Start by marking “The Delaney Woman” as Want to Read:
The Delaney Woman

The Delaney Woman

Kellie Bennett returns to Ireland after a car accident in which her husband and child are killed. But British Special Forces reveal that the crash was no accident. Kellie begins an undercover life of lies and deceit, where the line between what's real and what's not quickly begins to blur.
Published June 1st 2003 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Delaney Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delaney Woman

Anne OK
Dec 30, 2013 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
Read several years ago but just getting it posted to Goodreads. Transferring all my book-related info from spiral notebooks to Goodreads.

Jeanette Baker has written some beautiful and captivating Irish-centered stories that I've enjoyed very much for years now. "The Delaney Woman" is among my favorites.
Maryann
Nov 17, 2015 Maryann rated it it was ok
I think I feel like I don't have enough background on the Troubles to really appreciate this book.
Jina Howell-Forbes
This was an interesting story of Northern Ireland conflicts as well as a love story. I enjoyed the story, but I did not think that it was Jeanette Baker's best work, and I am a very strong fan of her books.

The problem for me with this book was that all of the characters were a little too flawed. All of the adults used very poor judgment at times, which made them hard to like most of the time. There were also too many occurrences that seemed implausible. Also the ending seemed very rushed, with i
Dawn Wells
Mar 16, 2013 Dawn Wells rated it liked it
If you are Irish or enjoy books about Ireland you will enjoy this book. Its a irish mystery with love, intrigue and suspense. Kellie Delaney goes looking for the person who is responsible for the death of her twin brother. Yet, the man she meets Tom Whelan is nothing like what she expects. I won't ruin it for you. It's a really good read.
Lisa Currier
Aug 11, 2016 Lisa Currier rated it really liked it
I enjoy this author. This book was set in Ireland, and she gave alot of history into the conflicts, and rituals of Ireland: a pot of tea can solve anything :-)
The characters were well written, at times the plot was a little overdone. But a good story.
Wendy
Mar 10, 2015 Wendy rated it liked it
This was a good story about a young woman who loses her brother and nephew in the political/religious battles in Ireland. She goes on a search to find out how and why and finds love along the way. I enjoyed the story and learned some things too.
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2009
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
June
June rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Rae
Rae rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Susan Mutin
Susan Mutin rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Dianne Hanson
Dianne Hanson rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Author & Company
Author & Company rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2012
Tommy
Mar 11, 2011 Tommy rated it it was amazing
outstanding, enjoyed this frim cover to cover
Casey
Casey rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Kathryn Klopfer
Kathryn Klopfer rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Laura Fenley
Laura Fenley rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Naimah Ismail
Naimah Ismail rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2010
Krista Dobbs
Krista Dobbs rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Jessica H
Jessica H rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2009
Karen C
Karen C rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2012
Judith
Jan 08, 2009 Judith rated it really liked it
Really, really liked this book.
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Lazetta Krause
Lazetta Krause rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
51913
I love all things Irish, the language, a good cup of tea, soda bread, stew, smoked salmon, banoffee pie, green hills, happy cows, chedder cheese,... and all things Southern, sweet iced tea, southern hospitality, everything written by Anne Rivers Siddons and Johanna Trollope, blazing sunsets, driving through hot desert nights with the windows open, coffee and conversation with good friends, Katheri ...more
More about Jeanette Baker...