Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt

Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Celebrate Twenty Years of Drizzt!

Drizzt Do'Urden fought his way out of the monster-infested Underdark and carved a life for himself on the no less unforgiving surface world. The Legend of Drizzt follows the tale of a hero born to a race of evil, who struggles with his inner demons and the prejudices of others to become one of the greatest heroes the fantasy genre has ever...more
Published September 9th 2008 by Wizards of the Coast (first published August 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reader's Guide to the Legend of Drizzt

Forgotten Realms Queen
For those not in the know, R.A. Salvatore wrote a series in the Forgotten Realms universe titled The Legend of Drizz't. This series has been ongoing for twenty years now, with several spin off series featuring or referring to one of the more famous and notorious Forgotten Realms figures, a Drow by the name of Drizz't Do'Urdern.

This, A Reader's Guide to R.A. Salvatore's The Legend of Drizz't, is just that. It is a beautifully rendered coffee table book covering the plot and background of the firs...more
Wes Baker
Not necessarily a book I'd pick up to just read, but well worth having around if you plan on sticking with The Legend of Drizzt for the long haul. The maps alone are worth the purchase, they're beautiful and give you a great idea of the scope of Faerun and where different cities sit in relation to the other cities.
Michael Alexander Henke
Fairly recently I decided that I was going to try to get caught up on the Drizzt books. For some reason I had stopped reading them, despite enjoying them quite a bit. I finally got through the Paths of Darkness series, and that gave me leave to read this, since that's what it covers up to. This book is great for anyone that's a fan of the Drizzt series. It gives a brief synopsis of the first 13 books, and is loaded with art and information. It has details about nearly every character major and m...more
Kelly
I spent a cozy afternoon on the couch poring through this book today. Truly a comprehensive collection of information pertaining to Drizzt and his world - his companions and foes, geographic landmarks, town maps and local lore. I found myself smiling over and again as I appreciated a detail here and lavish artwork there. Though many artists contributed, Todd Lockwood, who brings Drizzt to life like no other, has outdone himself in this volume.

A must for fans of Drizzt - it has inspired me to rea...more
Keith Phillips
If you have read all of the books up until the most recent then it is a good book to have to refresh your memory of what happened earlier in the series. Also it has nice detailed maps of all the locations of his adventrues along with nice pictures of the characters. And if your new to the series it can help you learn more about the characters and their world. Along with actually following the paths that they take by looking at the maps if you wanted to go that far. Good Gift for a Drizzt fan.

Astri
A great gift for any fan of the Legend of Drizzt series. Gorgeous illustrations.
Pierre
Great artwork helps visualize the Realms. Unfortunately, doesn't add anything new.
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Gertjan Leemans
Gertjan Leemans marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Allison Osborn
Allison Osborn marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
David
David added it
Jul 25, 2014
Matthew Schauster
Matthew Schauster marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Scott Collison
Scott Collison marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Sebastian Gaskins
Sebastian Gaskins marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Chanda Walker
Chanda Walker marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Philip Athans is the New York Times best-selling author of Annihilation and more than a dozen other fantasy and horror books including The Guide to Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction, Completely Broken, Arron of the Black Forest, Book I: The Haunting of Dragon's Cliff (with Mel Odom), Devils of the Endless Deep, and How to Start Your Own Religion.

Born in Rochester, New York he grew up in suburb...more
More about Philip Athans...
Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5) The Halls Of Stormweather (Sembia #1) Baldur's Gate (Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate, #1) Realms of the Dragons (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #9) Realms of Mystery (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #6)