The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #5)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,652 ratings  ·  53 reviews
For the Yada Yadas, gettin' caught up in troubles isn't the problem; it's how to get free.

Only weeks ago, we Yadas toughened our prayer knees when one of our own was the victim of a vicious racial attack. Now it seems each household is being thrown into even bigger and badder circumstances. It especially worries me, Jodi Baxter, because I'm a fixer by nature, and the praye...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Integrity Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
31st out of 403 books — 412 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Purpose Driven Life by Rick WarrenThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Christian Books
194th out of 897 books — 737 voters

More lists with this book...

NancyInWI
I read the first 4 books in the Yada Yada series several years ago. I didn’t really remember specifics about them, just that they were good, easy summer reads. This is the 5th in the series, and the author does backtrack to things that happened prior to the stories told here. I don’t remember them being so “in your face” Christian, not that I find anything wrong with that. There was not a lot of action in this edition, but it was a squeaky clean and pleasant enough read. I just couldn’t figure o...more
Dani
This book gives the reader another roller-coaster ride with the Yada Yada Prayer Group. They deal with people going into jail and getting out of jail, young love, pregnancy, job changes, a church merger, and domestic violence. All the while, our narrator Jodi struggles with staying strong in her faith.

Reading this book was like talking to a friend that you've known for a while. Old friends tend to repeat their stories, and Jackson did a LOT of recapping in this volume. I know that it is difficul...more
Dinah34134
so far, out of the 5 books this has been the weakest for me. as the rating system says, this book was 'ok'. a lot of recap. a lot of filler (ie. street names, what's for supper, etc).

******************some spoilers************************

i was absolutely not impressed with how avis and her new husband handled the abuse of rochelle. i found it old fashioned, cruel, and misguided. how could you send your daughter that has been abused away not once, not twice, but three times? and then on the thir...more
Jeanette
Loved it just as much as I've loved all of the others! Reading about this group of women, their families and friends makes me wish I was one of them. Actually, I can "see" myself in some of their characters. Even though I started reading this series several years ago and in between have read many other books, it's still very easy to come back feel like I'm just catching up with old friends. Can't wait to see what happens with Hoshi and Sarah. Since I read Stand By Me (the first in the SouledOutS...more
Elaine
(books 1-7)
a. Excellent series of Jodie and her prayer group consisting of Adele, Edesa, Flo, Yo-Yo, Avis, Ruth, Leslie (Stu) Stuart, Delores, Hoshi, Nony, Chanda and Becky Wallace (Do I have all the names?)
b. We meet many other characters along the way including Jodie’s husband Denny and their 2 teenagers, Josh and Amanda and the families of the other Yada-Yadas.
c. There’s a fatal accident, a robbery, a shooting, as well as love and laughter, and many other goings-on in this series. These peop...more
Melissa
Wonderful addition to the series. Ruth is pregnant with twins, churches merge, Chanda has breast cancer.
Ivoree Malcom
The amount of action in this book is kind of limited. I would have loved to see more occur! This was the most boring of this series so far.
Maria M. Elmvang
Two Yada Yada books read in as many days. Somehow this does not surprise me one bit. I think "Gets Caught" is the weakest of the 5 I've read so far, but that just means it's a little less fantastic than the others. I still loved it, and know I'll be spending the next several days 'trapped' in the atmosphere and wanting to get hold of the last two books.

Neta Jackson makes me feel like I know these people, and that I'm right there next to them. Can't wait to see what happens with Edesa and Josh, a...more
Claudia Lee
I picked this book up for an airplane read based upon the recommendation of a friend who has read the whole Yada Yada Prayer Group series. I wasn't disappointed. The book follows a multi-ethnic group of female friends through the trials and tribulations of life. Once a month this group gets together to worship God and pray for each other. I like the way the book weaves prayer into real life and shows the struggles of one woman in particular to do this. It was an engaging read and a practical pri...more
Angela Mcclanahan
Jun 05, 2008 Angela Mcclanahan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian woman
This series follows a wife and mother of two. In book one she attends a womans christian conference where she meets 11 other woman. These 12 woman become a close nit group. Each book follows them through different trials and experiences while they lean not only on each other but on God.

