Start by marking “Monkey High!, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Monkey High!, Vol. 3

Monkey High!, Vol. 3 (Monkey High! #3)

• Shouko Akira is also the author of Times Two (a collection of five love stories), published by VIZ Media.
• Betsucomi style art (rosy cheeks, cute, clean art) will appeal to Betsucomi enthusiasts
• Previewed and promoted in VIZ Media’s Shojo Beat magazine.
• Parents will love this squeaky-clean romance story. Think Archie Digests, or Saved by the Bell meets Veronica Mars.
Published September 2nd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 2007)

Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jul 18, 2016 Katie (Kitkatscanread) rated it it was amazing
really good
Starbubbles
Nov 02, 2012 Starbubbles rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
It's actually a better story without the entire monkey mountain angle.
Sara Bennett
May 09, 2013 Sara Bennett rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, ya, romance, manga
I'm tearing through this magna series...sadly I don't think my library system has any more volumes. I'm not quite sure. If they don't I might ask them to order the rest. Because after picking up the first volume and enjoying it so much this has quickly become one of my top three manga series :) Not that I've read tons or anything :P Just some.

Haruna and the rest of the gang are having an interesting valentines day. First playboy Atsu gets tons of valentines from his fans. Then some chocolates my
Dani
Haruna is a little embarrassed she brought Macharu chocolate on Valentine's Day but is even more shocked to learn that a secret admirer left some for him in his desk!

I find this an amazingly depthful manga. I loved how we explored Haruna's jealous feelings learning she has a rival. I think one of the reasons she likes Macharu is because he's not threatening to her pride. Still she's a smart girl and figures it out! Macharu is totally confident in what he knows and I liked that! He's a sweet kid
Rosemarie
Aug 19, 2015 Rosemarie rated it liked it
Shelves: shoujo
This series would be a lot better if it would stop relying on Atsu and the rest of the class to force the plot along. I find it annoying that Haruna is forced into situations and am particularly frustrated that through 3 volumes, everyone still don't understand why Haruna and Masaru are dating. The whole "he's a monkey" got real old 8 chapters ago which is unfortunate since I feel like this series has such great potential. The sentimental scenes with just Haruna and Masaru are filled with sincer ...more
Gen
Feb 12, 2013 Gen rated it really liked it
I'm liking this story more and more. In fact, by the time I finished this volume, 3, I had fallen in love with it! I love it. I would give it 5 stars but I've seen better art... Anyway, I think I also really liked this volume because I really did not like volume 1, so in contrast this has been really satisfying. Haruna isn't so dislikable and is much more involved with the others. I agree with Starbubbles that it is a better story without the monkey mountain angle. Beautiful :)
Princess
Feb 26, 2015 Princess rated it it was amazing
Most of this volume is about Valentine's Day, and the story is PRICELESS. Of course to other people, it might seem unoriginal, but I loved it either way. Macharu is getting better at this relationship thing :3 I can't not hate anyone except that girl that shows up later on who knows Haruna. She's kind of annoying, lol.
Chelsea
Sep 09, 2011 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
This Volume was another great edition to this series. The Valentines Day chapter was filled with humorous chaos and extremely fun to read. Overall this volume was very well written and a very enjoyable read.

Contains Chapters: 6 - 9
Chapter 6.) 2/14 The Chocolate Incident
Chapter 7.) Happy Birthday
Chapter 8.) No Dunking in the Game of Love?!
Chapter 9.) Who'll Be the Student Body President?!
Adriana
Mar 14, 2016 Adriana rated it liked it
It's really 3.5 stars. It's not actually bad but it's beginning to fall into a rut of cliches and things that every shojo high school romance story does. The things that made it stand out are beginning to get lost.
Iryna
Jan 07, 2015 Iryna added it
very good book :)
Sarah Evans
May 30, 2009 Sarah Evans rated it it was amazing
Such a gentle school romance with fun humor.
Jenten0018
Mar 08, 2014 Jenten0018 rated it really liked it
I'd like to see Chika and Atsu together. I think they'd make an interesting couple. This book can get dull at some moments so I'm hoping for more excitement throughout it.
VampireAngelSadist
You really disappoint me Haruna, you really do.
Aya
4.5 stars.

Too Cute! :)
Christiana
Jan 03, 2013 Christiana rated it liked it
I still like this story, but I think I would start feeling bad if I were Atsu and Haruna can't even DEFEND why she likes me out loud. Obvs, I'm reserving volume 4 now.
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Varsha
Varsha rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Tess
Tess rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Lana Waltosz
Lana Waltosz rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Lila
Lila rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Elly
Elly rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2012
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2011
Kookie
Kookie rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Smriti Hakkarinen
Smriti Hakkarinen rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Passion Shaffer
Passion Shaffer rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Terrylee Fullager
Terrylee Fullager rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2014
MildredHorace
MildredHorace rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Melaniek
Melaniek rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R. rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
  • Love★Com, Vol. 13
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 3
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 7 (Mixed Vegetables, #7)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3