Start by marking “The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #2)

The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy #2)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  38 reviews

The super town of Superopolis is hiding a gigantic secret! Years ago, a young superhero named Meteor Boy mysteriously vanished during a dangerous mission. But what really happened to him?

Not only that!

There may be more to the Meteor Boy secret than anybody suspected! As Ordinary Boy begins to investigate, he discovers that nobody knows where Meteor Boy came from in t
Published February 27th 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Return of Meteor Boy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of Meteor Boy?

What a great read! We brought this book on spring break with us and my kids would ask for me to read it aloud all the time whenever we had waiting to do - for a restaurant, a bus, a show, whatever. They often prefer their DS or iPod for these times, but not when there was Ordinary Boy to be read aloud! My 7 year old would page through the book on his own and would beg me to read ahead even when his brother wasn't around. My 12 year old would read ahead on his own sometimes, too!

I won't give a su

This is a book for somebody that loves mystery and adventure books. All of the charasters in this book have superpowers only some have flying or strengh... but there is a boy who doesn't have superpowers. he is always waiting for them.

I think this book is really good because i like how the mystery is solved and nobody expected it. I think the author did a good job writting this book. this book takes place in a town named superopolis.
in this book a boy finds out how a old superhero disappeared in
Dila Sarikaya
This book made me jump up and down in my seat. I'm not sure why but it got me excited and I also smiled in the middle of this book. This book showed me that you can do whatever you want without a superpower...which, of course, noe of us humans have.
The book I read is called The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy: The Return of Meteor Boy? By: William Boniface. There is a big cast of main characters in this book. All of the main characters are superheros except Ordinary boy. In the Junior Leaguers, the team consists of Ordinary Boy, Plasma Girl, Stench, and Halogen Boy. All of these super heroes live in Superopolis. The main problem in my book is that a famous superhero named The Amazing Indostructo is trying to make money off of his ...more
Oct 31, 2007 Lucy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who wish they had superpowers
Shelves: kidlit, middlegrade
In Superopolis, the town where everyone has a superpower, Ordinary Boy is unique in his lack of powers. But that doesn’t stop him from being part of a team of young heroes: the Junior Leaguers. And now, the Junior Leaguers are on their toughest case of all. Who is Meteor Boy? Can they stop the obnoxious Amazing Indestructo from profiting from his memory? Why has a band of hippie supervillains been robbing Ordinary Boy’s uncle’s ice cream truck? And can Ordinary Boy pull off a science fair projec ...more
Noel Ahlers
So much fun!!!! My 11 year old son loved this entire series and couldn't wait until we would sit down each night to read. We just HAD to get to the library the next morning after we finished one to get the next. An 'ordinary' boy in a town of superheroes? What pre-teen can't relate to that. Fun for my son and fun for me. I loved reading it with him.
This second installment in the series is just as fun as the first! This one again contained some fun learning topics with explanations and examples in the subject of science that are tied expertly into the story. And it was so much fun to learn more about Ordinary Boy and Meteor Boy. The way their stories tie together is delightful.
I wasn’t that impressed with the first one, The Hero Revealed, but it was good enough that I read the second one. I thought The Return of Meteor Boy? had a stronger, more interesting plot and enjoyed it quite a bit. Ordinary Boy lives in Superopolis, a city where everyone is born with a super power. Well, everyone but him. But since most of the super powers are fairly worthless and most of the citizens are fairly dense, Ordinary Boy holds his own quite well and makes for a good protagonist. He d ...more
Nov 29, 2014 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: andy
Time travel! And some great surprises. The first book in the series was sloooow, but this was more fun.
Gina Weibel
Another fun book. I usually can predict the plot twists before they hit me, but somehow this one snuck up on me and I was pleasantly surprised to be surprised as things unfolded.

The only irksome plot element was when O.Boy was able to use a few household items to build a successful time machine. Sigh. He really loses his status as Ordinary after a stunt like that, and in my mind, makes it harder for us ordinary readers to relate to him. But I had such fun, I'm willing to let it slide.

