Start by marking “A Bush Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Bush Christmas

A Bush Christmas

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Jaime Hanrahan does not want anything to do Christmas this year.She's just been retrenched, and if that wasn't bad enough, this is her first Christmas without her beloved father Jack, who died last Boxing Day.Determined not to spend it with her mother, who has already remarried, and her friends, who still have six-figure jobs, she jumps at the chance to house-sit a mansion ...more
Published December 12th 2012 by Random House Australia (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Bush Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bush Christmas

Sharon
Dec 17, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Jamie Hanrahan loves the city life, but recently she has just lost her well paid job. She is told about a house sitting job by her manicurist and decides to give it a go. The house sitting job is in Burdekin's Gap a small country community. She first meets Stirling McEvoy who is the manager of the property. Stirling doesn't have a lot of time for city chicks as he's had problems with them in the past.
Jamie really had no idea about country life, but she was going to learn very quickly. At first s
Brenda
Arriving at the pub, the stop where the bus let her off, Jaime Hanrahan enquired as to how to get a taxi to Burdekin’s Gap. The scruffy looking bartender laughed at her, letting her know there were no taxis nearby, there was a storm coming, and if she wanted to get to Burdekin’s Gap, she needed to hitch a ride with the bikie who was currently getting ready to leave. Having never ridden on the back of a bike she thought was a Harley, she had no desire to start now. But with her choices being extr ...more
Sally906
Opening lines: ‘…There were three things in life Jaime Josephina Hanrahan couldn’t stand. Her name, public transport and musclebound men riding Harley-Davidsons. She couldn’t do much about the first, unfortunately. And the last two were currently in her line of vision.…’
You have a fair idea that you are going to enjoy a book when a non-romance reading friend of yours recommends it. She was right, I really enjoyed A BUSH CHRISTMAS.

Jaime is heading into the East Gippsland highlands region of the A
Bree T
Jaime Josephine Hanrahan is a city girl through and through. Unfortunately this city girl is a bit down on her luck recently having lost her job, her swanky South Bank flat, her company car and her iPhone and iPad. When her manicurist sets her up with a holiday job housesitting, Jaime visualises sunbaking in a bikini somewhere down on the Mornington Peninsula. What she gets is a little different.

Jaime dislikes her name, public transport and Harley Davidsons. When she arrives in Lake Grace (via p
Marcia
My first time reading a Christmas in Australia romance. I kept looking for the cold and snow but that didn't keep me from thoroughly enjoying this armchair trip to the bush. Looking forward to the sequel Rose River in April 2015 and hoping it will be available in the U.S.A. Best $0.04 I've ever spent on a book!

Opening Lines:
There were three things in life Jaime Josephina Hanrahan couldn't stand. Her name, public transport and musclebound men riding Harley-Davidsons. She couldn't do much about th
Joni
Dec 15, 2014 Joni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Brush Christmas

A delightful Aussie contemporary Christian love story. Jamie has just lost her job, she lost her father last Christmas, and now wants nothing to do with Christmas this year. She takes a job house-sitting a mansion in rural Burdekin's Gap. It is interesting to see how a simple thing as house-sitting changes everything!
Pamela
Nov 15, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really sweet

A really sweet Christmas romance, mixed with the sorrow of loss. Really well written and made me both laugh and cry. Can't wait to read the next book.
Melissa Schultz
Jul 05, 2014 Melissa Schultz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with this book! A beautiful, romantic, fun read!
Sue
Nov 19, 2014 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars would be best...a ho-hum romance that was a bit too predictable.
Susiekenzie
Entertaining, light and and an easy read.
Kathryn
I thought this might be a nice, light Christmas read to take me into the Christmas season, but unfortunately it wasn't what I was expecting. It was full of contradictions in the main character, of writing that resembled Mills and Boon/Harlequin novels (or what I can imagine they are like, given my admittedly limited exposure to them) and of characters who just didn't seem very plausible to me. I doubt if I'll be trying any more of Margareta Osborn's work.
Stephanie
Nov 20, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Even though this story is about Christmas (which I'm not a big fan of) this book was really good. Easy to read and love. A Bush Christmas is just what everyone on holidays or who are sick need to feel good about themselves and lives.

It was just the right length but then again, I wanted more.

I am definately going to be on the look out for more of Margareta Osborn's books.
Bettina
Dec 23, 2012 Bettina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, loved it, loved it!! The first page hooked me in and before I knew it, I had finished the book. The only complaint I have, is that the book isn't long enough!! When I was growing up on my farm, I didn't have hot looking cowboys as neighbours. So not fair! Can't wait until 2013, so I can read 'Hope's Road'.
Paula Clark
Dec 25, 2013 Paula Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little rural Aussie Christmas story. A quick and enjoyable read, however unlike other short stories, this was long enough to establish the characters and "bond" with them. The magic of Christmas always brings people together :)
Bec
Feb 16, 2013 Bec rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes what your running away from is exactly what you need.

This great Novella from Margareta is a fun read with Jamie trying to escape christmas by taking a house (and cat) sitting job in the bush but find there are some things you just can't escape from, and that's not always a bad thing.
Patty
Nov 17, 2015 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous read! The story pulled me in from the first page. I couldn't wait to find out, how the chemistry between Jamie and Sterling developed, and I even caught myself laughing a couple of times. A great book to relax with!
Jaye
Feb 24, 2013 Jaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light read with beautiful surrounds. Leaves you all warm and fuzzy.
Rachael Johns
A fun Christmas read. So Aussie :)
Angelita
Apr 09, 2013 Angelita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad story , but ended too soon
Jessica
Sep 10, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!
Chanpreet
Jan 17, 2013 Chanpreet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Renee Murden
Renee Murden marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Cat90210
Cat90210 marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
vicki zimmerman
vicki zimmerman rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Finding Fifth
Finding Fifth marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Something Old, So...: December 2013 - A Bush Christmas by Margareta Osborn 3 4 Dec 14, 2013 03:19PM