Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #6)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  1,547 ratings  ·  54 reviews
A devastating fire wakes up the Yadas to a new reality: God is on the move.

What I'd like to know is, why does God keep rearranging my comfort zone? It could have something to do with my Yada Yada prayer sisters, who aren't afraid to get in each other's faces and tend to expect big things from God.

But to move forward, sometimes we have to let go of what's behind. In spite o
Published April 1st 2007 by Integrity Music

To ask other readers questions about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
36th out of 414 books — 424 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Purpose Driven Life by Rick WarrenThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Christian Books
213th out of 934 books — 766 voters

More lists with this book...

Lora White
On page 203. I just love these books. Envy the ladies in this prayer group and wish that I was involved in something similar. Their stories touch me and make me realize something is missing in my life.

Finished yet another one in this series. This particular book seemed to deal with loss..loss of a family pet, loss of a family member, loss of a home, etc. and how we need to keep moving forward as difficult as it may seem some times. Keep your faith, always.
Rebecca
I have enjoyed all of the Yada books and feel like I've gotten to know these women. We should all have a group of friends like this. I like reading about developing a relationship with God in real life and sometimes ordinary situations.
Angela Mcclanahan
Jun 05, 2008 Angela Mcclanahan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian woman
This series follows a wife and mother of two. In book one she attends a womans christian conference where she meets 11 other woman. These 12 woman become a close nit group. Each book follows them through different trials and experiences while they lean not only on each other but on God.

I am currently on book 6 and they are all an amazing read. I have deffinitly learned a thing or two from these books. But most of all they are so good once I pick them up they are very hard to put down again.
Dani
Nov 08, 2009 Dani added it
Recommends it for: Christian book clubs
Shelves: part-of-a-series
This installment of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series deals with death, jail, fires, volunteerism, and how to make the best use of God's blessings. There was one twist in the storyline that made me tear up a little, but for the most part I read this because of my strange need to complete series. So much has happened to these characters that I can't imagine what would be left for the seventh book.
Connie
After about a year I thought it would be good to get back to the Yada-Yada series and I am glad I did. There are some "unbelievables" in this story, but maybe that just shows the poverty of my faith. The description of the Seder is something I am printing out for future reference. One of the themes is "look for the possibilities," a great help in my present state of thinking.
Maria M. Elmvang
Wow... that was some ride. I'm still wiping the tears off my face from the last few chapters. Good tears though. It wasn't sad, just incredibly moving.

I'm sad there are only 7 books in this series, because they are just incredible. I pray I can learn to pray like Jodi and her Yada Yada sisters... and I wouldn't mind hearing that still small voice as clearly either.
Loraine
Once again Neta Jackson did a great job with the crazy group of women that make up the Yada Yada Prayer Group. The way the storyline incorporates scripture throughout the situations and the the use of prayer in any and every situation makes this a really uplifting and spirit filled story. The laughter, fun, and craziness just add the piece de resistance.
Dianne
I liked this one too. this is number six... my review of YYPG Gets Decked Out was in error - Decked Out is number seven of seven... I am going to miss the gang.
Jen
Just finished last night. Will have to get the next and I believe the last one of the series to see how it comes to an end.
Cindy Stipe
As usual this book has convicted me to get out and do more for the Kingdom.
Melanie
I loved this whole series of Yada Yada books.
Caite
Jun 25, 2012 Caite added it
I love Neta's writings!!!
Angelique
Loved the whole series! this is not the last book, but the 2nd to last. I had inadvertantly read the last book of the series first when I picked it up off the shelf display in Christian fiction section of my local library...the title was "weird" and the cover was cute, and I was in the mood for something light to read. I got the right thing! I loved the book, and had to go back to the beginning of the series to read them all, and find out about the beginnings of all of the characters...especiall ...more
Larisha
In book 6, the Yada Yada Prayer group realizes they have become complacent in their worship, with their families, and in their community. Each knows they must reaffirm their belief in the Lord, as God always brings a renewal of life and spirit out of the ashes of destruction.

