Start by marking “Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues, #3)” as Want to Read:
Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues, #3)

Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,696 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Faced with the love of her life waiting at the altar, thrill-seeking adventure guide Taylor Hannah lost her nerve and ran. Three years later, the gutsy blonde is back in Richmond to reclaim handsome Rogues pitcher Brek Stryker before he makes another trip down the aisle. From dressing as a giant baseball to pummeling the other team's mouthy mascot, this former fiancee is p ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 259 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Love Spell (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Strike Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strike Zone

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
40th out of 442 books — 1,046 voters
Binding Arbitration by Elizabeth MarxTaking Shots by Toni AleoThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonDaddy's Game by Normandie AllemanTrying to Score by Toni Aleo
Romance with hero/heroine are athletes
39th out of 269 books — 468 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Sep 25, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance with a sports theme
This is book #3 in the Richmond Rogues MLB series, and it's another winner.

There's two stories told in this one. The main story is about future Hall-of-Fame pitcher Brek Stryker (where does the author come up with these strange names?) and the woman who abandoned him at the altar three years ago, thrill seeking, 'adrenaline junkie' adventure guide Taylor Hannah. Taylor, whose nickname is "Fearless" is the free-spirit daughter of adventurer parents, and when they were killed in a plane crash, her
Arch
This was my first read by Kate Angell. My first sport romance book. I'm giving the story three stars, because I like the secondary story. The secondary hero, Sloan was more interested to me than the main hero Brek.

Both men are baseball players. Brek is the captain of the team. The pitcher. He was engaged to the main heroine - Taylor, but she broke his heart, when she left him at the altar on their wedding day. She was dealing with an issue that she put before the man that she claimed to love. T
Jane Stewart
Ok but not as enjoyable as the others in the series. It’s light and has some fun parts.

STORY BRIEF:
This is the third book in the series about the Richmond Rogues baseball players. This book has two interspersed short stories about two baseball players (pitchers) and the women in their lives.

Three years earlier Taylor and Brek were engaged. After her parents died in a plane crash, Taylor was emotionally messed up. She ran away from Brek on the day of their wedding. Since then Taylor has traveled
Christina Montminy
was a good story, at first I thought Kason was a real jerk & Dayne was an air head but as the story went on I changed my mind & ended up liking the characters. Kason & Dayne are thrown together when she breaks into his double wide trailer while he's away at training camp. Claiming squatters rights Dayne won't leave his trailer but eventually brings in her own small trailer(given to her by her boss) to live on Kason's land, not that she knows it's his..she thinks he's poor & squat ...more
Lady Lioness
I have a weakness for the trope of celebrity hero falls for ordinary Jane heroine. These days, that's most commonly found in sport romances, where the hero is some superstar athlete. Kate Angell specializes in baseball romances.

Strike Zone is the third in Angell's Richmond Rogues series. Somehow I missed this one when it first came out and I picked it up from the library the other day. Angell is unique in that she seems incapable of just writing about one heroine and one hero, and the duality o
Trang Nguyen
This book was enjoyable and just okay for me. I think I was slightly turned off when Angell discussed baseball in detail (2 to 3 pages of just pure baseball.) Maybe if I was more into this particular sport I could have enjoyed this book more. The story between Sloan and Eve was more enjoyable then the main couple, Brek and Taylor.

Taylor a free spirited dare devil left poor Brek at the alter three years ago and just recently found out he is newly engaged. Taylor is devastated with the news and d
Tracy
~* 3.5 Stars *~
Three years ago, the grief from her parents' sudden death and the inability to settle down just months after their loss forced Taylor Hannah to drastic action. She left Brek Stryker at the alter and raced across the planet to thrust herself into any and every extreme sport and test of endurance, strength, and courage she could. Since then Taylor "Fearless" Hannah has been the adventurous side of Thrill Seekers, the business she owns with her sister, Eve, and she leads extreme dare
Connie
STRIKE ZONE BY KATE ANGELL is 259 pages long and this book was one I had on my Kindle. It is #3 in The Richmond Rogues Series and Boys Of Summer Series.

This was a cute story about the Hannah sisters. One was a thrill seeker and the other was the administrative person who ran the thrill seeker office. Taylor is the one that goes all over the world and jumps off mountains hang gliding and riding the rapids, while Eve is running the business back in Richmond. Taylor was engaged to Bret Stryker but
Elisha Ruzgal
Mmm... Maybe my favorite one so far. Because of Eve and Sloan.

I didn't know how the author could pull Taylor and Brek together, after that much hurt on both sides. But glad it worked and everything was pretty much resolved that I didn't go through the usual feeling of "how could he/she just take him/her back after everything he/she did?"

I just have one complaint though... Later on in these stories, the guys go soft and start wanting marriage and children and it's sweet and cute but woah there...
Tin
The blurb teased about Brek and Taylor's love story, but it felt like the book explored Sloan and Eve's relationship more, which is okay, i guess, since their courtship provided enough excitement for both couples.

Very much like Squeeze Play's Aaron and Natalie, Strike Zone could have used less Hilary and Stuart moments, coz they're gone anyway, halfway through the book. I just wish Brek and Hilary's broken engagement had a little more drama, and not just wrapped up too quickly, just so Brek and
Amelia Fransiska
O.M.G
ni nvl lgsung jd slh satu favorit gw di genre sports romance.. :D
i really really loved it!

Mule dr Ch.1 ampe ch trakhir perut gw ky ada kupu2 githu...

