Skip Beat!, Vol. 13

Skip Beat!, Vol. 13 (Skip Beat! #13)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  2,251 ratings  ·  26 reviews
• An ongoing manga series in Japan—over 14 volumes to date
• Consistent ranking in Japan’s Top 10 manga sales
• An American Idol-style manga
• Every new volume has appeared in Japan’s Tohan Top 1
• Previewed and promoted in VIZ Media’s Shojo Beat magazine
• Released Bi-monthly (e...more
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC

The Thirteen Problems by Agatha ChristieThirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherThirteen at Dinner by Agatha ChristieThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldSleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
Lucky 13
72nd out of 163 books — 28 voters
Shinobi Life, Vol. 01 by Shoko ConamiOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 by Bisco HatoriOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 by Bisco HatoriWild Ones, Vol. 2 by Kiyo FujiwaraVampire Knight, Vol. 04 by Matsuri Hino
Manga Released in 2008
89th out of 97 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheila
Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Most of this volume is taken up with Ren's acting test. Ren has to convince the president of his agency that his acting is up to romantic snuff or he's sacked. Of course Ren passes. He does it with style. After his rehearsal with Kyoko the night before, Ren is confident that he can perfectly act his scenes. He decides to improvise. Ren's costar Itsumi isn't going for it. She thinks he's being too brash at insisting on improvising. What's even worse is that Ren insists he can "make Itsumi act" li...more
Starry
Sara
Jul 23, 2012 Sara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: comedy, shoujo, manga
Another good volume. This author is a really good writer, if you haven't noticed by now. Everything she writes makes sense and not in that loose, "I guess that makes sense if I don't poke at it too much" way that some mangaka have. And her characters are not stupid either.
(view spoiler)...more
Wickedshizuku
Nov 13, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: OneManga.com
Shelves: manga, 2009, reviewed
This volume begins with Act 73: Dark Moon.

The cover makes me think Kyoko is shooting a commercial for some type of vacation getaway. Seems to garish compared to the mood in this particular volume.

The story...
This is one of my favorite volumes out of the series. Nakamura was at the top if her game with this one. Ren develops immensely as an actor and a character in the pages.
There are three really big issues that comes out of this, but you'll have to read for yourself to find out what they are.
Ch...more
Susan Treat
GOOD BOOK LOVED IT
Amy
This arc is starting to come to a close, which is nice. I found parts of it dragging a bit, but Kyoko is starting to realize she might not be as hated as she thinks.
Reader17 Der
Love this series. In this volume Ren is having his test to prove that he is the great actor that he is and to continue his career in acting. He has to show how well he can play Katsuki and have the girl that he acting against be able to improvise and get her to act the scene the way he wants.

Also Kyoko notice's how all of the female actress can fall under Ren's spell. Kyoko was making me laugh with the "Sway Sway" when she was waiting around for Ren to get done talking with the President.
Starbubbles
while i enjoy kyoko and ren's interactions, i find this one slightly anti-climatic. it's okay because it's still well done and pretty interesting to see how kyoko's mind processes new developments. i wish her love switch would turn on, but honestly if i were in her shoes, i wouldn't connect the dots either.
Jeffrey
Sometimes I wonder how much you can trust ratings this far into a series. Is Volume 13 ever going to get less than three stars? Probably not. But I really liked this one. It takes the focus off of Kyoko and really develops Ren and, in so doing, develops Kyoko through her observations of him.

Ashley (Firestarbooks)
COORRNNNNNN!! I love when Ren and Kyoko talks about the past. We totally know that they are connected. OMGOMG! Cuteeee!!

But to me this volume lacked something...I don't know what. But as you can tell from my fangirling that it as still good. 4.5/5

Full review to come.
Susan
Ren is still boring. And the fairies thing? I suppose Kyoko would believe in that given that she spontaneously generates demons, but it still seems a little naive for someone with her background.

I can't wait until she can ditch the Mio hairstyle.
Bethany
Amy Gideon
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Morgan
Daw, this one was sweet and had a lot of character growth. I liked it.
Kristin
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

In which Ren plays Katsuki for the president's acting test.
Shalene
My favorite manga series! Cute, witty, innocent, and downright hysterical. :)
Selena
Oh, Kyoko, Kyoko, Kyoko... This is why I love you so much. XD
Ice Ten Ten
Yuki
Aug 03, 2008 Yuki marked it as to-read
Lol. I want to read it but its not in the bookstores yet.
Kimber Jones
sweetest love but non love story ever
April
Feb 17, 2011 April rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
this series keeps getting better!
Kadie D♥
Already at volume 19!
Priscilla
I love this manga!!!!!!
Nadd
Loved it! <3<3<3
Starfiresky
Reread 5/31/2013
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 7 (Hana-Kimi, #7)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 9
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 12
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 (Skip Beat!, #12) Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 21