Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: a Novel” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: a Novel

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: a Novel (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #6)

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,848 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
A devastating fire wakes up the Yadas to a new reality: God is on the move.

What I'd like to know is, why does God keep rearranging my comfort zone? It could have something to do with my Yada Yada prayer sisters, who aren't afraid to get in each other's faces and tend to expect big things from God.

But to move forward, sometimes we have to let go of what's behind. In spite o
Published April 22nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
35th out of 457 books — 486 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Purpose Driven Life by Rick WarrenThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Christian Books
158th out of 1,213 books — 923 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca
Aug 26, 2007 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all of the Yada books and feel like I've gotten to know these women. We should all have a group of friends like this. I like reading about developing a relationship with God in real life and sometimes ordinary situations.
Lora White
Oct 12, 2009 Lora White rated it it was amazing
On page 203. I just love these books. Envy the ladies in this prayer group and wish that I was involved in something similar. Their stories touch me and make me realize something is missing in my life.

Finished yet another one in this series. This particular book seemed to deal with loss..loss of a family pet, loss of a family member, loss of a home, etc. and how we need to keep moving forward as difficult as it may seem some times. Keep your faith, always.
Maria Elmvang
Wow... that was some ride. I'm still wiping the tears off my face from the last few chapters. Good tears though. It wasn't sad, just incredibly moving.

I'm sad there are only 7 books in this series, because they are just incredible. I pray I can learn to pray like Jodi and her Yada Yada sisters... and I wouldn't mind hearing that still small voice as clearly either.
Loraine
Jul 26, 2012 Loraine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yada-yada
Once again Neta Jackson did a great job with the crazy group of women that make up the Yada Yada Prayer Group. The way the storyline incorporates scripture throughout the situations and the the use of prayer in any and every situation makes this a really uplifting and spirit filled story. The laughter, fun, and craziness just add the piece de resistance.
Larisha
Aug 19, 2010 Larisha rated it it was amazing
In book 6, the Yada Yada Prayer group realizes they have become complacent in their worship, with their families, and in their community. Each knows they must reaffirm their belief in the Lord, as God always brings a renewal of life and spirit out of the ashes of destruction.

The Yada sisters must grow and embrace the change of merging the Uptown Community with the New Morning Christian Church that potentially can make both stronger as neither would remain homogeneous. The sisters especially unde
Angela Mcclanahan
Jun 05, 2008 Angela Mcclanahan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian woman
This series follows a wife and mother of two. In book one she attends a womans christian conference where she meets 11 other woman. These 12 woman become a close nit group. Each book follows them through different trials and experiences while they lean not only on each other but on God.

I am currently on book 6 and they are all an amazing read. I have deffinitly learned a thing or two from these books. But most of all they are so good once I pick them up they are very hard to put down again.
Dani
Nov 08, 2009 Dani added it
Recommends it for: Christian book clubs
Shelves: part-of-a-series
This installment of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series deals with death, jail, fires, volunteerism, and how to make the best use of God's blessings. There was one twist in the storyline that made me tear up a little, but for the most part I read this because of my strange need to complete series. So much has happened to these characters that I can't imagine what would be left for the seventh book.
Connie
Apr 03, 2009 Connie rated it really liked it
After about a year I thought it would be good to get back to the Yada-Yada series and I am glad I did. There are some "unbelievables" in this story, but maybe that just shows the poverty of my faith. The description of the Seder is something I am printing out for future reference. One of the themes is "look for the possibilities," a great help in my present state of thinking.
Cindy
Nov 01, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
As usual, the crazy yada yadas have left me inspired & motivated in my faith. Tears again, of course! (Good ones!). This book especially left me wanting to see Gods kingdom advance here on earth & asking God to guide my steps for His glory.
Dianne
Feb 03, 2008 Dianne rated it really liked it
I liked this one too. this is number six... my review of YYPG Gets Decked Out was in error - Decked Out is number seven of seven... I am going to miss the gang.
Jen
May 19, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it
Just finished last night. Will have to get the next and I believe the last one of the series to see how it comes to an end.
Cindy Stipe
Apr 18, 2008 Cindy Stipe rated it it was amazing
As usual this book has convicted me to get out and do more for the Kingdom.
Melanie
May 21, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series of Yada Yada books.
Caite
Jun 25, 2012 Caite added it
I love Neta's writings!!!
Angelique
Jul 18, 2011 Angelique rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole series! this is not the last book, but the 2nd to last. I had inadvertantly read the last book of the series first when I picked it up off the shelf display in Christian fiction section of my local library...the title was "weird" and the cover was cute, and I was in the mood for something light to read. I got the right thing! I loved the book, and had to go back to the beginning of the series to read them all, and find out about the beginnings of all of the characters...especiall ...more
Shawna
Oct 24, 2015 Shawna rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
This book spends a lot of time developing Josh's story at the woman's shelter. Jodi volunteers to help and due to a devastating fire had to learn how to support her children in all they do without trying to fix their problems. She is not the only parent in the group of Yadas who has to learn this lesson. The Yadas learn to trust and give God the reigns of their life.
Ivoree Malcom
Mar 28, 2014 Ivoree Malcom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The drama in this book was real! From breakups to deaths to engagements to homecomings, Lord knows this book was packed. & I loved ever minute of it & it kept me on my toes. So, I am off to go read the last book of the series! I am kind of sad, because the series is coming to a close, but I have to think of the possibilities!
Reni
Jul 23, 2015 Reni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Yada Yada book!!!

