Start by marking “The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 2

The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 2 (The New Avengers Hardcover Collection #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Secrets and lies revealed!

Who is Ronin, and why has Captain America recruited him into the fold? How did Spider-Woman get her powers back, and to whom does she answer? And in the wake of the world-changing House of M, where did all the power go? The New Avengers' latest gauntlet subjects them to attack and intrigue as they discover who their most powerful enemy really is!

C
Published April 16th 2008 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 2

J'aime
Jan 22, 2014 J'aime rated it it was amazing
This second volume of New Avengers has fallout from “Secret War” and “House of M”. After 42 supervillains escaped from the Raft, the New Avengers formed to track them down and renew efforts to protect people as a team.

The first third of the book deals with Spider-Woman, and where her loyalties truly lie. When the team goes to Japan after the Silver Samurai, Jessica encounters Madame Hydra and subsequently lets her escape. The team confronts her; it seems that Nick Fury went underground after Se
Aaron
Aug 05, 2014 Aaron rated it really liked it
Man, reading these "old" New Avengers stories is making realize how much cool shit I was missing back when these were still coming out. Bendis has a way of seamlessly weaving mystery into big, ridiculous superheroics, and it just makes these books some of the hardest to put down on the planet.

Now, this one is by no means perfect (though Vol. 1 kind of was?). The mystery of who Jessica Drew is actually working for has been building fairly slowly since the start of the series, and in this volume a
Bob Parks
Jan 24, 2012 Bob Parks rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
What made this a 4 star read for me was the first story. Rarely in the funny books do you come across an entire issue where you have costumed Avengers having dinner/breakfast and not a single fist fight breaks out. Not only that, but there is no lurking menace, no doom waiting. Just a bunch of heroes hang out having breakfast and planning for the future. The dynamic between Luke and Jessica will be the key to this series, I think. It makes this Avengers more family, like the FF, than the other A ...more
Dean Olson
Feb 26, 2012 Dean Olson rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Secret and Lies revealed the "mystery" of who was Ronin. Everyone suspected and it was even suppose to be Daredevil. But they were able to change it and still have it fit the story with who it is. Finch's artwork is a little messy but I still enjoy his work. 4/5

The next arc, "The Collective", starts well but descends into madness when they bring Xorn into it. Making it even more of a mess. The artwork was pretty messy. 2/5
Kelly
Jun 22, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
I'm going to need someone to explain to me what happened in this book. The first volume was great at getting new readers up to speed, but this one dug too far back into mutant history (and it's an Avengers book!) for me to follow. Still, it was pretty nifty, and I want to be Maria Hill's BFF. And Jessica Drew's.

Also, Yay wedding! It gets an extra star just for those great peeks into the non-super sides of their lives.
Scott
Nov 05, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing
I started this a while back and the first story arc was pretty good but nothing amazing. Then I got to the Collective story arc and wow. I sat down one night with the intention of only reading one issue, I ended up finishing the book and then Vol 3 the next day. This is where Bendis' New Avengers really takes off and becomes excellent. Definite recommend for anyone into comics.
Sonic
Nov 27, 2011 Sonic rated it really liked it
Not to be confused with the PREVIOUS "New Avengers Vol.2" !?!?!

Whoops this IS the PREVIOUS New Avengers Vol.2!

I think I remember liking it.
Elijah Spector
Apr 21, 2008 Elijah Spector rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Really good in the first half, second story is good but could use some kind of eventual explanation as to what in hell was going on.
Scott
Sep 23, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it
Mr. Bendis is a pretty darn good writer.
Ellen Mellor
Ellen Mellor rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Bessie
Bessie added it
Jan 16, 2016
Josh Deschenes
Josh Deschenes rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Tema
Tema marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Chris Dillon
Chris Dillon marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Nick James
Nick James rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Scott Reeves
Scott Reeves rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Jay
Jay added it
Oct 19, 2015
Neo Reloaded
Neo Reloaded marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Alex Clarkson
Alex Clarkson rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Lucas Botelho
Lucas Botelho rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Joshua Topliffe
Joshua Topliffe rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The New Avengers Hardcover Collection (7 books)
  • The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 1