Start by marking “Boys Against Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #3)” as Want to Read:
Boys Against Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #3)

Boys Against Girls (Boy/Girl Battle #3)

Abaguchie mania! Caroline Malloy thrills when Wally Hatford tells her that a strange animal called the abaguchie was spotted in their area. Wally warns Caroline not to search alone, but she is bent on finding the abaguchie. Wally and his brothers try to foil the plan, but Caroline and her sisters plan to outfox them once and for all.
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published May 9th 2000 by Yearling (first published 1993)

Willow Redd
Dec 07, 2015 Willow Redd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one I grabbed specifically from a library sale for my Little Free Library. I didn't realize it was part of a series until I started reading it.

Here we have the third book in the "Boys versus Girls" series of stories between the Hatfords and the Malloys (clever, and I didn't even put the joke/reference together until the very end when the two family names were put side by side). The Hatford boys are at war with the Malloy girls, which leads to the constant back and forth between them. This p
Micky Luo
Dec 18, 2014 Micky Luo rated it it was amazing
I found this book by looking around my house for books to read. One thing that impressed me was that the 1st book I didn't read it but read the second and it was very interesting for a short story because it had a great plot and makes you want to read more of the book and on the outgoing series. A quote that supports this, "Two more days and he'd have to spend two hours looking at Caroline's face across the table." This quote supports that the plot is interesting because it give suspense on how ...more
Kimberly
Sep 20, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
Thoroughly and completely enjoyed this series, which I read to my daughters through Nov & Dec at bedtime. Love, love, love Phyllis Reynolds Naylor for elementary aged readers. Love, love, love this series for the Brady-bunch era of hijinx between children... Love, love, love that neither the boys nor the girls are clear-case winners of the "war", though, my daughters do believe there was a winner. Whole-heartedly recommend as a family read and to all elementary-aged readers.
Rider
Oct 21, 2014 Rider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it and am already reading the next book
Patrick Star
Nov 04, 2016 Patrick Star rated it it was ok
bad
Diane
Dec 23, 2016 Diane rated it liked it
It's the Hatford vs. the Malloys as Wally and his brothers try to out-prank Caroline and her sisters. They single-handedly advance the legend of the Abaguchie, a mysterious creature that no one has actually seen but has become legendary in the small town. Caroline gets locked in the cellar of the bookstore by the boys. The girls lure Peter away, so the boys can't find him, etc. Caroline's movie-script imagination makes for some funny moments.
Maddie Bregman
Jan 15, 2013 Maddie Bregman rated it really liked it
The book Boys Against Girls by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor is about four boys and three girls who live across the street from each other. The boys used to be best friends with the boys who lived across the street, but when they moved, the girls moved in. Now, they play pranks and fight with each other like brothers and sisters. They all say they hate each other, but that might not be true.
I think the theme of the book is even if you don’t like someone at first, give them a chance because you never
Sep 10, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I didn't realize that this book was #3 in a series. I thought it was a stand-alone! My only complaint was that it ended so abruptly, but that's probably okay if there's another book. I would love to read them all! I love Naylor's books. She wrote these when I was just Caroline's age, so I totally get it. It was a really fun read, and kids about 7-10 would love them too. This was a $1 book order win!
Eun Young Kim
Sep 05, 2011 Eun Young Kim rated it really liked it
When I was in fifth grade my teacher had read a book to our class called, "Boys Star the War" which is one of the series of "Boys against Girls". I remember that the book was so fun, so I decided to read this book. I really enjoyed this book. I think I would give a four stars to it. It was exciting, there weren't many parts that was boring.
Jenna Kilpatrick
Nov 17, 2014 Jenna Kilpatrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I have only read three of the books in this series this was definitely my 2nd favorite. The first book was probably the best. The second one wasn't so good and this one was second best. Overall I am liking this series a lot and I will continued reading the books unless they start to get bad...
Nicholas S.
Apr 21, 2011 Nicholas S. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-done
Really funny.

This book shows the point of view from both the boys and the girls. It's a laugh out loud kind of experience.

Phyllis Reynolds Nalor wrote a lot of books like the Alice series. she is a very good writer.
Jessica Kinney
Jan 16, 2014 Jessica Kinney rated it really liked it
This book is about boys vs. girls. A battle to see if the mysterious creature roaming the small town is real or fake. The boys are doing everything they can to scare the girls but they don't expect the creature to catch them!
Read this book if you like annoying boys and bratty girls!
Chelsi Ham
Sep 12, 2008 Chelsi Ham rated it really liked it
Shelves: chapter-books
I loved this series of books so much. It was really fun and I loved the jokes they played on each other. I think it was because i was at that stage of life when boys were like the enemies lol.
~Joe Jonas lvr~ Karishma
Sifa
Sep 15, 2011 Sifa rated it it was amazing
Boys Against girls is a great book and the author of this book iS Phyillis Reynolds Naylor.I recomand this book to the people who like humor.
Andd Becker
Aug 25, 2012 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Are boys smarter than girls? Are girls smarter than boys? The Hatford brothers know the answer. The Malloy sisters know the answer.
jessica chen
Nov 27, 2007 jessica chen rated it it was amazing
IT WAS FUNNY. I THINK THAT CAROLINE AND WALLY MAKE A GREAT COUPLE. MY FAVORITE CHARACHTERS ARE CAROLINE AND EDDIE. I WANNA PLAY BOY GAMES, BUT I ALSO WANNA BE A GOOD ACTRESS AT THE SAME TIME. :)
Chloe Michel
Chloe Michel rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2016
elstaffe
elstaffe rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Sheyi Osundeko
Sheyi Osundeko rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Mustafa
May 07, 2008 Mustafa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
also a good book
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Anna Holden
Anna Holden rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Shantel Mozer
Shantel Mozer rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Dani Avila
Dani Avila rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Sir
Sir rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
adrienne member
adrienne member rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
  • Hide and Seek (Spy X, #2)
  • Gossip Times Three
  • Confessions from the Principal's Chair
  • Jelly Belly
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • Leon and the Champion Chip
  • Hattie and the Wild Waves: A Story From Brooklyn
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • A Fair to Remember (Camp Confidential, #13)
  • The Secret of the Forgotten Cave (Nancy Drew, #134)
  • Twisted Summer
  • Beware the Fish! (MacDonald Hall, #3)
  • The Great Mom Swap
  • Little Wolf's Book of Badness
  • Sarah's Dad and Sophia's Mom (Sweet Valley Twins, #62)
  • Amber Brown Is Green With Envy
  • Kid Power
  • George and Martha Back in Town
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...

Boy/Girl Battle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Boys Start the War (Boy/Girl Battle, #1)
  • The Girls Get Even  (Boy/Girl Battle, #2)
  • The Girls' Revenge (Boy/Girl Battle, #4)
  • A Traitor Among the Boys (Boy/Girl Battle, #5)
  • A Spy Among the Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #6)
  • The Boys Return (Boy/Girl Battle, #7)
  • The Girls Take Over (Boy/Girl Battle, #8)
  • Boys in Control (Boy/Girl Battle, #9)
  • Girls Rule! (Boy/Girl Battle, #10)
  • Boys Rock! (Boy/Girl Battle, #11)