Start by marking “Not Good If Detached” as Want to Read:
Not Good If Detached

Not Good If Detached

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The secret of "abiding in Christ" is discovered in the difficulties of life, in total dependence on him, and in a consistent daily walk.
Published March 1st 1999 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Not Good If Detached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Good If Detached

Cami
Feb 27, 2009 Cami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like The Hiding Place, Christians
There is so much pure goodness in this woman.
Corrie Ten Boom was a concentration camp survivor and now (in this book) an itinerant preacher/motivational speaker. She was Dutch and a Christian. She and her family were imprisoned by the Nazis for harboring Jews. Ten Boom died at the age of 91 in 1983.
She went where the Lord sent her, found contacts that would allow her to speak to congregations, those in prison and other groups.
This book is set up as a daily devotional book with a beginning thou
Kathleen
I have loved Corrie for years, but had never read this book (thanks Preston!). She has been on my list for years of "people I want to meet in heaven". I am lifted by her powerful testimony and love for the Savior.
Shelley Otto
Another great read! I absolutely loved reading about Corrie and her life. She's an amazing lady, who writes from the heart. I loved reading about her journeys throughout the world. I loved how she tied John 15 and the vine into the stories of her missionary journeys, and I am admire that she did these journeys as a single woman. Corrie gives hopes and couraged to single women in the world. She did not let her singleness hinder her, and she relied on God to help her each and every day. This book ...more
Bekah
This was a delightful book about how we as Christians need to stay connected with the Vine, which is the Lord Jesus Christ. We are no good if we are 'detached' from Him!

A few of the stories I had already read in a couple of her previous books, but that didn't bother me at all and I enjoyed every chapter. Corrie ten Boom is definitely one of my favorite authors!
Jessica
This is totally a religious book--basically ten Boom's recounting of her works travels as a evangelical missionary. Her complete faith, humility, and courage was inspiring. I was interested in how my beliefs differ from hers, but loved how this book shows that true discipleship of Christ brings peace and joy regardless of your domination.
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Ninalyn
Ninalyn marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Tobing
Tobing marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Gerald Grisham
Gerald Grisham marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Naomi Ungry
Naomi Ungry marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Mrscarriemilesgmail.Com
Mrscarriemilesgmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Jewelie
Jewelie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Mindy
Mindy is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2015
Lutonia Spencer Hester
Lutonia Spencer Hester marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
S Jones
S Jones marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Kyle Jaeger
Kyle Jaeger marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Rachael Teel
Rachael Teel marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Cheryl Jetmore
Cheryl Jetmore marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Brenda Moser
Brenda Moser marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Becky Starkey
Becky Starkey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mony Crișan
Mony Crișan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Marie Fairbanks
Marie Fairbanks marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
  • Charismatic Chaos
  • What's So Amazing about Grace? Study Guide
  • To Live Again
  • The Five Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom
Corrie ten Boom and her family were Christians who were active in social work in their home town of Haarlem, the Netherlands. During the Nazi occupation, they chose to act out their faith through peaceful resistance to the Nazis by active participation in the Dutch underground. They were hiding, feeding and transporting Jews and underground members hunted by the Gestapo out of the country. It is e ...more
More about Corrie ten Boom...
The Hiding Place Tramp for the Lord In My Father's House Corrie Ten Boom's Prison Letters Amazing Love: True Stories of the Power of Forgiveness