Start by marking “Snake, His Story” as Want to Read:
Snake, His Story

Snake, His Story

Best known for his canon of classic hilarious children’s books, including favorites like GEORGE AND MARTHA, MISS NELSON, and THE STUPIDS, James Marshall has no rival when it comes to goofy fun. With the same silly spirit and charm, he presents four expressive stories about four little troubles. Marshall fans will cheer the return of these four little gems, out-of-print sin ...more
Published August 28th 2000 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Snake, His Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snake, His Story

Rosa Cline
Feb 18, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a good book to show a child that it's okay to be a little different than the other children. Snake could hear and everyone knows that snakes can't hear but this one can. At the end of the story he saves the day just by being himself.
Amber the Human
Apr 13, 2014 Amber the Human rated it liked it
Odd, to say the least. Snakes can't hear ... but this one can. And so he is able to stop a couple of bank robbers. Of course. I love stories where I can't tell what the end will be, and this is one of them.
Samantha
Jan 03, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
Snake is different; he can hear. At first, Snake is worried about not fitting in, but when he uses his special ability to stop some bank robbers he is a hero. Simple illustrations colored with green, yellow, orange, and brown mirror reach page of text.

It reminded me of some of my favorite picture books from my childhood: Martha Speaks and Gregory the Terrible eater. The idea that what makes you a little different also makes you special is such a great theme to base a story on.
Emerson and Theodore
Apr 02, 2013 Emerson and Theodore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
James Marshall is my new favorite children's book author. These books captivate a young boy's attention. But there is a sincere story present that is interesting enough for an adult.
Elizabeth Smitheram
It's a story about realizing that it's okay to be different and that it makes you who you are! Great for little kids, and has pictures to go along although I don't like them that much
Ali Werner
A great book for encouragement towards young children. Gives a life lesson of it is okay to be different.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Kx
Kx marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Neus
Neus rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Kim Lane
Kim Lane rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
jennifer
jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Kathy Uggen-merget
Kathy Uggen-merget rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Elisabeth Ellington
Elisabeth Ellington rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Keli Wright
Keli Wright rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Morgan McGuire
Morgan McGuire rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Amanda Hamilton
Amanda Hamilton rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Pinky
Pinky rated it it was ok
May 14, 2013
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Dylan
Dylan rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
James Edward Marshall (October 10, 1942 – October 13, 1992), who also wrote as Edward Marshall, was a children's author and illustrator.

His father worked on the railroad, was a band member in the 1930s, and his mother sang in the local church choir. His family later moved to Beaumont, Texas. Marshall said: "Beaumont is deep south and swampy and I hated it. I knew I would die if I stayed there so I
More about James Marshall...