Start by marking “Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Scrapbook” as Want to Read:
Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Scrapbook

Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Scrapbook

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In this companion to the film, which includes photographs from the movie set and recipes, the dog Winn-Dixie describes how he met ten-year-old India Opal Buloni and all the good things that happened to them as a result.
Published December 29th 2004 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Scrapbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Scrapbook

Kendall Cantor
Nov 30, 2012 Kendall Cantor rated it really liked it
Opal and her father have just moved to Naomi, Florida. Making Opal the new girl in town. One day Opal decides to go to the supermarket, and comes across a mischievous dog.Not knowing what to do Opal decides to take this dog home with her, name the dog Winn Dixie. Winn Dixie and Opal would pass their days by visiting the librarian, Miss Franny Block, the pet shop with Otis, and also spending time with Gloria Dump. With the absence of opals mother in her life and with also being the new girl in to ...more
Kayla wilson
i like this book a lot because it has to with dogs and i like dogs more than cats i will rate this book an 5 or an 4 in a half because me and the the girl ople because she was trying to get winn-dixie to be her dog because she always wanted a dog. they said that she act just like her mom but when she was little her mom took every thing of her stuff and went some where else and ople want to know more about her mom. the people who wants to read this book is the people that like dogs.

BY:KAYLA WIL
Tiffany
The book Because of Winn-Dixie is about a girl named India Opal. Her mom left her when she was really young and her father was a preacher. She moved to Florida and she has feels very lonely and she didn't have any friends at all. But one day she found a dog who she named Winn-Dixie and because of Winn-Dixie she made many friends.
I like this book because it was really touching and interesting. Also I find it amazing how a dog can bring a bunch of people together and make them become friends. I
Lizzy Herda
Jan 25, 2016 Lizzy Herda rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal
Because of Winn Dixie will forever be one of my favorite books. This heart filled, bittersweet story is going to hit a sweet spot for any die-hard dog lover, or animal lover in general. This is a touching tale between a young girl named Opal and her beloved dog Winn Dixie. Opal is a very curious girl who has come across many questions in life and is determined to find the answer to every one. The kind-hearted girl takes in a stray dog and goes on adventures with him as if he were her brother. O ...more
Nina
I read this book in Sept of 2007 and loved the first line: "My name is India Opal Bulane adn last summer my daddy , the preacher, sent me to the sotre for a box of macaroni and cheese and I came home with a dog. And the last line: I think it's the last??? "And then Otis and gloria and Sweetie and all started to sing a song. And I listened careful, so I could learn it right." LOVELY BOOK>won the Caldecott prize for literature.
Amy
Jan 25, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
Maddie G
Feb 24, 2010 Maddie G rated it liked it
This book was ok....it was nothing exciting just a book about this girl who finds a dog and has all these memories with it. so this book could relate to my life except i have a mom and she doesnt and i dont have a dog that can smile. Also i dont talk to random strangers. STRANGER DANGER!
Sosie
Aug 16, 2013 Sosie rated it it was amazing
Winn Dixie is a very good book, that's why I chose it to be my favorite book. I think other kids should read this book too, because it's about if you love someone then he or she sticks to you forever. So that's a very good lesson for kids. That's why I chose this book.
Barbara Atlas
Jun 17, 2008 Barbara Atlas rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teens
Recommended to Barbara by: FCPS recommended for 7th-8th
I don't know - maybe I would have liked it better if Winn-Dixie were a cat... This book is a favorite among MS English teachers and low readers seem to like it.
Rosemary
good read!

cute story about a dog and a young girl and her daddy who is a Pastor......in a small town........READ to find out more about the book!!
Muserum Liger
May 09, 2008 Muserum Liger rated it really liked it
the book that is up hear now is a sad and happy book at the same time becaause the dog that the girl wanted the dog left maney of times
Tina Nguyen
Sep 24, 2010 Tina Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grade-6-reads
Opal is a very lovely person. She is a dog lover and a daughter of a priest, friend with a man who used to be in jail...
Devontwin2
Nov 14, 2009 Devontwin2 rated it it was amazing
This book was the best book I've ever read.It was given to me by a special friend on my birthday. It's just wonderful.
Tinkerbell
May 09, 2008 Tinkerbell rated it really liked it
this boook taught me about not being so cruel to others even if you are having a hard time with family or friends.
Melissa
Sep 16, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
it was a cool story and very interesting
Anna Motteler
Sep 11, 2008 Anna Motteler rated it really liked it
Such an adorable book and an adorable movie.
Renaynaynay!
May 23, 2009 Renaynaynay! rated it really liked it
i read it when i was little and loved it
Brenna Bonner
Jun 24, 2010 Brenna Bonner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
A sweet story, recommend it to everyone
Sophia
Alex
Alex added it
Feb 01, 2016
Kent Chen
Kent Chen rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Nightmares Dream
Nightmares Dream marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Justin Hong
Justin Hong rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Meagan Wilhoite
Meagan Wilhoite rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
  • Stumptown Kid
  • Mystery Of Drear House
  • We Rode the Orphan Trains
  • Primavera
  • Trouble & Triumph (Power & Beauty, #2)
  • The Flamingo Rising
  • Stanley Yelnats' Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake (Holes)
  • The Mother of all Pregnancy Books