Start by marking “Sage Ing While Age Ing” as Want to Read:
Sage Ing While Age Ing

Sage Ing While Age Ing

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  341 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Shirley MacLaine invites readers to share in her quest for spiritual, physical and personal harmony and truth. This is a provocative and enlightening synthesis of what Shirley has discovered in her years of searching for a deeper meaning in her life.
Published November 1st 2007 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Sage Ing While Age Ing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sage Ing While Age Ing

Wendy
I love Shirley Maclaine. I think she's delightfully outrageous, a real individual, and a phenomenal actress (ever see Turning Point?). I have always found her books to be entertaining. But this one is different.

As I "mature" I can really appreciate a good ramble. I enjoy a glimpse into the workings of the mind, the skips and jumps they make in their thought process, the associations. That's why I enjoyed this book. It's a bit of a soap box rant on extraterrestrials. So if you're not interested i
Rick Ludwig
I think Shirley MacLaine is a fascinating individual and a very good writer, especially when she is describing personal experiences. In this one, unfortunately she spent most of the book talking about the experiences of others that she feels support her far from mainstream beliefs. I love her openness to new ways of thinking and viewing the world and always respect her honesty. But she is far less compelling when she is trying to support her perceptions of life with references to what she percei ...more
Iona  Main Stewart
Shirley Maclaine wrote this book while in the midst of moving into a new residence overlooking Santa Fe in New Mexico, and reverts to the theme of settling into the house at the start of each chapter. This acts as her grounding so to speak, although the house is perched high in the mountains.

She covers many topics in the book - her life and famous friends, advice for healthy living, her past life in Atlantis, UFO sightings and information, philosophical and spiritual reflections on the origins o
Jill
Typical Shirley MacLaine...so unabashedly sincere and intelligent that it's hard to ridicule her wacky beliefs 'cause they sound plausible, the way she describes them. The topic is kinda all over the place, but she has some interesting theories on extraterrestrials and holistic dentistry...
Alice
I love trying to figure this celebrity out by reading her books. In spite of everything I think she'd be an interesting neighbor. At least she's an original.
Sharon
Open minded and unique are her experiences, thought provoking
Monty
I liked this book a lot and almost gave it four stars. It was published in 2007 and covers her early life and career as well as results of her research and experience with alien presences on earth for thousands of years. She ends with comments about 12/21/12, when the Mayan calendar ends and a new era begins. It is interesting how translations can distort the meaning of words. For example, she says that apocalypse actually means "that which will be revealed" and connects it to 12/21/12. I especi ...more
Gloria Stoddart
I am genuinely intrigued with Shirley MacLaine and have read quite a few of her books. Sage-ing While Age-ing had me interested in parts and overwhelmed in other topics. I felt that I was able to relate to her concept of synchronicity having felt myself that I have been in a certain situation before it occurred. As far as aliens, UFOs and other "visitors from outer space" I have difficulty accepting these notions. It was interesting to hear about the seven chakras because I do believe in the hea ...more
Beth
As usual Shirley seems a little 'out there' but her take on things like UFOs and aliens which have interested me since my middle school years, make for fun reading if nothing else. She definitely believes in conspiracy theories and government coverups. She is completely dismissive of the current media and their mission to only reveal what the government deems the country is ready to accept. Sometimes I agree with and sometimes not but it is an entertaining read anyway.
Frankie
Very interesting lady! She has lived a FULL life. She briefly writes about her life in Hollywood and working with several famous actors. The majority of the chapters are about her beliefs in Atlantis, UFOs, reincarnation and the new age that we are headed into. She gets a little carried away with names and facts to support her beliefs. However, it is a very interesting read and I am looking forward to reading some more of her penmanship.
M
Okay Shirley, Shirley Shirley I have read your books in the past..you do realize that no author knows everything..you do fine when you speak of your own experiences..but when you attempt to justify what you have read from authors you believe know some truth other than the truth..it gets murky.

The style of this book is too folksy for the content. I have to ctct Ms. Shirley..she needs anthropological feedback in a holistic way.
Marion
This is a great book for those who are questing in their life for answers to who we are why we are here and where to next. Shirley has been to places and talked to people most of us do not have access to. She shares the information she gained from her journeys with any of us who wish to read about it. It's packed with information, speculation and experiences. There is bound to find something you can relate to.
Glenna
Shirley MacLaine always challenges the reader. This one was a big leap because I had not been keeping up with her adventures. Basically, this time she tells us that there are a lot of aliens roaming the earth and that the world as we know it is ending at the end of 2012. When she backs this up with her (vague) research it does become quite believable. We'll have to wait and see, though. . . .
Jo-Ann Murphy
This woman has led a fascinating life. I would like to see her write a full book that goes into detail on each of her philosophies. She has some very interesting ideas and a unique way of looking at life. She has given me some new perspectives and opened my mind to think about some apects of life in a new way. It was not a quick read because of the thinkng it inspired me to do.
Kelly
Some people might think Shirley Maclaine is "out there" but after reading this book I have come to the conclusion that she is actually much more intellectually and spiritually evolved then most. This book covered many interesting topics including healthy eating, past lives, UFOs, chakras, and more. If you want to open your mind to rarely discussed topics then this is a great read.
Pam
I love to read Shirley Maclaine's books because no matter how far fetched her thoughts and experiences may seem; she stays true to herself and beliefs. Her books are always thought provoking and full of interesting topics. I really don't know why or how this book went under my radar for so long. Guess i was not yet ready for the information on the pages. TGlad i read it
Crystal Lei
Dec 02, 2007 Crystal Lei rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who want to question existence and consciousness
I'm a fan of any book that seeks to question the world in which we live. Too often, those people are vilified and marginalised. MacLaine's book delves into questions about existence, consciousness, self-actualisation, etc. She is a clear and concise writer and while I don't agree with everything she posits, one shouldn't use agreement as the measure of good writing.
Evan
May 12, 2008 Evan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Seekers and curious folk
Shirley MacLaine is really far out. She's getting older and saying everything that's on her mind. She is a very brave person and I would love to know her in person. She talks about things that people are afraid to discuss openly or just plain outright dismiss. You need a really open mind to read this book or it'll just close up or get blown open in the process.
Jane
The author very simply introduces the word coincidence and shows how there is no such thing, but rather, synchronicity. I found a kindred spirit; encouragement; that life is still very much an amazing adventure after age 50.
Shirley
Shirley Maclaine is always sort of "out there", but there were some interesting bits of information within this book. I'm not into the UFO bit that took up a lot of the chapters, but new ideas always food for thought at least.
Lisa Wells
So far there are some great insights on spirituality and consciousness, but she gets on a long tangent about extra terrestrials....and it ended up being over half the book. My rating went down....

Audio Book
Holistic Complications
read my review on my Word Press blog. This is the second book of Ms Maclaine's that I have read.

Ellen
This is interesting, then it got alittle wierd. But I did enjoy it and could relate to some of it, not the UFO parts, but the other parts about meditation and finding your spiritual side of your life.
Jody
This was boring. Shirley doesn't give us anything new here. Already knew about these theories either from her earlier books or from other authors. Skimmed the whole thing and was left feeling let down.
Claire
Having read all of Shirley's earlier books it was really interesting to read her thoughts as a septagenarian. If you read this, you MUST talk to me about it!!! As usual, wild and thought-provoking!!
Diane
Fairly typical Shirley MacLaine book. However, I always enjoy reading her. She holds before me the possibilities of the unknown. She broadens my horizons from the intellect to the spirit.
Sylvia
this was sitting in the biography section of my Five Corners branch of the Jersey City Library. I thought I'd see what she has to say. It was somewhat of a self-indulgent ramble. Not recommended.
Janiceharkness
Author seemed to be rambling on trying to say something ... and what she said stopped me dead in my tracks. Literally, rocked my foundation. Made me know for certain, that I do not know anything.
Dee
This book of Maclaine's wasn't as interesting to me as some of her earlier ones.

I loved the books about her travels to foreign lands, Tibet, Peru, and her spiritual experiences there.
Swirl Girl
Just wanted to confirm for myself, and, yes...Shirley Maclaine is a little "out there." The only part I found interesting was her chapter on healthy eating.
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
  • Longing for Darkness: Tara and the Black Madonna
  • The Rosicrucian Enlightenment (Routledge Classics)
  • Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints & Sages: A Guide to Asking for Protection, Wealth, Happiness, and Everything Else!
  • The Essential Zohar: The Source of Kabbalistic Wisdom
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Practical Intuition
  • Bhagavad Gita As It Is
  • Darling: A Spiritual Autobiography
  • The Goddesses and Gods of Old Europe: Myths and Cult Images, New and Updated Edition
  • Lost Knowledge of the Ancients: A Graham Hancock Reader
  • Take Big Bites: Adventures Around the World and Across the Table
  • The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism
  • Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)
Shirley MacLaine is an Academy Award-winning American film and theatre actress, well-known not only for her acting, but for her devotion to her belief in reincarnation. She is also the writer of a large number of autobiographical works, many dealing with her new age beliefs, such as solipsism, as well as her Hollywood career. She is the older sister of Warren Beatty.

More about Shirley Maclaine...
Out on a Limb Dancing in the Light The Camino: A Journey of the Spirit I'm Over All That: And Other Confessions Don't Fall Off the Mountain