The fightin
Ordinary Boy, the only resident of Superopolis without a super power, investigates the 25-year old disappearance of Meteor Boy, who vanished while battling arch-villain Brain Drain. Young fans of comic books and graphic novels should be intrigued by the cover art and captivated by the intelligent, clever story. Packed with action, humor, countless surprises and plot twists, and even a dose of scientific theory, this second title in the Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy series holds more g ...more
Zachary Levy
Great sequel to the first.
Feb 16, 2011 Chak rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids 10 and up.
Shelves: kid
This is the second book in the Ordinary Boy series. Just like the first book, "The Hero Revealed," the characters are very well-crafted, smart humor abounds and the plot is engaging. We loved the book. I don't want to give too much away, but because of complexities in the plot, I would highly recommend this book for ages 10 and up. I think it is fine for children 7-9, as long as you're willing to do a LOT of explaining and can deal with a bit of frustration in understanding what is going on.
Miguel Perrault
Amazing book can't wait to read the rest of the series
This was the first one of the series that I read- i accidentally picked up #2, not realizing, but it didn't matter- they are well written enough that you can pick up any of the series and you will completely understand what is going on. Such fun delightful reads.

I REALLY like the fact that the author clearly planned out this series BEFORE writing them. I love it!
Jennifer Priester
This book had some really good surprise twists in it and gets readers caught up with the events that took place in book one really well although it does take away all of the surprises if book one is read after this one rather than before, but I also feel that readers may feel compelled to read book one for more details on the events mentioned from the previous book.
Ordinary Boy and his friends are back, trying to fight a Super Villain with very little help from the most admired super-heroes. In fact, some of the super powers prevalent in OB's world sound more like freak-show attributes. The plot involves time travel, a giant meteor, dinosaurs, and, of course, potato chips.
Kevin Sabath
Ordinary boy is a book about how this kid has no powers at all. Everyone in his city though, has a superpower. This book is very intense with lots of action and mysterious adventures. To me, there is nothing wrong with this book, (considering it's my favorite book) and I would give it a 5 out of 5 stars rating.
Even smarter than book 1. I'm amazed by how funny, clever, and yes, smart this book was. The science was truly beyond me. But that's okay! I laughed so much while reading this, and there were a few surprises that I totally didn't see coming. I'm looking forward to book 3.
I really liked this book because of the comedy. I think that it is really cool because I LOVE Comedy books. I really like this book series because of the characters. In it there is time travel and flying and hilarious villainy, heros, and action.
Maggie R.
Quite a good sequel, and the first was enjoyable too. I would definitely recommend to kids about ten, I think. (It's a little hard to judge when so many of the kids I know seem to be reading way above their supposed levels.)
could OB possibly be meteor boy, and could meteor boy actually have no real power. well you'll have to read the book. this book kind of shows the collapse of superopolis, they have been hiding secrets and spreading lies.
Awesome book. Very exciting at every turn. I was surprised a lot of times during this book because of some unexpected events. If you like adventure and mystery, I'd say this book is for you.
Reading level 4.9

This sequel is fun, love the twist in the plot, still about ordinary boy and how he's trying to save the world. Very fun book, just as good as the first, maybe a little better.
Fun, and even better than the first (admitted weakness: I am a sucker for time-travel). Again, thanks to to Alexander for insisting I read this.
This book really makes you think. It was a little harder than the first book to follow but that is what made it fun.
An excellent sequel, retaining the wit of the original and continuing the protagonist's development.
Great series for kids. A humorous take on super heroes. Fun reading for kids and adults.
What a fun book with a total unexpected twist! My favorite in the series so far!
Bobby Dykeman
Awesome book, I cant belive thatm ordinary boy is really meteor boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Olivia Kidney and the Secret Beneath the City
  • Gilgamesh the Hero
  • Earthling!
  • Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware (Pals in Peril #3)
  • The Ghostwriter Secret (Brixton Brothers #2)
  • The Kid Who Became President (Kid President, #2)
  • The Hidden Boy
  • How to Grow Up and Rule the World, by Vordak the Incomprehensible (Vordak #1)
  • Fergus Crane (Far-Flung Adventures, #1)
  • I've Lost My Hippopotamus
  • Attack of the Growling Eyeballs
  • Troll Mill (Troll, #2)
  • Comfort
  • The Dragon's Lair (The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme, #3)
  • Crown of Earth (The Shield, Sword, and Crown, #3)
  • The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3)
  • The Runaway Mummy: A Petrifying Parody
  • Phineas L. MacGuire . . . Erupts!: The First Experiment
William Boniface may or may not exist. Ordinary Boy, after all, tells his own story. Mr. Boniface could simply be a creation of the publisher in order to fulfill the requirement that an author be listed on the cover of this book. Given that possibility, there is no harm in revealing that Mr. Boniface has lent his name to over two dozen far less wordy children's books that were also in need of an a ...more
More about William Boniface...

The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy (3 books)
  • The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1)
  • The Great Powers Outage (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #3)
The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1) The Great Powers Outage (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #3) Max the Minnow (Eyeball Animation!) Lights Out, Night's Out Mystery in Bugtown