The Delaney Woman

The Delaney Woman

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Kellie Bennett returns to Ireland after a car accident in which her husband and child are killed. But British Special Forces reveal that the crash was no accident. Kellie begins an undercover life of lies and deceit, where the line between what's real and what's not quickly begins to blur.
Published June 1st 2003 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Delaney Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delaney Woman

Anne OK
Read several years ago but just getting it posted to Goodreads. Transferring all my book-related info from spiral notebooks to Goodreads.

Jeanette Baker has written some beautiful and captivating Irish-centered stories that I've enjoyed very much for years now. "The Delaney Woman" is among my favorites.
Jina Howell-Forbes
This was an interesting story of Northern Ireland conflicts as well as a love story. I enjoyed the story, but I did not think that it was Jeanette Baker's best work, and I am a very strong fan of her books.

The problem for me with this book was that all of the characters were a little too flawed. All of the adults used very poor judgment at times, which made them hard to like most of the time. There were also too many occurrences that seemed implausible. Also the ending seemed very rushed, with i...more
Lisa Currier
I enjoy this author. This book was set in Ireland, and she gave alot of history into the conflicts, and rituals of Ireland: a pot of tea can solve anything :-)
The characters were well written, at times the plot was a little overdone. But a good story.
Dawn Wells
If you are Irish or enjoy books about Ireland you will enjoy this book. Its a irish mystery with love, intrigue and suspense. Kellie Delaney goes looking for the person who is responsible for the death of her twin brother. Yet, the man she meets Tom Whelan is nothing like what she expects. I won't ruin it for you. It's a really good read.
Tommy
outstanding, enjoyed this frim cover to cover
Judith
Really, really liked this book.
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 02, 2014
Autumn
Autumn added it
Jan 30, 2014
Teresa Slater
Teresa Slater marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Debbie Chen
Debbie Chen marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Lisa Taylor-allers
Lisa Taylor-allers is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2013
Katz!
Katz! added it
Sep 05, 2013
Tracy Kasper
Tracy Kasper is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2013
Nancy
Nancy added it
Jul 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
51913
I love all things Irish, the language, a good cup of tea, soda bread, stew, smoked salmon, banoffee pie, green hills, happy cows, chedder cheese,... and all things Southern, sweet iced tea, southern hospitality, everything written by Anne Rivers Siddons and Johanna Trollope, blazing sunsets, driving through hot desert nights with the windows open, coffee and conversation with good friends, Katheri...more
More about Jeanette Baker...
Legacy Catriona Irish Lady Nell The Lavender Field