Start by marking “Forecast” as Want to Read:
Forecast

Forecast (Shakespeare Sisters #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  47 reviews
The Shakespeare women were what the locals of Greenwich Village called “gifted.”

Mass Market Paperback, 306 pages
Published October 30th 2007 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Forecast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forecast

Karen
Sadie Forsythe
Well written but 100% predictable and full of far, far too many feel-goods for my taste. It's the sort of book where the heroine is an amazing Mary Sue that everyone except the single person who has to dislike her to create enough dissonance for a plot loves her. Then, once the necessary challenge has been presented and mastered the single bitch becomes mysteriously contrite, apologises and is instantly forgiven (because there can't be any lingering hard feelings apparently). Everyone, and I mea ...more
Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book)
Spellbinding!!!!! I loved this book! I could not put it down! I want to be a good witch or at least be friends with one...how cool would that be! Jane Tara did a phenomenal job of getting the reader lost in the magical place of New York City!

The Shakespeare women have been using their powers for generations. Now there are only a few of the women left. Rowie Shakespeare is the lucky one that is destine to carry on the family business, or at least that is what her Grandmother tells her.

Rowie has
Lisa Chung
Forecast

Romance novels have always been entertaining and capture the readers in anticipation. Forecast by Jane Tara is not classified as the best romance novel people may have read; however, it is a very heart warming novel. Forecast is a magnificent novel put together in a very striking way because of the well created characters, the realistic plots and the attention- grabber theme of the book.

Jane Tara creates her characters in a beautiful way with outstanding features. All the characters i
Shree

Sure, Rowie’s predictions were helpful for forecasting the weather or finding someone’s lost grandkid. But when it came to love, her abilities were more like a curse. Why bother dating a guy if you knew at the first kiss he was destined for some blonde from New Jersey? Nope, Rowie was much happier bringing together the people she knew were a perfect match. Until the day she kissed the man whose future she couldn’t fo
Christopher Everest
So the rationalisation began : I had to read a book with the name "Jane" in the author/title wording. Considered Ms Austen but I'd been there and done that, and anyway a new author is good for me and seems to be a central credo of the SRC. Calamity Jayne had a Y in it so she was out. Trying to find something out of my usual buckswashlingreading so I did my usual and title-searched for a literary name and an author with a Jane attached to her. Found it - Shakespeare / Jane Tara: I started off dub ...more

Forecast was a cute read. I enjoyed the main characters and it was just fun.

Rowie is psychic just like the rest of the women in her family. She helps her grandmother run their store, though she wants more from her life. She doesn't want to be stuck there forever, something her grandmother doesn't understand. Her mother has always had her head in the clouds a bit and never got over her father (who her mother had only spent one night with and never saw again). Rowie's talents are differen
Jessi
This book would have easily earned four stars if the spelling mistakes had not been so gosh-darn numerous and taken me out of the story at least once a chapter.
I didn't expect to enjoy this Free Friday Nook book but I did. It was more chick-lit than romance but still fun.
Rowie Shakespeare is descended from the great-aunt of the Shakespeare. Her family has always been witches, blessed with psychic powers. Hers happen to come in the form of being able to predict the weather. Well, that and seeing
Victoria Pond
This was such an adorable concept: psychic who correctly predicts the weather becomes the weather forecaster for a local news channel.

The novel's two weaknesses:
1) The romance plot was... lacking. The "boyfriend to be" is introduced as a horrible sleaze, and the sex scenes are an unfulfilling few paragraphs apiece.

2) The pacing would have improved if the author had skipped a lot of expository backstory.

That said, I loved the characters (e.g., our heroine's grandmother hangs out with the spirit
Danielle
This book was just okay. It had its annoying main male character, who recklessly throws away his chance at true love for his job. A main female character with psychic abilities that disappears whenever she is near her true love. Really now!!! How passe, a woman who is weakened because of her love of a man.
Cathy
This was the first time I’ve read a book from Jane Tara. “Forecast” is one of your typical kind hearted feel-good romance. It is a paranormal romance, with lots of magic and some glimpses of paganism.
The characters were likable. It’s actually pretty hard to dislike one of them, because the author tries to give the perspectives of every main and secondary character. So you can easily empathise with each and every one of them.
The plot is easy to follow and is very predictable. There was no twist
Emma
I am not a huge fan of chick lit but I really enjoyed reading this book. It has characters that you care about and a story that zips along at a fair pace.
C. Erani Kole
4.5 STARS

This book was AMAZING! The start and middle was crazy good with drama, humor, love, family and lust, but the ending was so- sudden and weird for me. The way she just accepted what he did without telling him off or setting him straight just didn't do it for me, which is why there's a star missing on this rating. I feel like she forgave him WAY too easy.

Otherwise, it was free on Amazon at the time and just GREAT. The magic, different POVs and reality-based story was entertaining for me an
Sarah Wade
this book surprised me. I'm not at all into witchcraft or anything remotely resembling it. so I was nervous about it and almost stopped reading...but I'm glad I didn't. yes, the main characters are witches, but in a 'super weird/ creepy' way (think Harry Potter). this ended up being a sweet love story that I enjoyed reading. as the story progressed, the witch stuff went on the back burner. there were a few scenes that were a bit to graphic for my liking, so I took off a star there. but I did lik ...more
Sally906
I scored an review copy of Jane Tara’s second book, Trouble Brewing, from Momentum Books and decided I had better get my hands on the first in the series – FORECAST. I am so glad I did – what a wonderful feel good romance it is. The hero is a bad boy – a love them and leave them type of guy – but ready to find ‘the one’, he is a scientist and deals with what is known to predict what could be. Rowie (Rowan) is also looking for ‘the one’ but she is not scientific, the elements tell her what is goi ...more
Linda
I have to agree with Karen's review, this is a light contemporary romance. I didn't love it but I enjoyed it for an entertaining afternoon. A no-brainer, it is a romance that doesn't require the reader to think too much.

