Rubicon (Sentinels, No 5)

Rubicon (Robotech #17)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Optera! Birthplace of the Flowers of Life and their agents of retribution, the Invid . . . nexus for an unfolding of events that had left the galaxy reshaped and redefined . . . and now the focal point of the Sentinels' long campaign to liberate the Quadrant from the Regent's tyranny.
Edwards is on his way to Optera, in flight from Tirol with his prisoner Lynn-Minmei and a...more
Mass Market Paperback, 215 pages
Published July 12th 1988 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Rubicon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rubicon

James
I'm still stubbornly slogging my way through some books I've basically out-grown, but want another read-through of before I donate/sell/burn them.

It was going so well up until this point. The first 4 Sentinels novels, while shallow and pulpy action and space opera, at least had a good pace, non-annoying characters (outside of minmei who was mercifully minor) and creative machines/planets/aliens which is all I've ever really wanted out of Science Fiction. Unfortunately, the plot really falls apa...more
Deslni01
The Sentinels are left with two planets to complete their original mission to rid the quadrant of war: Peryton, a cursed planet, and the Invid homeworld Optera. This is an exciting epic finale as all of the various characters in the power struggle converge - The Sentinels, The Invid Regent, the evolved Invid scientist Tesla, the REF, the remaining Zentraedi and the renegade Edwards - on a drastic fight of domination surrounding Optera.[return][return]This volume completes The Sentinels campaign...more
Edward Smith
I loved Rubicon. It was a very good end for the Sentinels (which despite its quirkiness, was a good storyline). I acually liked Rubicon much more than the Prelude to Shadow Chronicles which is now officially "canon". Prelude to Shadow Chronicles removed a lot of things which I liked about Rubicon, such as Breetai's climactic fight (which was retconned to being killed by Edwards ingloriously), as well as killing Rick and Lisa's unborn child (I loved Roy Hunter!). Rubicon essentially wraps up the...more
Mzungo
Great series of books for kids that enjoy or are interested in science fiction. I read these books in middle school (I'm now in my 30s) and loved each one. The stories are fun, engaging and relatively fast paced. I'd be tempted to reread them now just for old time's sake if I didn't have so many new books on my to-read list.

I knocked it down a peg because, in retrospect, there are some aspects that are a bit too cheesy. I'm sure when my kids are old enough, they'll get thier own copies.
Nathan
The final act for the Sentinels Saga, this helps close it with a bang, taking the place of book #19 in the Chronological order. This also ties the Sentinels Saga storyline back into the one occurring on Earth as well, and helps to set up some of the events that occur at the end of Symphony of Light.
Butterflykatana
This is it!! The battle for freedom in this neck of space and beyond is here. I really liked it and I know this has all been replaced now over the years as non cannon. But that's a boardroom choice not mine. So I'm sticking with this story line.
Kenneth Dean
Kenneth Dean marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
John
John added it
Sep 06, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Sep 03, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Christopher Goodman
Christopher Goodman marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rich Fiege
Rich Fiege marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • Burning Bright
  • Fortune's Wheel (Sholan Alliance, #2)
  • Old Guard: Bolos Anthology 5 (Bolos, #5)
  • Counting the Cost
  • Lazarus Rising (Starfist, #9)
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • The Green Hills of Earth / The Menace from Earth
  • The Forever Hero (Forever Hero, #1-3)
  • Carnifex
  • Digital Knight
  • The Cosmic Computer (aka Junkyard Planet)
  • The Road to Damascus
  • Brain Ships (Brainship, #2-3)
  • The Hub: Dangerous Territory (The Hub)
  • The Cobra Trilogy
  • Warp Speed (Warp Speed #1)
Genesis (Robotech, First Generation, #1) Battle Cry (Robotech, First Generation, #2) Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3) Battlehymn (Robotech, First Generation, #4) Doomsday (Robotech, First Generation, #6)