Start by marking “Rubicon (Sentinels, No 5)” as Want to Read:
Rubicon (Sentinels, No 5)

Rubicon (Robotech #17)

Optera! Birthplace of the Flowers of Life and their agents of retribution, the Invid . . . nexus for an unfolding of events that had left the galaxy reshaped and redefined . . . and now the focal point of the Sentinels' long campaign to liberate the Quadrant from the Regent's tyranny.
Edwards is on his way to Optera, in flight from Tirol with his prisoner Lynn-Minmei and a
Mass Market Paperback, 215 pages
Published July 12th 1988 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Rubicon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rubicon

James
Jun 13, 2010 James rated it it was ok
I'm still stubbornly slogging my way through some books I've basically out-grown, but want another read-through of before I donate/sell/burn them.

It was going so well up until this point. The first 4 Sentinels novels, while shallow and pulpy action and space opera, at least had a good pace, non-annoying characters (outside of minmei who was mercifully minor) and creative machines/planets/aliens which is all I've ever really wanted out of Science Fiction. Unfortunately, the plot really falls apa
Deslni01
Mar 02, 2012 Deslni01 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science, fiction
The Sentinels are left with two planets to complete their original mission to rid the quadrant of war: Peryton, a cursed planet, and the Invid homeworld Optera. This is an exciting epic finale as all of the various characters in the power struggle converge - The Sentinels, The Invid Regent, the evolved Invid scientist Tesla, the REF, the remaining Zentraedi and the renegade Edwards - on a drastic fight of domination surrounding Optera.[return][return]This volume completes The Sentinels campaign ...more
Edward Smith
Aug 03, 2011 Edward Smith rated it really liked it
I loved Rubicon. It was a very good end for the Sentinels (which despite its quirkiness, was a good storyline). I acually liked Rubicon much more than the Prelude to Shadow Chronicles which is now officially "canon". Prelude to Shadow Chronicles removed a lot of things which I liked about Rubicon, such as Breetai's climactic fight (which was retconned to being killed by Edwards ingloriously), as well as killing Rick and Lisa's unborn child (I loved Roy Hunter!). Rubicon essentially wraps up the ...more
Timothy Boyd
May 11, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
Great SiFi series. Giant battlesuits battling outer space monsters, what more can you ask for. Very recommended
Mzungo
Mar 29, 2011 Mzungo rated it really liked it
Great series of books for kids that enjoy or are interested in science fiction. I read these books in middle school (I'm now in my 30s) and loved each one. The stories are fun, engaging and relatively fast paced. I'd be tempted to reread them now just for old time's sake if I didn't have so many new books on my to-read list.

I knocked it down a peg because, in retrospect, there are some aspects that are a bit too cheesy. I'm sure when my kids are old enough, they'll get thier own copies.
Nathan
Feb 20, 2008 Nathan rated it really liked it
Shelves: robotech-series
The final act for the Sentinels Saga, this helps close it with a bang, taking the place of book #19 in the Chronological order. This also ties the Sentinels Saga storyline back into the one occurring on Earth as well, and helps to set up some of the events that occur at the end of Symphony of Light.
Butterflykatana
Jun 02, 2013 Butterflykatana rated it it was amazing
This is it!! The battle for freedom in this neck of space and beyond is here. I really liked it and I know this has all been replaced now over the years as non cannon. But that's a boardroom choice not mine. So I'm sticking with this story line.
Theresa
Nov 24, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
looking into the next generation and the cultural change
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Evan
Evan added it
Sep 19, 2016
Garrison Kelly
Garrison Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Richard Neuendorf 3
Richard Neuendorf 3 rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Shaun Yates
Shaun Yates marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Beorn
Beorn added it
Jul 29, 2016
Matt
Matt added it
Jul 17, 2016
William
William rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Ian Dickson
Ian Dickson marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Haselrig
Haselrig rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Christophermixyahoo.Com
Christophermixyahoo.Com marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Steven Penner
Steven Penner rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Timothy McNeil
Timothy McNeil rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Ryan Spackman
Ryan Spackman marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Shaun
Shaun added it
May 12, 2016
  • Privateer (The Flight Engineer, #2)
  • Burning Bright
  • Last Stand: Bolos 4
  • The War With Earth (New Kashubia, #2)
  • Design for Great-Day
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • Grimmer Than Hell
  • Old Guard: Bolos Anthology 5 (Bolos, #5)
  • The Forever Hero (Forever Hero, #1-3)
  • The Forlorn
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • Lazarus Rising (Starfist, #9)
  • Brain Ships (Brainship, #2-3)
  • Digital Knight
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • Relic of Empire (Forbidden Borders, #2)

Robotech (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Genesis (Robotech, First Generation, #1)
  • Battle Cry (Robotech, First Generation, #2)
  • Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3)
  • Battlehymn (Robotech, First Generation, #4)
  • Force of Arms (Robotech, First Generation, #5)
  • Doomsday (Robotech, First Generation, #6)
  • The Zentraedi Rebellion (Robotech/Lost Generation #19)
  • Devil's Hand
  • Dark Powers (Sentinels, No 2)
  • Death Dance (Sentinels, No 3)