Start by marking “Wild Borders (Wild, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wild Borders (Wild, #4)

Wild Borders (Wild #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After a bitter divorce, reporter Lani Stanton has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She's not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Lani meets Rick she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms and in his bed.

Intelligence Agent Rick McAllister is hot on the trail of a notorious smuggler when the sensual blond

Trade Paperback, 293 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Borders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Borders

Julie (jjmachshev)
A very well-written, if slightly predictable, and HOT love story by Cheyenne McCray. "Wild Borders" tell the story of Lani, a size 14 beauty who is a reporter. Lani finally dumped her verbally abusive hubby and is slowly regaining her confidence and joy in life...but she's sure not ready for a man, any man. When she heads for Arizona to do a story on illegal immigration, she meets Border Intel Agent Rick. He's a tall, scrumptious, yummy man who appreciates a woman with some meat on her bones. He ...more
Collette
Oct 24, 2008 Collette rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Hot Western Erotica fans
This is a story about a woman with low self-esteem that hooks up with a sexy cowboy who makes her feel beautiful again. The sex is very hot, the storyline predictable (hence the 4 not 5) and it was a fast read. McCray's Wild series is quite fun and don't tire reading them.
Auntee
Jun 15, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance with a SW atmosphere
Very happy with this one, in fact, my favorite of this series. Plenty of atmosphere and details of life in a Southwest border town (including a nice little history lesson about Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona), plenty of details and development of the characters, a mild dose of suspense, and most importantly--a sweet, sensual, steamy, sexy romance between two very likable characters.

Blonde, brown-eyed Lani Stanton is a 25 year old magazine writer from San Francisco. She's been divorced for 6 month
Kathrynn
Okay, but nothing special. Too many mundane details cluttered up the flow. Wild Borders had some mild suspense, but I'd already figured it out, so fizzled there for me. Some parts were very boring. Having said that, the characters were both excellent. They had good chemistry and some really hot sex--when that finally got started (almost 3/4 into the book).

Rick McAllister made my "hero heartthrob" shelf! He was almost too good to be true. Lani Stanton's character had to grow with the story, whil
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)
Wild Borders is the 4th book in McCray's Wild series. I've enjoyed the other three, but this one fell a little short. I thought the H/h had very good chemistry, but the plot was old, used, and predictable. It really detracted from the story.
Amanda
My favorite of the whole series by far...
Rick and Lani's story was great...it had me wondering how was behind everything and I will admit I was wrong about who was behind everything, though I did have the major players tagged from the get go. I just missed who they actually were behind the mask.
I kind of wish we would have gotten to see Rick beat James's ass...BUT that's okay that we didn't.
The Epilogue sets us up for the short story for Kev and Nichole and I'm intrigued to read their story.

I hi
Djg
I think I liked this one best of all the "Wild" books. It was longer than the other books in the series so it had a more developed plot.

Lani is a magazine writer researching a story on border/immigration in Arizona. Rick is a widowed border-patrol agent who lives with his adorable son and loving parents.

Rick is sweet and patient with Lani who left a verbally/emotional husband after 5 years of marriage. They do not just jump into bed, but make no mistake, the sexual tension is there whenever they
I loved the sexy grin and loveable personality Rick had and how much he love and wanted Lani even with "in her mind" all the imperfections she had. Only thing with this book was its really slow I got distracted by other things easily because it was so slow going (which is not like me) I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. I was totally shocked by who the bad guys were. I did not see that coming. Overall it's a good story just took a while getting to point.
Champongramen
So far, the best of this saga
Eli Paz
Eli Paz marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Christine Burke
Christine Burke marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kathy Hamill hilgendorf
Kathy Hamill hilgendorf marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ellen Shannon
Ellen Shannon marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Kim Wright
Kim Wright marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
NaiaraGarmen
NaiaraGarmen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Tina Watts
Tina Watts marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Roxann Redding
Roxann Redding marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
  • Calista's Men (Crime Tells, #3)
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • Bound by Desire
  • Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider
  • The Treasure (Malloy Family, #4)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Shameless Embraces (Bound Hearts, #6-7)
  • Erin's Fancy (Awakening Desires, #2)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Cheyenne grew up on a ranch in southeastern Arizona. She has been writing ever since she can remember, back to her kindergarten days when she penned her first poem. She always knew one day she would write novels, hoping her
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Wild (5 books)
  • Wildfire (Wild, #1)
  • Wildcat (Wild, #2)
  • Wildcard (Wild, #3)
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3) Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)