Our hero Drew is somewhat of a jerk at the beginning of the book. A professional weatherman, he takes his job seriously. He is injured early on and while recuperating he has time to think about his life. His personality gets better as the story moves forward.

Involved with a busi
Steph McVicker
Attention all authors & editors...LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BREATHE AND BREATH! Spellcheck will not carch this! You must actually read your book!! Am I the only one w/ this pet peeve?!?

Other than that annoying detail, Forecast was a cute book w/ a fun premise: Rowie Shakespeare can forecast the weather (among other things) and comes from a long line of intuitive women with various mystical abilities. Rowie's penchant for weather accuracy propels her into the weather woman spot on TV, pla
Mad about
Fun light hearted fantasy with romance, drama and magic. It is very chick lit but extremely enjoyable and abit different from others i've read in this genre.

Rowie is a witch, not just any witch mind you but one of the famous Shakespeare witches of old that were hunted during the witch trials. There are only 3 in America, Rowie, her mother and grandmother. All put their gifts to good use and run Second Sight as tradition has had it.

Rowie's young though and knows her true love is out there somewhe
Debbie
This is a light funny romance about three generations of Shakespeare women who have magical talents. Rowena can unfailingly predict the weather, and gets a job as a TV weatherman when the station needs a temporary replacement. Her other gift is in her kiss - one kiss will tell her who a man is destined to be with, and so far, none have been destined for her. Will she find her one true love? Rowena's mother and grandmother also add their own bits of magic to the story.
De Jr.
By: Author Jane Tara

Wittingly Whimsical and Magically Romantic…..

I was set off on a journey of magic at its best. Let’s just say that I enjoyed each and every magical page. I was pleasantly surprised as I devoured and every page. Author Jane Tara weaved a wonderfully romantic and stirringly eclectic web of characters throughout each and every chapter, to build a fabulous and delicious read.

If a truly touching and a magical read is what you love? Then this is the read for you. And if you
Elisha Ruzgal
Wow. I wasn't expecting that.

Do not judge a book by its cover, title, author, or description. I've never heard of this author before, I was doubtful over the title, and only curious about the description and not really expecting anything high for this to avoid disappointment. But I love it.

I just hope it had a better editor. There were errors but were easy to ignore. But without them, it would be more fun to read. It wasn't really a turn off though.

At the beginning, I thought I'd get bored. But
Joanne
4.5*
Forecast, the first Shakespeare sister Series tells the story of three generation of Shakespeare women, and their gifted ability to predict the weather forecast, power of healing, and predict the future, and men, love and life that they, seperetly going to experience.
It is a good lite read with predictable happy ending story. But its fun, humour, and life and love at it's best..
Cici
This was a modern day romance of a witch and a weatherman. The witch, a beautiful vibrant redhead. The weatherman, a young good looking playboy. They make magic. Too graphic at times.
NorthernLightsLin
WOuld get four starts if not for the annoying homonym errors - grabbing somebody's foot and running your finger down the soul, or being naked from the waste up? Sloppy.
B.E.
Eh, it was pretty good. There were very specific parts I didn't enjoy, though, so I probably won't be looking for the rest of this series. Personal preference and all that. The story carried this to four stars, though.
Heather
Started off okay but I found the characters annoying after awhile and just ended up skipping sections. Too predictable and not enough development...
Dhivya Balaji
A feel good sort of book... Roadmance at its finest!

Seeing the not only the past but also the future of every man at their first kiss should be a blessing, and avoid unnecessary hassles! but to this weather predicting Shakespeare woman, it is a curse because she is nearing thirty and is yet to find a true love!

The plot of finding her true love, whom she can't read is quite good and intriguing, and so is the way the story is built.

Human emotions and love at all ages are concepts that will stir t
Amanda Bridgeman
This is a fun contemporary romance that I really enjoyed. Great characters and a story that I think would make for a great romantic comedy film. I'll be adding the follow up - Trouble Brewing to my TBR pile too.
Emma
3.5 stars. This is a light, fun read for a rainy day.
Jackie
Not a paranormal...it is a freakin romance....yuck
  • One Little White Lie
  • Nobody But Him
  • Outback Dreams
  • Nefarious Doings (Nell Forrest Mystery, #1)
  • The Bark Cutters (Gordon, #1)
  • Freed by You
  • Ellie's Wolf (After the Crash, #5)
  • Web of Deceit
  • Beautiful Force
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2)
  • The Hazards of Hunting While Heartbroken
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller, #1)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Shoe Strings
  • The Damnation Affair (Bannon & Clare, #1.5)
  • Lost In Kakadu
I write romantic comedies, with a dash of magic and a huge helping of fabulous international settings.

FORECAST
TROUBLE BREWING
HAMLET'S GHOST
THE HAPPY ENDINGS BOOK CLUB

They are all published by Momentum Books (Pan Macmillan Australia). All the books connect, but can be read in any order, as each stands alone.

I'm also the director of ITCHEE FEET, a children's travel publisher. I'm an avid travelle
More about Jane Tara...
The Happy Endings Book Club Trouble Brewing (Shakespeare Sisters, #2) Hamlet's Ghost (Shakespeare Sisters, #3) Around the World in 80 Ways: 80 fun things to do with little travellers on long trips Australia: Lasseter's Lost Gold (Bella and Burton's MisAdventures)