I felt as if I was actually at the Yada Yada prayer gatherings. Neta Jackson once again delivered a wonderful book. I would definitely recommend this book!! I can't wait to read the next one!
Elaine
Nov 23, 2008 Elaine rated it it was amazing
(books 1-7)
a. Excellent series of Jodie and her prayer group consisting of Adele, Edesa, Flo, Yo-Yo, Avis, Ruth, Leslie (Stu) Stuart, Delores, Hoshi, Nony, Chanda and Becky Wallace (Do I have all the names?)
b. We meet many other characters along the way including Jodie’s husband Denny and their 2 teenagers, Josh and Amanda and the families of the other Yada-Yadas.
c. There’s a fatal accident, a robbery, a shooting, as well as love and laughter, and many other goings-on in this series. These peop
Danielle
Jul 22, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
I keep reading this series despite major irritations. The narrator constantly refers to herself as "Jodi "Good Girl" Baxter" or "Good Christian Girl" Jodi, or "Old Jodi" vs "New Jodi"... ugh.
Allie Danek
May 25, 2009 Allie Danek rated it did not like it
Since I enjoyed Lorna Landvik's Book Club book (Angry Housewives eating bonbons), I thought another 'club' type book should be good. However, I guess one must either be in dire need of spiritual help or be a jehovah's witness of sorts to like this book. There could be a good story going, but, with all the prayer and Jesus stuff going on, one has to dig deep for the story, and even then perhaps miss parts of it. So, hurray for Neta Jackson, since she seems to have a big fan club (or else so many ...more
Amanda Harman
Feb 07, 2010 Amanda Harman rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for women who want a light read.
It's the kind of book you zip right through as you follow the 14 yada yadas in their prayer group. The story is inspiring, it makes you want to get out there and keep doing things for God. It also is a very big encouragement to pray regularly.
I thought a book about a prayer group would be boring, but the author develops a new story in each book while using the same characters. With each book in the series you read the more connected you beco
Patrice Kaigler-lard
Dec 23, 2014 Patrice Kaigler-lard rated it it was amazing
I bought book at the library a few years ago...I enjoyed it!
Kate Zubaly
Feb 06, 2014 Kate Zubaly rated it really liked it
Love this series!
Dee
Aug 06, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
"Gets Rolling" was one of her best! The Yada Yada's seem to really hang tough in this one, with so much to go through together, death, disease, jail time. These books teach us that we should all give back like "Pay it Forward." So much scripture in each book, which I love. I have one more to read before the series end, and I will be sad. Just wished Neta Jackson would start back up again and write more. These are very good for the soul! Love that Chanda has she spreads her money with love!
May 05, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Another great book in this fantastic series!
Brenda
Dec 31, 2010 Brenda rated it liked it
My last book of 2010! I finally bought the last two Yada Yada books so I can finish the series. As with all the other books, the Extreme Diversity and charismatic influences are heavy-handed, but there's no doubt that these stories put me in a more God-centered mindset. Plus, I always enjoy good individual AND group character development over a long period of time. One more to go!
Katie
Oct 16, 2007 Katie rated it really liked it
I don't consider myself a Christian fiction "fan", but for the Yada series I make an exception. Like many Christna woman's fiction books there are women who are good role models and the prose is easy reading. Somehow though, through the course of the women's lives Jackson describes common problems and faith issues and touch me throough fiction in a way a non-fiction book could not.
Oct 02, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
As usual, Jodi is unappreciated and yet depended on by everyone (gah, I can relate. LOL) Best part may be the Juvie play. Oh, and the "Bada Boom Brothers". Yep, the name stuck with me after the first use. Ha-ha! End is a bit rushed, perhaps because of the length of the book? *shrugs* By this time, so invested in these characters...bittersweet that it's almost "the end".
Lynda
Oct 05, 2011 Lynda rated it really liked it
More intriquing twists and turns occur in the lives of the Yada Yada families when Florida's sons is sent to the juvenile detention center and Jodi volunteers to substitute for the drama teacher at the center. Breakthroughs are made in several situations just as more complications develop with Chandra, Avis and also Edessa. Bring kleenex to this one.
Book Club Questions 1 11 Aug 15, 2011 10:49AM
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: Party Edition with Celebrations and Recipes
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Sisterchicks Down Under (Sisterchicks, #4)
  • SAHM I Am
  • The Sister Circle (Sister Circle #1)
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Healing Waters (Sullivan Crisp, #2)
  • Freedom to Love
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (7 books)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group