Start by marking “Are You Ready for Bed?” as Want to Read:
Are You Ready for Bed?

Are You Ready for Bed?

Little Bunny doesn't want to go to sleep. No matter what his mother tries, her youngest bunny refuses to sleep. But finally, Little Bunny wears himself out, and Mrs. Rabbit thinks she can get some rest. But just as she begins to drift off her second youngest bunny calls out, "Mommy, I can't sleep!"
Published December 3rd 2005 by Tiger Tales (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Are You Ready for Bed?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are You Ready for Bed?

Terry
I liked this book and hoped my son would have like it more. I do hope it doesn't give my son any ideas about staying up late to get extra attention! I think little kids in multiple child families (we have 3) will relate to the need for one-on-one time with Mommy. I wish the book had ended more quietly, as a bedtime story goes. Instead, it ends with another bunny wanting attention. It is creative and realistic, but probably not an idea a parent wants to promote.

To read our full review, go to The
Jamie
Dec 29, 2010 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sweet tale of a young bunny will warm the hearts of readers. Mrs. Rabbit starts to settle down for the night, thinking all of her little bunnies are sound asleep. Right as she closes her eyes, her youngest bunny crawls out of bed and says “Mommy, I can’t sleep.” Mrs. Rabbit tries bubble baths and warm milk and songs to get her baby bunny to fall asleep. Finally, her baby bunny starts running around the house and finally falls asleep. Just when Mrs. Rabbit thinks she can go to bed, her secon ...more
Dolly
Nov 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our youngest wanted books about bunnies, so we did a search and borrowed a few of the books that came up on the list.

We were very surprised when we started reading this book at bedtime...it is the same story as a book we read just a few days ago. Apparently Jane Johnson has at least three different titles for the same story: "Are You Ready For Bed?" "Little Bunny's Bedtime," and "Ready For Bed!"

So here's the same review I posted for the other book:

A familiar tale of woe from exhausted Moms eve
Danelle
May 03, 2014 Danelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read to my little one at bedtime. I love the illustrations and any mother can relate to the ending. A gret quick read for spending time with your kids. My kids liked how the little bunny kept coming up with ways to stay up. This is a very cute story.
Dewey
May 11, 2016 Dewey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: st-unsorted
Nothing wrong with this book, but nothing that really jumped out at me and made me love it. I would use it if I was in need of another story, but there are others I would rather read.
Kristi Bernard
Sep 05, 2010 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mrs. Rabbit has put all of her little bunnies to bed. Right when she begins to doze off little bunny wakes up and wants to hang out with momma. He can't sleep. He wants to play, have a bath and munch on a snack and cuddle with momma. But it's not long before he dozes off himself. Mrs. Rabbit snuggles down once more and second little bunny wakes up.

I don't know of any parent who can't relate to this story of little ones wanting to stay up past their bedtimes. This soft padded book is a gentle rea
Kristi Bernard
MM's Review:
bedtime
Short
Hayley Noble
Aug 11, 2013 Hayley Noble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Me and my little one love this! She tells me all about the bunnys or wabit, and giggles away whilst I put on the voice of a sleepy little bunny. Its a lovely story and very true! Poor mummy bunny can never get a rest!

Only slight criticism is that it is slightly too long to keep a very small child interested (though my little one is only 17 months), I do feel if I didnt do the voices I would loose her attention.
Rachel Yingling
As a mother I can relate to the mother bunny in this story very well. This is a book for younger children. It is a book that they can relate too because most if not all children at one time or another want to stay up with their mom or dad and have fun instead of going to sleep. The little bunny in this story wants to stay up all night with his mommy, who is very tired.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Mrs. Rabbit tucks her bunnies into bed and is about to enjoy some peace and quiet when her littlest bunny announces he cannot sleep. She embarks on the all too familiar bedtime battle that nearly all parents dread. Will she be able to get him back in bed?

Soft colors and cute pictures make for soothing illustrations, ideal for a bedtime story.
Meg McGregor
Sep 03, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Sure to strike a positive chord to every child who has ever not wanted to go to bed, this story about Little Bunny wanting to stay up with Mommy for forever and ever, will surely become a favorite at bedtime or naptime.
Denise
Feb 23, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
As parents, we've all had those nights when we'd love to sleep yet our little bunny can't seem to settle down. This is an adorable tale that my sons often requested and I could identify with.
Tricia
momma bunny can't go to sleep until she gets her bunnies to sleep. just when her youngest has gone to sleep and she is laying down, she hears the call of another one. cute illustrations.
Cheryl
Gentle, loving tale of bedtime for these young rabbits. Any mother of active children will smile at the antics.
This was a cute book about a bunny not wanting to go to bed. I can relate to the Mommy bunny. Our work is never done.
Lindsay
Sep 08, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A kinder, gentler "Go the F*** to Sleep." More for parents than children I think.
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Great bedtime story... my sons liked it :)
Nicole
Apr 11, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-book
Cute story and nicely illustrated.
Michelle
Sep 19, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Bedtime, an endless battle.
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2016
Jemma
Jemma added it
Sep 07, 2016
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Kelly Steggeman
Kelly Steggeman marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Kim Amberg
Kim Amberg rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2016