Start by marking “Rubicon (Sentinels, No 5)” as Want to Read:
Rubicon (Sentinels, No 5)

Rubicon (Robotech #17)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  298 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Optera! Birthplace of the Flowers of Life and their agents of retribution, the Invid . . . nexus for an unfolding of events that had left the galaxy reshaped and redefined . . . and now the focal point of the Sentinels' long campaign to liberate the Quadrant from the Regent's tyranny.
Edwards is on his way to Optera, in flight from Tirol with his prisoner Lynn-Minmei and a
Mass Market Paperback, 215 pages
Published July 12th 1988 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Rubicon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rubicon

James
I'm still stubbornly slogging my way through some books I've basically out-grown, but want another read-through of before I donate/sell/burn them.

It was going so well up until this point. The first 4 Sentinels novels, while shallow and pulpy action and space opera, at least had a good pace, non-annoying characters (outside of minmei who was mercifully minor) and creative machines/planets/aliens which is all I've ever really wanted out of Science Fiction. Unfortunately, the plot really falls apa
Deslni01
The Sentinels are left with two planets to complete their original mission to rid the quadrant of war: Peryton, a cursed planet, and the Invid homeworld Optera. This is an exciting epic finale as all of the various characters in the power struggle converge - The Sentinels, The Invid Regent, the evolved Invid scientist Tesla, the REF, the remaining Zentraedi and the renegade Edwards - on a drastic fight of domination surrounding Optera.[return][return]This volume completes The Sentinels campaign ...more
Edward Smith
I loved Rubicon. It was a very good end for the Sentinels (which despite its quirkiness, was a good storyline). I acually liked Rubicon much more than the Prelude to Shadow Chronicles which is now officially "canon". Prelude to Shadow Chronicles removed a lot of things which I liked about Rubicon, such as Breetai's climactic fight (which was retconned to being killed by Edwards ingloriously), as well as killing Rick and Lisa's unborn child (I loved Roy Hunter!). Rubicon essentially wraps up the ...more
Timothy Boyd
Great SiFi series. Giant battlesuits battling outer space monsters, what more can you ask for. Very recommended
Mzungo
Great series of books for kids that enjoy or are interested in science fiction. I read these books in middle school (I'm now in my 30s) and loved each one. The stories are fun, engaging and relatively fast paced. I'd be tempted to reread them now just for old time's sake if I didn't have so many new books on my to-read list.

I knocked it down a peg because, in retrospect, there are some aspects that are a bit too cheesy. I'm sure when my kids are old enough, they'll get thier own copies.
Nathan
The final act for the Sentinels Saga, this helps close it with a bang, taking the place of book #19 in the Chronological order. This also ties the Sentinels Saga storyline back into the one occurring on Earth as well, and helps to set up some of the events that occur at the end of Symphony of Light.
Butterflykatana
This is it!! The battle for freedom in this neck of space and beyond is here. I really liked it and I know this has all been replaced now over the years as non cannon. But that's a boardroom choice not mine. So I'm sticking with this story line.
Theresa
looking into the next generation and the cultural change
Stephen Schulte
Stephen Schulte marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Steve
Steve added it
Apr 10, 2015
Tuxian
Tuxian marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Isuru Thenabadu
Isuru Thenabadu marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Giovanni Chavez
Giovanni Chavez marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
  • The Privateer (The Flight Engineer, #2)
  • Burning Bright
  • Last Stand: Bolos 4
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • Design for Great-Day
  • The Forlorn
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • The Forever Hero (Forever Hero, #1-3)
  • Old Guard: Bolos Anthology 5 (Bolos, #5)
  • Counting the Cost
  • Orion and the Conqueror (Orion, # 4)
  • Kingdom's Swords (Starfist, #7)
  • Digital Knight
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • Relic of Empire (Forbidden Borders, #2)
  • Carnifex

Robotech (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Genesis (Robotech, First Generation, #1)
  • Battle Cry (Robotech, First Generation, #2)
  • Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3)
  • Battlehymn (Robotech, First Generation, #4)
  • Force of Arms (Robotech, First Generation, #5)
  • Doomsday (Robotech, First Generation, #6)
  • The Zentraedi Rebellion (Robotech/Lost Generation #19)
  • Devil's Hand
  • Dark Powers (Sentinels, No 2)
  • Death Dance (Sentinels, No 3)
Genesis (Robotech, First Generation, #1) Battle Cry (Robotech, First Generation, #2) Homecoming (Robotech, First Generation, #3) Battlehymn (Robotech, First Generation, #4) Doomsday (Robotech, First Generation, #6)