Brek-Taylor
CLBK!
Critanya si Taylor ninggalin Brek di altar, mmm tepatnya Taylor gak nongol di gereja..
3taon kemudian Taylor dpt kabar Brek udah tunangan n Taylor mutusin saatnya dia brdamai dgn masa lalu.
So dia balik ke Richmond n minta maaf ke Brek...
Brek di lain pihak gak pengen berurusan dgn Taylor lg...
Tay nyogok charlie-maskot Rogues, next
Marian Shannon
For the simple reason that I wasn't able to put this book down and was able to finish it right away, I'm giving it 5 stars.
Danni
Borrowed book. Eve is funny. I liked her.
Annette

I have really enjoyed this series and with this she delivered more of the same.
I'm sure everyone has formulas for rating books a five.
My own is pretty simple, if the book holds my attention and I read straight thru( no skimming paragraphs or worse pages)
Then in my thinking you deserve a 5, since I am VERY easily distracted and even easier shut down when reading a book--bore me and I just shut the book.

Kate Angell's Richmond rogues characters are funny, real and their stories entertaining.
Dee Haddrill
Kate Angell is fast becoming a big favourite of mine. Having had very little to do with Brek Stryker or Sloan McCaffrey in previous books, I started this book kind of annoyed that they get a whole book to themselves, when Psycho, Romeo and Chaser had to share. But once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. I love how Ms Angell writes her male characters and the women are always cool too. Definitely in line to read the next one. Sweet romances, hot sex and great banter make this a great read!
Amanda
This wasn't my favorite , I mean I liked it, and it did some very funny bits but all in all it was like the first two books. I truly can't say much because I didn't like how the story started with the two main characters. I'm not a big fan of ex's because its sadly true ex's should stay ex's. I wish I could say more but I don't have more to say. But still for the funny moments and some shocking moments its worth reading.
Rolyn
At the risk of repeating myself, I really do not have an active imagination. So I cannot imagine what happened in and out of the field that was described in so many details. So there. And I liked the side story more than the main one. The ending was, of course, as expected. But I needed a breather from the Sheldon book that I was reading, so this book fit the bill.
Ashley (mac&chip)
The first book ("Squeeze Play") is definitely my favorite in the series, but this book was still cute.

I thought Kate Angell did a better job in this book than in "Curveball." In that book, there was too much story and too many characters – so everything jumped around. In this book, she focused on just 2 of the pitchers and their relationship.
Zoe
This series is an easy read, but what always impresses me with these books is that Angell writes a secondary romance that is as good or even better than the first. She tosses a few industry rules and sometimes give you several shapters at a time with just your secodary characters, but this really helps you get to know them. Well done!
Angie
Je déteste les tatoos, mais pour changer, ceux de chaque joueur des Rogues paraissent du coup appétissants car plutôt évocateurs. Miam! Original ce petit rituel de se faire tatouer la région de l'aine quand on à un corps de dieu grec... Hum! Bon ben on en découvre 2 nouveaux cette fois. Vivement les prochains. ^^
Carrie
I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as the first two in the series. Somehow the motivations of the main couple, Brek and Taylor, weren't as clear to me as I'd have liked. I enjoyed the secondary romance more. The book is definitely worth reading if you've enjoyed the first two, but not as strong a storyline.
Judi
I started with this book in the series as it was the only one in stock at the book store. Sports themed stories are one of my favorites and this one didn't disappoint. I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my next book order including her newest book Sliding Home.
Tynanz
The story started off slow and sort of depressing, but the pace picked up and the chemistry between Sloan and Eve filled in quite nicely. Brek and Taylor just seemed to super human and super blind to make their store acceptable, if not believable.
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
This was okay but I didn't like the whole storyline with the Mayor's daughter and her whole scam. The rest of the book was a bit flat as well but the abundance of cute dogs at the end won it an extra half a star.
Holly
If you liked the first two then you will like this third book in the series. Although predictable and sappy it was still fun and made me smile and a couple times laugh. This is a cute, fun series.
Nicole Jade
Cute story, usual romance template. Surprised 2 romances were put in play and oddly the second had more focus. I'll probably read this whole series. Won't lie, I enjoyed it and it's humorous bits.
Abbie
This is a good book but I admit there is just too much sex in it for my liking. Its too bad because the writer is really good but I am trying to get away from books with so much sex.
Elana

Not as good as book 2. They typos are unacceptable and frustrating. It's too bad because the storyline is cute. I'm still deciding on whether or not to read the 4th book.
Shelly
I did not enjoy this story or the characters as much as others in the series. Read it if you want the continuity of the series, but I personally did not care for the heroine.
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
  • Line of Scrimmage
  • Game for Seduction (Bad Boys of Football, #2)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Hard and Fast
  • Face-Off
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
I live in Beautiful Naples on the Gulf of Mexico, Florida. I love the sunshine, as well as the seasonal summer thunderstorms. I'm a morning person. I enjoy brunch. I'm an animal lover and avid reader. I laugh a lot. My birthday's in March, I'm an Aries. My favorite color is purple. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I can read Tarot Cards. My office has lots of plants: bamboo, Elephant Ear, and ...more
More about Kate Angell...
Squeeze Play (Richmond Rogues, #1) Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2) Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4) Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5) No Tan Lines

“I like when you look at me like you can’t figure me out. You’re considering getting to know me, but you’re not sure I’m worth your time.” 14 likes