I am currently on book 6 and they are all an amazing read. I have deffinitly learned a thing or two from these books. But most of all they are so good once I pick them up they are very hard to put down again.
Jen
I love this series--it's quick, it's uplifting, and it's filled with very real characters. This particular volume deals with some pretty heavy occurrences that I think I would appreciate more if I had kids of my own to worry about, but as is there were still a ton of moments that I was laughing, cheering, and being very anxious with all of the Yada Yada sisters. Not a series you can read out of order, really, but definitely something I recommend.
Amanda Harman
Wow, a great book. The story of the Yada Yada prayer group continues as Jodie and her 12 friends meet every other week to pray. The book shows how sharing with other women in prayer forms strong bonds, that help them through tough situations. Neta Jackson does an awesome job developing the characters in the story, so you have a real connection to them as they work through each challenge they face. This book addresses many of life's issues head on.
Angelique
LOved it, just like the first ones of the series! Great characters, who are more like real people, with real problems, and deal with it all in an "imperfect" way, just like me....good to know there really is someone who thinks like me sometimes! I love Jodi Baxter! She must be my soul sister! great series of books, no profanity, no smut, nice spirituality! refreshing for fiction!
Brenda
I enjoy the Yada Yada series and do find the books inspiring, but the diversity gets more over-the-top all the time. I cannot believe that a group THIS diverse could ever form by accident or that THIS much drama could befall them - it's like "Law & Order: Mini United Nations." The charismatic-ness is also pretty heavy-handed, but I can live with that. :)
Dee
I loved this book! I thought the last one was good! They just keep getting better! I only have one more left in the series :( Then on to the House of Hope. These are the kind of books you don't want to get rid of because you will want to come back to them later and read them again! Love them! I love the scripture reading in the books!
My goodness, our Yada Yada sisters are snippy and snappy in this book. This one has a problem...that one has a problem...Jodi the anchor worries of them all until she remembers once again to take it to God in prayer (cue music). Side note on the baby names: one seemed incomplete (kept wanting to add "Nigila" hehe).
Chanelle
This was a great addition to the previous Yada Yada books. A quick, simple read. I love how there a subtle reminders that God wants to be included in every part of our lives, both the simple and complex. The book ends with questions hanging in the balance so you have to be prepared to read book 6 soon after.
Carla Still
This is one of the most suspenseful books in the series. The group is becoming more and more surreal with how they are there for each other and provide support. The evolution of the characters and their lives portrays an amazing work of God. A work of God that is inspiring and could really happen.
Cheri Walker
Mar 19, 2008 Cheri Walker rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every mother for sure!
Evidently this is #5 in a series, but I haven't read any other. I will if I see them though, because it was fun, interesting Christian based take on life as a mother. Very enjoyable, plus made me think how little time I spend communicating with God.How's he going know how you feel if you don't tell him?
Donna
I love these women! Every book is like a visit with old friends you feel comfortable with. And I'm left with some Bible verses or chapters I want to check out, too. In this book I noticed Mrs. Jackson includes some additional study tye info in the back. I'll be looking into that further.
Connie
The predicaments almost become predictable by this fifth in the series, but what should I expect with 13 women in such different circumstances of life. I still find myself tearing up in the final (wrap-up) chapter. Women need each other. Prayer does work wonders. God is faithful,
Mara
I would love to have read these books in order but I have had to rely on when my library gets them each in. This was the 3rd that I read and again I was sad for it to end. No spoilers, these are real women and real situations that God brings them thru. Well worth the read!!
Josi Stevens
While only a novel, this series really makes me see the importance of making prayer a priority in my life.
Also, it takes place in Chicago, a city I am very familiar with and enjoy visiting so it makes the book and the characters in it familiar to me. Really enjoy it.
Linda Krueger
Loved this one and love the series. Only two left, I'll be sad when it's done. Already read House of Hope! Thx so much for writing them, Neta. They all have encouraged and enhanced my own prayer life so much. Life is not about me-it's about God and His purpose for all of us!
Cynthia
I read mostly to escape. I like to read after everyone has gone to bed and often times, get so into what I am reading that I can't put the book down. I love the Yada Yada series. It really makes me think about my walk with God. Never a dull moment with this crew.
Another great book in this series! I love the characters of Ruth and Ben so loved this one especially! These books really make you want a closer walk with the Lord and they show women struggling just like me to do that.
Kat Graham
Another wonderful read from Neta Jackson. I already have the next one on my nightstand to start up as soon as I finish my Mitch Albom book. I can't say enough wonderful things about this series.
Suzi
I love this series of books as they help me through tough times in my life. I'm re-reading the whole series because I'm on medical leave. It give me hope and sustains me through tough times
Kristi Bumpus
Not my cup of tea. Stereotype characters, oversimplification, extensive backstory references. I haven't read the rest of the series, so perhaps those who have will enjoy this more.
Sue
Will probably complete this series, but will wait for my library to get the last two books. Though I enjoyed them, I'm not interested enough to go out and buy them.
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • Summer Breeze
  • The Beach House
  • A Can of Peas
  • Christmas in Harmony: A Harmony Story (Harmony, #4)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • A Delirious Summer
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling