Start by marking “Gonna Lay Down My Burdens” as Want to Read:
Gonna Lay Down My Burdens

Gonna Lay Down My Burdens

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  818 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Carmen Taylor finds her life spinning out of control when her best friend Desiree begins dating Chester Sheffield, the man Carmen has loved for years, and when Desiree gets pregant with his child, Carmen commits a reckless crime of passion that forces he..Title: .Gonna Lay Down My Burdens..Author: .Monroe, Mary..Publisher: .Kensington Pub Corp..Publication Date: .2005/10/0 ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Gonna Lay Down My Burdens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gonna Lay Down My Burdens

Khyrra
I've been a fan of Mary Monroe's sine I read The Upper Room. And this story didn't disappoint me. This was a love story with a serious twist. And I enjoyed every minute of trying to figure out where the story was headed next.
Sabrina
This was the 3rd book continuing from God dont like ugly and God still dont like ugly. This book basically shows the ladies growing up and there lives as adults and how there child hoods from the past 2 books affected them.
Lorraine
all i can say is, I didnt want to put this book down. I never heard of anything or read anything like this. I wanted to know what was next every page.
Good read.
Karen
Mar 25, 2012 Karen added it
wonderful read Mary Monroe is amazing!!!!!!
deryl taylor
Masterfully written

Masterfully written

I highly recommend another masterpiece written by the author. The book is masterfully written. Indeed this is a 5 star rating.
Tonia
This was a frustrating read for me. The main character appeared to have an omen on her. Everyone she encounter had some type of bad luck and on top of that she gives up her happiness because she refused to forgive herself. Too much foolishness in one read.
Cjohnson
Gonna Lay Down My Burdens is the most ironic book Ive read by Mary Monroe and it is by far her best work.
Allison Thomas
This book was very good in showing how lies can change your life.
Judy
This book was great! I think it would be a great movie.
Judi
I love Mary Monroe's books. Fast paced.
Ruth Palmer
Yet another great book by Mary Monroe.
Kendra Norris
A true page turner. One of her best!
Messiah ❤
Good book! The ending was great!
Nikki
Good read.
Alfred
the book was good
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
jettera
jettera marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Cypriana Milsap
Cypriana Milsap marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sharieka Thompson
Sharieka Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Carla Harris
Carla Harris marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Gayla
Gayla marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • When Somebody Loves You Back
  • One Day I Saw a Black King
  • Jezebel
  • Liar's Game
I am the third child of Alabama sharecroppers and the first and only member of my family to finish high school. I never attended college or any writing classes. I taught myself how to write and started writing short stories around age four. I spent the first part of my life in Alabama and Ohio and moved to Richmond, California in 1973. I have lived in Oakland since 1984.

My first novel THE UPPER RO
More about Mary Monroe...
God Don't Like Ugly (God Don't Like Ugly, #1) God Still Don't Like Ugly (God Don't Like Ugly, #2) God Don't Play (God Don't Like Ugly, #3) The Upper Room God Ain't Blind (God Don't Like Ugly, #4)