Start by marking “The Last Celtic Witch (Celtic Witch, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Celtic Witch (Celtic Witch, #1)

The Last Celtic Witch (Celtic Witch #1)

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED

A painful death... a prophecy foretold. Pursued by evil forces for her powers, recluse Adela MacAye foresees her own agonizing death. She must seek the chosen one to produce an heir and pass on her Celtic powers. To fail would be the end of good magick, plunging the world into darkness. Plagued by enemies and undermined by sabotage, handsome Lai
Published October 2nd 2007 by Resplendence Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Last Celtic Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Celtic Witch

Beltane by Lenora HensonSorrow's Point by Danielle DeVorA Discovery of Witches by Deborah HarknessThe Wicked Garden by Lenora HensonThe Witches of Snyder Farms by Lenora Henson
Witchy Women
109th out of 120 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

La Mala  ✌
Mar 19, 2015 La Mala ✌ marked it as desafio-no-recomendaciones
description

No-recomendado por Lau

Propósitos de este desafío:Leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros pueden comentar
por acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
Joy
This is the first Lyn Armstrong book I've read and I liked it a lot given the 5-star rating. I have to admit there's one turning point why I gave it such a high rating and it might seem to shallow to some but I stand by my thoughts.

First of all, I liked the historical concept of witches coupled with erotica. For a short story, one could find a short M/M, F/M/M and F/F interludes. I especially enjoyed the F/F encounter even though it's like rape because Ms Armstrong's writing was very stylish and
Terra
Mar 26, 2008 Terra rated it it was amazing
The Last Celtic Witch by Lyn Armstrong is delightfully delicious from beginning to end. Very erotic, this story is not for younger teens.

Adela MacAye is a witch with a mission. After seeing the persecution of her family and hearing of the witch hunt is in full frenzy, Adela is determined not to let the MacAye witch blood line disappear. The exact same dream being played over and over again with increasing urgency sets Adela off on a journey plagued with danger.

Laird Phillip Roberts is every woma
Blodeuedd Finland
Jul 18, 2010 Blodeuedd Finland rated it it was ok
Young Adele MacAye has seen her own death, she is the last Celtic Witch and she does not that legacy to end with her. That would end all the good magic in the world, and lead the path for darkness. So she does what any good witch would do, she created a fertility spell and lets that lead her to the man who can sire a child.

Laird Phillip Roberts is a warrior and lives a rough life fighting a bloody battle against a neighbouring clan. One way to end this would be to marry and make an alliance. But
Lau
Mar 18, 2016 Lau rated it it was ok
Hace ya unos años que tenía pendiente esta novela corta. Me atrajo por el título, no voy a mentir. La sinopsis es atractiva, pero ahora que la releo, es bastante engañosa y lo vende como algo mejor y más oscuro de lo que es. Hay cosas que dice la sinopsis que en el libro ni se mencionan.
Mas o menos la mitad del libro son escenas de sexo y en el resto de las páginas la autora recuerda, como con desgano, que había una historia para contar.

Quiero ser clara: la idea del argumento es buena, el proble
Tia Fanning
Jan 01, 2009 Tia Fanning rated it it was amazing
The Last Celtic Witch is an erotic-paranormal-historical about a beautiful reclusive witch named Adela who has a vision of her own death. Being that she is the last of her kind, Adela decides she must produce a child before she is killed. With the help of a fertility spell, Adela is led to the man who is to be the child's father... the handsome Laird Phillip.

I will stop here as to not give any more of the story away.

The Last Celtic Witch is a book about hope, love, passion and magic. It gets m
basement_cat
Mar 31, 2016 basement_cat rated it did not like it
Terrible. Ridiculous.
Lyn
Jul 07, 2011 Lyn rated it really liked it
I love historical romances, especially around the 18th centruy. Although they can be very tedious at times with too much info, which in my opinion can slow down the story and lose the reader's focus. This plot was well thought out. I enjoyed the storyline and the build of the characters. Just enough info to keep you interested and the romance was hot! I am anxious to read the next book in the series. I hope it is a little longer than this one though.
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2011 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Cute fun short read. Adela sees her upcoming death and decided not to die a virgin and without a child. So she set a spell to find a guy to help her. Only to find out later when no baby came and she's called to his castle as a witch that he is Laird Phillip Roberts ruler of their lands. Add that an evil witch who wishes Adela dead and you have a great story of the Last Celtic Witch.

Tania
Oct 07, 2011 Tania rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Romantica type read, so be sure you are old enough, ha! Otherwise, not the best i've read, but an easy read anyway. I will try the second book to see if it doesn't pick up.
Terry H
Feb 28, 2008 Terry H is currently reading it
this book was excellent. loved the sensual and exciting details. i had the pleasure of meeting Lyn Armstrong earlier this month at Barnes and Noble in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
Dayna
Aug 08, 2011 Dayna rated it liked it
Not a bad quick read. I would read the rest of this series, but I have other series I want to complete first. This was just taking a break, a thirst for something NEW.
Netanella
I loved the story, but felt like I was reading an outline to a plot more than anything else. I hope the rest of the series is more fleshed out in its writing.
Sara Winters
I felt like some parts of the book (like the falling in love part) were rushed and the story suffered from a lack of editing.
Charlotte Copson
Kat
May 18, 2011 Kat rated it did not like it
Got to chapter 8. Hot scenes but no character development.
Molly Ringle
Aug 16, 2012 Molly Ringle rated it really liked it
Solid 3.5 - racy, fun, quick read. Good escape.
Lisa
Apr 18, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
Series is hot!
Madey
Madey marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Carol McBain
Carol McBain marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Zoe Nocturne
Zoe Nocturne marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Noemí
Noemí rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Vânia Arduino
Vânia Arduino marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Lorie Johns
Lorie Johns marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
  • Lucien and Serenity
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Landing in Love (Born to Fly, #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • Love My Way
  • The Perfect Creation (Creations #1)
  • Pyrogasm
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • The Siren and the Sword (Magic University, #1)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • True Mates (True Mates, #1)
  • Acting Naughty (Action, #1)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Three (Just One Bite, #3)
  • White Wedding
Lyn Armstrong’s Biography

Born in Australia, author Lyn Armstrong has a passion for writing historical romance with a sensual touch. Along with touring the countries she writes about, Lyn volunteers as a cast member for the Renaissance Festival, where she mastered the language of olde English.
This self-confessed romantic wrote her first novel in the early 90’s and has been writing ever since. She
More about Lyn Armstrong...

Celtic Witch (5 books)
  • The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer (Celtic Witch, #2)
  • Heart of a Warlock (Celtic Witch, # 3)
  • Lady of the Mountain (Celtic Witch, #4)
  • Witch Hunter (Celtic Witch, #5)