Start by marking “The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales (Usbourne Farmyard Tales)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales (Usbourne Farmyard Tales)

The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales (Usbourne Farmyard Tales)

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Ages 2+
This delightful book contains all 20 of the popular Farmyard Tales stories. Young children will love Stephen Cartwright's charming illustrations of life on Apple Tree Farm, and the gently amusing stories of Mrs. Boot, the farmer, her children Poppy and Sam, and their animals, Rusty the dog, Curly the pig and Woolly the sheep.
Published June 30th 2004 by Usborne Pub Ltd (first published March 27th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales

Anna Garland
This book comprises of a series of delightful short stories about the exciting adventures of various farmyard animals. Written in the 3rd person narrative, and taking on a much more descriptive tone, the stories open up the young reader’s eyes to a range of vocabulary specific to its farmyard setting, as well as building on other skills such as counting and colours.

Each story is no more than 9 pages long with a maximum of three short sentences per page, ensuring an easy read for the younger rea
Andrea
Dec 28, 2007 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: babies/toddlers, elementary
This book is excellent. It comes with a CD for read along. More than that, it is a Combined Volume with 20 of the Farmyard Tales books. Each book has two separate versions which may be read independently or as a longer story. The version at the top of the page is a simple sentence version of the book and is approximately a first grade reading level. The version at the bottom of the page is a more complicated and detailed version of the book and is approximately a second or third grade reading le ...more
Joimson
We have the box set of these books they are read every bedtime with our youngest child aged 2 and up. Each page has a short sentence at the top followed by two or more descriptive sentences below. It's up to the reader if you want to read the whole page or not because you can easily follow the story using just the short sentence and the illustrations. Each page has a full colour illustration and a 'hidden' surprise a little yellow duck to find. This encourages the children to explore the pages a ...more
Leah
Mar 24, 2015 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Very Young Children/Toddlers
Recommended to Leah by: My Mother - Jacqueline Mitchell
Shelves: childrens
This book does so well for the age-group it is aimed for. I learnt to read through these books and I loved them so much that mum even cross-stitched a blanket to have the farm on the front! Aparently I used to curl up on the blanket and read them over and over!

Learning to read with thses books has probably made me quite bias towards them but none the less, they were wonderful little stories. They are perfect to read to young children and to teach them to read with, they were simply well-done for
Ruby Tuesday
This is a beautiful book to give to a young child as a gift. I originally bought this for my eldest but its's now enjoyed by his little brother. It has beautiful illustrations, and the rural scenes at Apple Tree Farm are just magical. One of the first things my 2 year old asks for in the morning is for me to read to him "Poppy and Sam", the two main characters and also the last thing at night. His favourite is when the Barn is on fire but it turns out its some campers behind the Barn frying saus ...more
Kathy
This treasury has 20 stories in it - all with the same characters: Poppy and Sam, who live on a Farm. The animals all have names so they become like friends (My favorite "Naughty Wooly"). My daughter has had this book since she was 1 1/2 and the past few weeks has requested this book every night. First she looks at the map of Apple Tree Farm in the beginning of the book (train station, neighbor's, school, sheep field, etc) and we reference the map when we're reading the stories. Good, innocent c ...more
Julene Barder
Delightful little stories. Perfect for the pre-reader all the way to the newly fluent reader. My kids' all time favorite book!
Stephanie Grassie
I absolutely love how this book offers different reading levels all in one book! When reading to my 2 year old niece I just read the top line and it holds her attention perfectly. When reading with my 6 year old niece we read all of the text and have fun searching the photos. The 2 year old also loves reading it herself as the photos are quite descriptive of the story. I love the stories because they also teach fantastic lessons! It is a win for everyone!
Karen
Aug 11, 2014 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids
This has cute short stories in it that my kids love. It is an Usborne book with a padded cover, and a ribbon for a bookmark. We read a story every day for quiet time, and this one has been the choice for a few weeks now.

The text is split into two parts. You can read only the text at the top of the page for tiny ones, or add more to the story with the text at the bottom of the page. I love that! We bought ours used and the CD was missing, so I can't review that part.

Rae
A favorite of my three year old. I love the use of manners in all the stories. I also love the find the duck on every page and the CD. The voice on the cd is a lovely warm voice and an English accent! the book has approximately 20 stories that have a repetitive rhythm and are easy for children to comprehend. I can see this title being excellent for teaching 1 or 2 yr olds their farm animals.
Diana
I think this book is one of the best values for children's books that you could possibly buy. Buy it for a younger child 2-4 and they will enjoy the fun stories with wonderful pictures Or get it for a K-2 whose learning to read. It has two levels of text for early readers or short attention spans! It's awesome.
Kim Ford
For boys and girls, this is just great to read to, and then once they are old enough, to have them start reading. They are fun stories with the same family of characters and they have been favorites of my boys for quite a while. So, they are children's books that last a while!
Norah
This is my favorite book in the universe! I "read" it by myself every single day. I ask my mom and dad to read it several times a day. I play the CD all day long while I play. Mommy thinks the stories are kinda lame but I love them so much she reads them anyway.
Shelly Koressel
This is a book that is filled with around 20 farmyard tales. It comes with a CD so it is good for preschool and above to help finger point and finger read. This is a good book to start out for first time readers. Great Book!
Brittney
This book has 20 Farmyard Tales. It has a variety of different events that happen on the farm. This would be a good book to read to a whole class during reading time.
Janae
Adorable illustrations, simple text, repetitive prose for the early reader.
Gary
One of John's favorites. Lots of stories in here.
Janele
My kids love these stories! Find the duck on every page!
auRattcha
There's a little yellow duck to find every page.
Shauna
A daily read at my house
PWRL
Jun 19, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Rhema
Rhema is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2015
Pink
Pink marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Paula
Paula added it
May 13, 2015
Laura Rincón
Laura Rincón marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
UEL PGCE group 20...: Anna's Review 1 3 9 Sep 06, 2011 04:31PM
Greek Myths For Young Children Stories from Around the World The Usborne Book of Fairy Tales First Thousand Words in English The Usborne Book Of Princess Stories (First Stories)