Start by marking “Picture Me Dead” as Want to Read:
Picture Me Dead

Picture Me Dead

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  1,792 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Rookie cop Ashley Montague discovers a body on the side of a highway, leading her to work with an arrogant veteran, Detective Jack Dilessio. Together they are dragged into the dark and dangerous world of drug trafficking against the steamy backdrop of South Florida.
Published March 1st 2003 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Picture Me Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture Me Dead

Kimberly
Jake is a cop/Ashley is in the academy. He is obsessed with a 5 y/o case, she is worried about an old friend who's hit by a car in just his underwear on a major highway. Are the cases some how related? It takes half the book to even feel a bit of chemistry between Jake/Ashley. I guess its more of a lust/hate relationship. They fight every moment they are together even though both walk away thinking how they can't get the other off their minds. As with most of Graham's books I didn't figure this...more
Lindsey
Carmen8094
Identikit di un incubo non mi è piaciuto.
La storia è piuttosto prevedibile, e per alcune pagine l'unica cosa che si aspetta è lo scoppio della passione tra i due protagonisti, il che accade abbastanza presto, bruciando una carta che avrebbe potuto essere vincente.
Sì, perchè a tratti Identikit di un incubo sembra più una commedia romantica travestita da giallo, che un thriller dalle sfumature rosa.
Non mi piacciono le continue ripetizioni -aveva una pistola. E sapeva usarla-, lo stile del racconto...more
Gina
Not part of a series. Not a bad story. Could have used a little more, though.

There wasn't enough for Ashley. She was a strong character and I liked how it played out for her, but I still wish that she'd had to do more than the one sketch (when you read it, you'll see what I mean).

Jake was a great character as well. Both strong, their stories were well written. And the connection between them was hot, spicy and electric.

I thought the plot was well written, the action superb. There should have be...more
Peggysue
stand alone novel. good story line and sticks with heather graham's writing style. just wasnt a favorite of her work
Maggie Shanley
Good story of a cop in training, a mysterious attack on her friend and the detective trying to solve the death of his partner.
Katy
I could NOT put this book down - it was one of Ms. Graham's best books. The mystery was well played, and suspense non-stop and the paranoia enough to make you doubt your own mother. Top it off with well-written, well-rounded characters (even the background ones) and this is a book sure to please people looking for a good mystery, good suspense, and even those who want a bit of romance to spice things up (although it isn't overly obtrusive). This is the type of book that turned me on to Heather G...more
Heather Seeley
Great book, very suspenseful, a little bit too much mushy romance but still a great book.
Gina Harris
Edge of the seat page Turner!!!
Meredith Kaupp
I expected this one to follow Heather Graham's regular paranormal/mystery/romance formula, so I was surprised when there was no paranormal element to the story. The mystery was much stronger in this book than her others, as well. Really, the only part that followed her regular formula was the romance, which drew me out of the book a bit. Really, there was one huge loose end that was never tied up, and that was pretty irritating....otherwise, I'd have given it a 5.
Asha Jaffar
It's not that bad but it could have been better. I was not glued to the book at all, it lacked creativity but maybe that's how it was supposed to be?
Sasy Gould
Este libro es genial, sí, es perfecto en todos los sentidos (a pesar de que la traducción tiene algunos momentos de ¿qué cojones? impresionantes) peeero... en serio, ese final me ha hecho bajarle nota, no me gusta TANTO la felicidad D: sentí que la autora quería hacer que todos sus personajes fueran felices para siempre y no, eso en un libro que de principio a fin (casi) era super tenso no pega ni con cola.
Danell
The beginning of the book was difficult to get into and was almost ready to put it down and walk away, but glad I didn't. Turned out to be a good book. First time I have read this author and am going to read another by her.

The story was good. Just seemed like information repeating itself during the first hundred pages.
Bleh. This is the first Heather Graham novel that I have read, and sadly I was unimpressed and even annoyed by it in several places. Aside from being entirely too predictable, there is an entire WTF storyline started...and then forgotten 3/4 through. Very disappointing, all-in-all.
Jenny Gottlieb
I really enjoy great crime fiction. I get taken into the story, wanting the characters to get together, wanting them to solve the crime, and this one didn't disappoint. Ashley Montague, the police academy cadet and Jake DiLessio the veteran homicide detective. An enjoyable read.
Connie
This was a great mystery. I was guessing til the end. The love scenes were hot, and very detailed. But definately worth the wait. I was a little confused with one of the story lines, it went nowhere. But it sidetracked me for a bit, maybe that was the point.
Maurean
I usually enjoy Graham, and this one didn't disappoint. Set in Miami-Dade, a tightly plotted police procedural (no hint of supernatural in this one, different from most of her books that I've read) that kept me guessing at the bad guy until the very end.
Jacque
I love Heather Graham. I like the settings, the humor, the romance. But I'm tired of red hair and predictable story lines. That's what I get for reading everything she wrote in a row.
Angela Lintner
Not a bad mystery/thriller. My only complaint would be that once the action starts to happen it seems like she was rushing to finish the book. . .good read though.
Kristy
One of the best suspense books I have read in a long time. It did have some romance which is a plus for me! Overall great book, I could not put it down!
i love heather graham. her books always contain lots of sub plots and intrigue. ending was great and i was surprised by who was behind killings.
Linda
This was a good read. I was able to figure out who the main bad guy was but was suprised about the bad cop, thought it was someone else.
Tanya
This book reas so smoothly that I finished the last 100 pages or so in one sitting...I absolutely could not put it down! =)
Kw
A pretty good mystery sidelined all too often by the gratuitous raunchiness that I despise. I won't be reading her other books.
John Wales
Finally enough mystery and paranormal stuff to keep it interesting. The romance fit the story and wasn't overbearing.
Glenn Harris
One of Graham's better efforts, though I thought the ultimate solution to the mystery was a little over-complicated.
Jackie
This an author I just started reading. Her books are entertaining without taking over my life.
Troy
Didn't want to start it, but dang it, got sucked in... Not bad, but I did see it coming. =)
Heather
I liked it. It was interesting and had a few red herrings to keep you on your toes.
Katie Sholty
Quick easy read. It just lacked something. It felt kind of repetitive in some parts.
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Fatal Burn (Northwest, #2)
  • Bone Cold
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Bait
  • Scent of Danger
  • Die in Plain Sight (Rarities Unlimited, #3)
  • Tempting Fate
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2)
  • Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid #1)
  • Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5)
  • Fatal Tide
  • Thicker Than Water (Mordecai Young, #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria...more
More about Heather Graham...
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)