Start by marking “WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook” as Want to Read:
WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook

WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women, killing six times as many as breast cancer. What's worse, too few women realize the dire risk they face.

WomenHeart, the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease, is an organization dedicated to helping women heart patients and those at risk for heart disease, whether they know it or not. Through an extensive s
Published December 26th 2007 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WomenHeart's All Heart Family Cookbook

Joy Weese Moll
This cookbook had a lot of useful information in the introductory pages as well as several recipes that I want to try. There are many pages devoted to what the risk factors for heart disease are, how they are measured, and what changes in diet can be made to improve them. That is followed by a page or two for each of the 40 featured foods with explanations of how they work, delineations of the scientific evidence that show they do work, and an index to the recipes later in the book that use that ...more
Stephanie
I want to buy this cookbook. It takes all those foods we know are good for our hearts (allmonds, red wine, tomatoes, quinoa, salmon, dark chocolate (woo-hoo!) , flax, EVOO, and gives ways to incorporate them into meals.

I spent a week in ICU when my heart went crazy after the flu then pericarditis and I'd always had a strong, healthy heart. Now I want to keep it that way. Scary stuff. I need this book. Oh and spending the time to actually cook this stuff wouldn't hurt either :)
Msbmom
I love this cookbook! I found it by accident in the library when I was looking to try out some "new" cookbooks I do not own. I was cooking from it the day I took it out and purchased a copy the same week!

It's informational and the recipes are easy and good for the whole family. This book is always in the kitchen and we use it at least 1x a week to find something new to cook.
 Barb Bailey
I liked this cookbook alot. It was very informational and I will definately use some of the heart healthy recipes. I have already reccommended it to several people.
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Laura added it
Jan 18, 2015
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Guo
Guo added it
Mar 02, 2012
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Laura marked it as to-read
May 06, 2009