The Yada sisters must grow and embrace the change of merging the Uptown Community with the New Morning Christian Church that potentially can make both stronger as neither would remain homogeneous. The sisters especially unde
Ivoree Malcom
The drama in this book was real! From breakups to deaths to engagements to homecomings, Lord knows this book was packed. & I loved ever minute of it & it kept me on my toes. So, I am off to go read the last book of the series! I am kind of sad, because the series is coming to a close, but I have to think of the possibilities!
Elaine
(books 1-7)
a. Excellent series of Jodie and her prayer group consisting of Adele, Edesa, Flo, Yo-Yo, Avis, Ruth, Leslie (Stu) Stuart, Delores, Hoshi, Nony, Chanda and Becky Wallace (Do I have all the names?)
b. We meet many other characters along the way including Jodie’s husband Denny and their 2 teenagers, Josh and Amanda and the families of the other Yada-Yadas.
c. There’s a fatal accident, a robbery, a shooting, as well as love and laughter, and many other goings-on in this series. These peop
Cindy
As usual, the crazy yada yadas have left me inspired & motivated in my faith. Tears again, of course! (Good ones!). This book especially left me wanting to see Gods kingdom advance here on earth & asking God to guide my steps for His glory.
Allie Danek
Since I enjoyed Lorna Landvik's Book Club book (Angry Housewives eating bonbons), I thought another 'club' type book should be good. However, I guess one must either be in dire need of spiritual help or be a jehovah's witness of sorts to like this book. There could be a good story going, but, with all the prayer and Jesus stuff going on, one has to dig deep for the story, and even then perhaps miss parts of it. So, hurray for Neta Jackson, since she seems to have a big fan club (or else so many ...more
Amanda Harman
This is a great book for women who want a light read.
It's the kind of book you zip right through as you follow the 14 yada yadas in their prayer group. The story is inspiring, it makes you want to get out there and keep doing things for God. It also is a very big encouragement to pray regularly.
I thought a book about a prayer group would be boring, but the author develops a new story in each book while using the same characters. With each book in the series you read the more connected you beco
Kate Zubaly
Love this series!
Dee
"Gets Rolling" was one of her best! The Yada Yada's seem to really hang tough in this one, with so much to go through together, death, disease, jail time. These books teach us that we should all give back like "Pay it Forward." So much scripture in each book, which I love. I have one more to read before the series end, and I will be sad. Just wished Neta Jackson would start back up again and write more. These are very good for the soul! Love that Chanda has she spreads her money with love!
Brenda
My last book of 2010! I finally bought the last two Yada Yada books so I can finish the series. As with all the other books, the Extreme Diversity and charismatic influences are heavy-handed, but there's no doubt that these stories put me in a more God-centered mindset. Plus, I always enjoy good individual AND group character development over a long period of time. One more to go!
Katie
I don't consider myself a Christian fiction "fan", but for the Yada series I make an exception. Like many Christna woman's fiction books there are women who are good role models and the prose is easy reading. Somehow though, through the course of the women's lives Jackson describes common problems and faith issues and touch me throough fiction in a way a non-fiction book could not.
As usual, Jodi is unappreciated and yet depended on by everyone (gah, I can relate. LOL) Best part may be the Juvie play. Oh, and the "Bada Boom Brothers". Yep, the name stuck with me after the first use. Ha-ha! End is a bit rushed, perhaps because of the length of the book? *shrugs* By this time, so invested in these characters...bittersweet that it's almost "the end".
Lynda
More intriquing twists and turns occur in the lives of the Yada Yada families when Florida's sons is sent to the juvenile detention center and Jodi volunteers to substitute for the drama teacher at the center. Breakthroughs are made in several situations just as more complications develop with Chandra, Avis and also Edessa. Bring kleenex to this one.
Chaos
Sep 16, 2007 Chaos rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a good friendship read
Shelves: damnedgoodread
Ah, the joys of friendships and the growing faith in God and his ability to hear and care for us lowly mortals down here on Earth.

Another solid installment in Jackson's series. One more book to go and I will be missing the Yada Yada's .... and hoping Jackson spins us up another group of faithful friends.
Judy"Intergalactic Bookworm"
I have been enjoying the series from book one, and I hope that it will never end. It is well-written, and since I live in the Chicago area, it is neat to know where most of the locations are. I like the frendships that have developed over the 2-3 years that the series has covered and I feel like they are my friends.
Lisa
Loved it . . . Neta Jackson has developed the characters in this series such that I feel like they are all friends of mine!!! I have one more book left in this series to read . . . I already finished the next series "House of Hope" which ties into this series . . . I enjoy what Neta Jackson writes :)
Renee
This book is a quick, fun, inspirational read. Recently I have read quite a few deeper, more spiritually challenging books. I needed a breather - and this was a good pick-me-up. It's not great literature, or even fantastic Christian fiction, but it was an easy, fun book.
Franknannie

I enjoyed all of the Yada Yada books. This one spent a little time tying all the stories and characters together. Netta Jackson has made these women very real. I'm glad she kept it real, and worked some simple everyday scenes throughout the books.
Book Club Questions 1 10 Aug 15, 2011 10:49AM
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Sisterchicks Go Brit! (Sisterchicks, #7)
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
  • Summer Breeze
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • The Sister Circle (Sister Circle #1)
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)