see where it was going, and didn't care at all.
Ila Cokonougher blair
May 22, 2015 Ila Cokonougher blair rated it it was amazing
This book really kept my intrest...alot of twist and turns...keeps you on the edge of your seat!
Phyllis C
May 05, 2014 Phyllis C rated it it was ok
A loner tries to forget a troubled life. Didn't enjoy, don't recommend.
Sandra
I guess this was meant to be a suspense thriller. And that part of the plot was nice. White-collar crime, intrigue and betrayal...not a bad mix.

Unfortunately, that wasn't all of it. There are themese of God and faith, of possible angels, there's romantic interest that's never resolved or actually even really addressed, and it results in a hodgepodge of a story that just didn't do it for me.

What I did like is the undertones of redemption and being loved/liked for who you are, not for where you ca
Jack
May 30, 2016 Jack rated it really liked it
Great read, way better than his latest works.
Brittany
Nov 16, 2014 Brittany rated it liked it
It was alright but hard to follow at times. Seemed a bit jumpy and disjointed. But not bad. Good one-time read.
Crys Harris
Sep 01, 2011 Crys Harris rated it it was ok
Shelves: shelved
Not my cup of tea. I'm not partial to 'Christian fiction' as a genre, although I've read a few books that were quite good. This one isn't one of them. The hero is appropriately troubled, but still comes off as too good to be true. Little old ladies fasting and praying? Angels? Uhh... not for me.

The writing is also strangely disjointed. A lot of sentence fragments and thoughts that go down a path, only to end. It has a staccato rhythm that works really well in hard boiled detective novels, but no
Claudette
Did not finish.
Nick Woodall
Feb 05, 2016 Nick Woodall rated it really liked it
Davis Bunn writes a great book! Lots of action, yet full of memorable characters.
Nerissa Golden
Feb 28, 2016 Nerissa Golden rated it really liked it
The length of time it took me to read it, is not a reflection of the quality of the story. I took the day to finish it and I enjoyed the way Davis Bunn blends his faith with a thrilling storyline.
Reepacheep
Mar 03, 2009 Reepacheep rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Reepacheep by: Rachel
The opening was a little disorienting. There was just enough to keep me interested, but I felt like I came in to a movie and missed the first couple minutes--and I hate missing part of a movie.

Once I settled into the story and got my bearings I enjoyed the story tremendously. One of the lessons learned by various characters in this book (primarily Wayne & Tatyana) is "perfect people" dealing with the realization that they aren't perfect.
Teri
Jul 10, 2011 Teri rated it liked it
All Through the Night was difficult to follow at first - a least the first dozen or so chapters. It seemed initially to be all over the place and I was having trouble following what was going on. Having said all that, about a 1/4 of the way through it did get decidedly better and ended up being a good story. I'm glad I hung in there. However, because of the lack of clarity at the beginning, I'm only giving it three stars.
Sara
Jun 14, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Davis Bunn, and I plan to read more in the future. It was suspenseful, yet had a bit of romance and humor (the main character is living in a retirement community with people 30+ years older than him). Wayne is such a flawed character, who doesn't realize how that he is an actual hero, until he mets Tatyana and the old folks at the community, and then of course, saves the day.
Lillie
I liked that there was redemption for several people in the story, but I was uncomfortable with the way the hero got the money back from the guy who scammed a group of senior citizens and their community center. The hero wasn't saved at that time, but even the most devout of the senior citizens cheered his actions. I was glad they got their money back ... but not with the way it was done.
Ellen
Mar 20, 2012 Ellen rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-finished
I had so many reasons to want to like this book. I mean, ex-military guy solves a mystery to save some folks in a retirement home and toss in some romance at the same time -- what's not to like, right? But this disjoined jumble of sentences never did let me connect with the characters and all the angel references just didn't ring true for me. I made it halfway and just quit reading.
Peggy Walker
Feb 04, 2013 Peggy Walker rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed this book more than I expected as a Christian mystery. I liked the characters, and I enjoyed the community that they lived in together. The Special Ops veteran with PTSD was a bit more unconventional in his actions that I would have imagined could work in real life, but I liked him...and the other characters as well, and so I enjoyed the book in spite of myself.
Kathleen
Jan 19, 2014 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Excellent book grabbed my attention easy to read
Jenna
Jan 02, 2012 Jenna rated it it was ok
Just kind of odd and a bit disjointed. While seeking to spread a Christian message, it skirted some decidedly non-Christian behavior. I guess the main character did those things before finding God, but it still felt very unresolved somehow. Probably didn't help that I had just read The Client by Grisham, too, which is much better in terms of the suspense thriller aspect.
Shelley
Jan 05, 2009 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: august
This storyline got me hooked right from the beginning! I knew who Davis Bunn was before this book (or T. Davis Bunn as he went by for awhile) but I never appreciated his writing until I read this book.

Mystery, suspense, romance... how to categorize it? And I hate to label it as Christian because that puts a bias on this man's writing that doesn't do it justice.
Stephanie Downing
Feb 25, 2013 Stephanie Downing rated it it was ok
This was a long read in that I was constantly putting it down. I rented it from the library and it took me the full 14 days to finish, this is very strange for me. I like the premise, but the reading felt like a job...and I don't read books to have a part time job!! Characters were well developed and likable, storyline was difficult to stay involved with?!
Lisa
Sep 15, 2011 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. I was completely lost for the first few chapters and actually went back to see if I missed some pages because things were happening out of the blue. About half way through I found myself thinking, hurry up already, figure it out and stop brooding while your at it. I wouldn't recommend it and I'm glad I'm finally done.
  • Through the Fire
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Veiled Freedom
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
  • Stealing Jake
  • The Triumph of Grace (Grace in Africa, #3)
  • Reinventing Leona
  • As the Crow Dies
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)
  • Hidden Steel
  • The Brotherhood (Precinct 11, #1)
  • Whisper on the Wind (The Great War, #2)
  • Shattered: A Daughter's Regret (Secrets, #2)
  • Ransomed Dreams (Side Roads #1)
  • Cash Burn
  • The Big Five-OH!
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble, #2)
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the a
More about Davis Bunn...