Start by marking “Greek Myths: Gods, Heroes, and Monsters: Their Sources, Their Stories, and Their Meanings” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Examines the sources and stories of Greek mythology, recounting the tales of gods, heroes, lovers, and warriors.
Published June 30th 1988 by Atheneum Books

To ask other readers questions about Greek Myths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greek Myths

D.m. Omar
I absolutely adore Greek mythology. The authors told the stories well and the pictures were really good.
Jada Roche
Picked it up for my daughter to read but then grabbed it myself so I'd remember what the hell she was talking about when telling me about her Percy Jackson books. A good reminder of Greek mythology. The author's tone is knowledgeable and slightly flippant at times, which is amusing.
Shayla
You can't mess up the stories of the Greek Myths. Not quite sure why they would put "Their Meanings" in the title though, never really touched on that. Thank you Rory; this one came from his book shelf.
Jordan Lombard
I expected a list of monsters but there isn't one. The monsters are buried in the other stories, making it difficult to do research just on monsters.
Ashti
This book tells about the stories behind all the characters in Greek Mythology!!!

Boy, do I love this subject!!!
Inhaliator
I dint like this book it was lame because it tells you what their meaning means
Cynthia E Sherman
Well written and a great research tool.
Kaitlin Weatherford
Kaitlin Weatherford marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Lisa Liu
Lisa Liu marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Mc
Mc added it
Feb 05, 2015
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Carmely
Carmely marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Emeth
Emeth is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Dave
Dave added it
Jun 05, 2014
Brown
Brown marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Christin Smith
Christin Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Isaiah Lomant
Isaiah Lomant marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Lovely Jane
Lovely Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Lily Boop Dancers!: Horizons In American Dance Anyplace But Here: Young, Alone, And Homeless: What To Do Mind Play: The Creative Uses of Fantasy