Start by marking “Twisted” as Want to Read:
Twisted

Twisted (Celeste Styles #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  532 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Celeste Styles is starting over. After losinghercherished salonin a suspicious fire,she has finally left her adulterous relationship and her drama-filled life in Brooklynfor the peace and tranquility of Atlanta, Georgia. But when Rah-Lo heads down southafterdeciding to leave his wife Asia, Celeste is floored and isn't quite sure if she wants to rekindle their affair. Meanw ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published May 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted

G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese Thompson
Best Urban Fiction
50th out of 176 books — 295 voters
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahPush by SapphireTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsB-More Careful by Shannon HolmesThe Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X
Good Urban Literature
33rd out of 142 books — 225 voters

More lists with this book...

*~CONN!3~
Awesome read, loved it. T. Brown is one of my fav authors, 4ever a fan
Carhyne
This book shows different perspectives on living the life of a hustler. It shows how different people deal with love, life and death. In this book there Isa combination of losing love and gaining confidence. In his book rah-lo and Ishmael have beenfriends for yearsandtheybecamebigtime hustlers togethers. Ishmael had to deal with losinghisgood fornothing sisterthat playedwith too manyhearts.andrahlo has been in relationship with the wrong person for years just to keep his kids happy, but he has j ...more
Eva Leger
Tracy Brown is hands down the best female urban fiction author. Hands down. So many people have told me and I see in other reviews that White Lines is her best and if it's better than this and the others I've read I simply can't wait.
Brown is much like Dwayne S. Joseph in that they both blow the lines off the genre. Neither are 'only' urban fiction authors. Both write books that can be read by non-urban fiction readers. And both are the best in the game IMO.
I don't think this has to be read aft
Sherrall
Twisted was filled with drama, betrayal, lies and deceit. Some of the women in this book were just plain ole stupid and really needed a reality check. The sad thing is there are women who behave like this in everyday life. I really enjoyed this book and I hope Ms. Brown keeps up the good work!!! the ending had me sad then happy !
A1
I really enjoyed this book, I just found out that this is a series and there is a book prior to this one.
This book was filled with drama and it actually opened my eyes to just how trifling women can really be. I sympathized with Rah-lo, I really connected with him... Asia was doing too much and for her to think that he was gonna continue to deal with her and her antics, she was delusional. I never had a ounce of sympathy for Ishmael he was a snake from the beginning. I was just mad it took Rah-
Simone
Such a great book, like all of her books Tracy Brown will not disappoint you. Rah-Lo's love for Celeste was amazing and this was just such a great book to read.
Shanae
A really great street lit novel. I have enjoyed every novel I've read by Tracy A. Brown. I believe she's a fabulous writer, changing the face of urban/street lit. Unlike her contemporaries, Brown really develops her characters. For example, they're complex characters in whom I'm certain most readers can at least see glimpses of themselves. If you're looking to "experience" street lit without losing the "lit," then I completely recommend Brown's novels. You won't be disappointed.
Blkjewelz
Ms. Brown did not disappoint me with this book. This is the second book I have read by her. She is a dynamic writer and now I will include her with my top four best writers.

This is definitely a page turner. I picked this book up from the library on Saturday and am finished (Sunday). Her characters are so alive, they come right off the pages into your own life. They have you fussing and talking back to the book.

A definite best seller and MUST READ.
Ilene
This book was such a page turner for me!! i liked Dimepiece but twisted was better simply because there were some serious life lessons taught in this book. THe plot was interesting and i am definately a big fan of Tracy Brown now.I just wish she didn't kill my favorite character :(
Ruby
Feb 26, 2009 Ruby rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes
This is a great book, I really enjoyed it. Tracy Brown is author that is now one of my favorites. And you could probably read this book without reading the prequel "Dime Piece",that how good of an author she is. She's able to explain each characters' past and there point-of-view so well.
Spartanburg
Sneak Peak: After losing her hair salon in a suspicious fire, Celeste Styles is determined to leave behind her continual quest for a strong male presence in her life and leave her married lover, drug kingpin Rah-lo, for a new life in Atlanta, Georgia. (Novelist)
Desiree Watson
Celeste Styles was the owner of Dime Piece, a Brooklyn salon. After her boyfriend cheated with one of her friends and her shop burned down, she left and moved to Atlanta. This is about her boyfriend trying to find her and make amends.
I read this book in 2010
Rachel
Great book. interesting spin on marital relationship and cheating. The mistress finally walks away and moves on with her life. Celeste leaving forced Rah -lo to deal with the issues in his marriage. Never thought Ishmael would die
Angelia
This is the thrid story that I have read by Ms. Brown....White Lines being the first...Didn't know that this was a sequel to Dime Piece....Twisted wrapped up the story pretty nicely....GREAT job Ms. Brown....

Keyona
Oct 30, 2008 Keyona rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Urban Lit readers
This book was so good.I couldn't focus on anything else but this book. I began sneaking in a page or two while at my desk lol. It's not as good as White Lines though but a very good attempt.
Yvette
I love Tracy Brown. She tells urban stories with so much style. She pulls you in from the very first page and you're held until the very last page. She is a VERY talented writer! I loved this book!
CocoChanel (UnCens*red)
I actually really enjoyed the ending of this one. I hate that it was the end for certain characters, but I am glad that Celeste got what she deserved and Rah-lo got a second chance.
Sheila
I'm currently reading this book. I love this author, she's really good, I look forward to anything she writes. I'm just about finished this book. But so far it's really good.
Shannon
This was definitely some twisted shit! But it was a good read.
Vibrant  Kesh
THIS WAS A STORY!!! Love , Trials , Secrets... Celeste held on for years in the background and Raheem made it out of the game.. Their lives were quite TWISTED..
Nikki
I love this book Tracy Brown is moving up on my favorite Author list.I love this read. I probably should get Dime piece. the prequel
Felicia A
It was definitely no White Lines, but it was good, and was a lot better than Dime Piece.
Butterfly02148
I loved Dime Piece I think Twisted wasnt necessary, Tracy was just reaching.
Patricia Gilliam
A little slow, especially after i read "White Lines", i was expecting more.....
Kim
I enjoyed Dime Piece much better than Twisted.
Philly
I bit slow until the last couple of chapters.
Raven  Watkins
Very good book; recommend for everyone!
Shizz
I expected more from Tracy Brown
Allyson
I didn't like this one :-(
  • Flirt
  • Shameless Hoodwives
  • Mina's Joint
  • A Hustler's Son (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • In Cahootz: Sequel to Hoodwinked
  • Crack Head (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Dirty Money (Dirty Money, #2)
  • Working Girls (Flint, #2)
  • A Project Chick
  • Secret Society (Secret Society, #1)
  • Death Before Dishonor
  • Groove
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Damaged
3522086
I am a storyteller, a painter of words, a writer who genuinely loves my craft.
More about Tracy Brown...
White Lines Snapped Black: Triple Crown Publications Presents Dime Piece (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Aftermath