Start by marking “Wolverine: The Death of Wolverine” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: The Death of Wolverine

Wolverine: The Death of Wolverine (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Wendell Rayfield is a recently divorced, down-on-his-luck ex-cop who's looking down the business end of a 40 with no hope for the future and with demons from his past still haunting him at every turn. All he has going for him is his new job. A job that involves a very large machine gun, a hole in the ground, a certain hirsute mutant, and several thousand bullets. We all kn ...more
Published April 23rd 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Adam
The title of this volume is misleading. A casual reader might make the mistake of thinking this is a comic-book event, like the "death" of Captain America or Superman. It's not.

This volume collects the five-issue story arc, "Logan Dies." Written by Marc Guggenheim and drawn by Howard Chaykin (who has a weird, blocky style that I've always liked), "Logan Dies" creates a largely unnecessary and basically silly premise. Since he was "killed" in World War I, Logan/Wolverine has always gone to the sa
Max
This book contains the five part 'Wolverine dies' arc and a one-shot by Jason Aaron. The one-shot is at least four star, maybe five. The arc is the dumbest thing I've read recently. So dumb that a simple plot summary also serves as a damning review. Observe:

Every time Wolverine is mortally wounded. His soul. Goes to another plane. Where it fights Azrael, the angel of death. So that it can return to its proper place in his body. This has been going on since WWI. Because during WWI Wolverine met a
Michael
I hate Wolverine. However, this trade was included in a grab bag, so I decided to dip my foot into the swirling cesspool that is this character and see if anything had changed.

It hasn't.

HOWEVER. There is a story here that has caused many folks to rate this collection as 1-star. This alone makes it worth it, and not in some cynical way that supports my white hot burning hate for this character.

Anything that fandom hates is a good thing. It means you're not catering to their whims. Whether a stor
Brad
Any comic book reader can spot that this book's title is a lie. Wolverine does not die in these pages, nor will he ever as long as he's profitable. In fact, the main story in this book is called "The Death of Logan," which is only slightly different (using another of Wolverine's alter egos), but is much more accurate for the story. Wolverine faces off against agents of Scimitar (yet another multinational terrorist organization in the Marvel Universe). They hurt Wolvy badly enough to leave him br ...more
Arturo
Before the 5-part story there is 'The Man in the pit' a one shot by Jason Aaron, almost predictable but doesn't change that it was a great issue. So well written I ignored the art.
As for the 5parter, has some great covers but dreadful interior art, maybe good breakdowns, but the art just looks obnoxious. Overall the story is a good concept but in the end fails to deliver.
#57 ends great with a failed mission. And Logan Dies.
58 is an explanation issue with Dr. Strange talking to Iron Man and even
J.
Sanjay Rao
This could have been done so much better. But overall, it is a dull story.

I would given this negative stars if possible
Zachary Henez
Enjoyed Chaykin's art and the story was fun.
Doug
This contained six issues from the Wolverine series, the first of which was really good. Unfortunately it was a one-shot, and the latter five issues were a different and lesser storyline. The first issue is a four star comic, but the rest varies between two and three stars.
msd
'The Man in the Pit' was awesome and a very dark concept and I loved it, however, the rest of the volume was dull, dull, dull. I really didn't enjoy it :/
Jason
5 stars for the first issue (guy with the machine gun), the rest of it is so-so. The art wasn't even that great (again, not counting the first issue).
Shannon Appelcline
Not sure if I'm happy with the whole supernatural side of Wolverine "dying", but the writing is all smart and the story interesting.
Justin Allen
Story wise, it is a nice read, art wise, it is painful to look at.
Vincent Cheng
First story 4 stars. The 5 series story arc 1 star.
Zunaid
One of the dumbest Wolverine tpb ever!!!!!!
Janette
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT AND IT WASN'T.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Lobsang Gazom
Lobsang Gazom marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Jose A
Jose A marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Martin Fowler
Martin Fowler marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Igor Bushin
Igor Bushin marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Supreme Power, Volume 2: Powers and Principalities
  • X-Men: Original Sin
  • Batman: Birth of the Demon
  • Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk
Stephen King's N. Civil War: Wolverine Spider-Man: Election Day The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven's First Hunt Arrow Vol. 1