Bite (Bite, #1)

Bite (Bite #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Anton loves a well-prepared steak. That's all he's hoping for when he meets Greg, his new live-in chef. Flamboyant and confident, Greg attracts Anton immediately, and he finds himself wanting to know Greg better. Much better. It's not just a normal attraction for Anton. He's an unusual man, with unusual desires, and Greg seems to be filling a place in Anton's life that he'...more
paperback, 257 pages
Published June 13th 2007 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bite

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCut & Run by Abigail RouxWith Caution by J.L. LangleySticks & Stones by Abigail RouxForce of Law by Jez Morrow
Best Gay Alpha Males
75th out of 520 books — 626 voters
With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
265th out of 652 books — 909 voters

More lists with this book...

Nancy
Anton is a sexy alpha werewolf. Greg is the newly hired live-in chef. One glance at his baby blues, tattoo and goatee was enough to bring out Anton's "uncivilized" nature.

The first half of the book is a lot of repetitive sex scenes complete with biting, growling and rough play that lack excitement and tenderness, and very little plot.

The use of one-word sentences is too frequent and gets annoying after a while.

"Glowing. Eyes didn't. Oh. "There"".

There's a bit of humor, though. Anton's domina...more
Candice
Well I was told that I would either love this book or hate this book, nothing in between...I loved it.
Vio
Jun 05, 2012 Vio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vio by: Simsala
3.5 stars subject to change......

If I wasn't a vegetarian already, I would be after reading Bite! What I really liked was the banter between Logan and Greg the teasing and fun they have together great interaction its a shame there wasn't more of this throughout the book. A few less sex scenes, more background on the MC's and less biting and this would have been right up my alley. I know, I know this is a "Wolfy" we are talking about they're supposed to bite but lesser would have been better for...more
Lily
Anton Lupi is a man with a secret. He lives in a beautiful high-rise apartment, throws lavish parties and mingles with 'the beautiful people' all the while hiding his werewolf nature. It's a part of him that he's not comfortable with and while he is the Alpha he keeps his distance from the pack. When he meets his new chef he'll discover that there are times when his wolf won't be kept down.

Greg Henderson is nothing like what Anton was expecting in a chef. The sexy blue-eyed man with a tattoo and...more
Elisa Ramblings
I think I could recognize a Sean Michael's book even without the front cover. It's the particular style, the writing is a flash of image and situation, a never ending flow, with a lot of dialogue and bit here and there of setting to complete the picture.

In Bite, Anton is a very rich and handsome werewolf who discovers a powerful attraction for his in-house cook, Greg. Greg is an easy-to-go man, who likes the simple things of life, like cooking and making sex, and who has not many demands if not...more
Lucy
I am a huge fan of shifter stories, so I was really excited to try this one. It could have been so much better than it was. The shifter aspect, other than Anton requiring RED MEAT at every instance and feeling itchy with the moon, was very much downplayed. The attack on Greg, while mentioned a few times, also was a very background issue. What was at the forefront, was continual, repetitive sex and biting. Anton's possessiveness was a hallmark of the shifter, so I was okay with that. But the scen...more
Keith
I got through the first four chapters and decided to quit. The two main characters, Anton and Greg, are pretty much lifeless. I didn't really cared what they were doing and how they felt about each other. The writing was very hard to get through with many one or two word sentences. Fun With Dick and Jane had about the same writing style as this book did.
Phaney
The lack of lube made me cringe but I guess it’s “that” kind of story.
It’s certainly funny to read something older again. And even funnier that 2007 could be considered old.

I wonder if this is one of the granddaddies of gay werewolf erotic romance. We definitely have all the “mine” and “mate” and abbreviated speech patterns here, the mindless-with-lust bits, crazily possessive and growly and somewhat violent.
Although these days protagonists have mostly turned into supposedly badass bikers and me...more
Vivian Archer

Uninhibited and non-angsty fun where the storyline occasionally gets in the way of the smexing. Seriously, it's hot, but repetitive--except for the spankings which were hot. Otherwise it's: growl, fuck, bite, "Mine", repeat.
Simsala
My first re-read in ages...
Simple fast paced story,repetitive and primitive dialogue,hot and very rough sex-scenes - lots of them...exactly what my inner cavewoman needs right now! Rescued by Sean Michael...;-)
Ayanna
I wanted Marcus to bottom. Like, all the time. I got tired of him being the seme. Like, actually a seme. Lucky for me I skipped all the sex scenes. Of course, this means I didn't get to read much of it, but there was actually a weird-possibly-interesting web of intrigue in the kind-of-background.

No, I'm not going to read book 2. Fuck you and your "You wanna find out what happens next? Well, you'll just have to read the next book." Yes, perhaps the first was at an appropriate length for you to st...more
Luka
I really wanted to give this book 4 stars but only went with 3. I really loved the two main characters but they were the only ones you really saw in the book. Jackson seems to be a really close friend but you only hear from him a couple of times. I really loved Greg and how sweet and sarcastic and funny he was. Anton was all alpha and he was so sweet. He was cocky and funny and I just loved him. The main characters did have there flaws but I loved them anyways thats why its so hard to give this...more
Charly
This is erotica, not emotional romance

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- The sex is hot. Graphic, rough (but not overly so), intense. Pervasive. (see cons below also)
- I liked the characters. However, I’ve read the book twice now; I first read it about 6 months ago and decided to read it again before writing a review, and I don’t remember liking the characters as much the first time I read it as I do now, after the second. (I’m also about h...more
Jimmy Hanson
As with nearly all of Sean Michael's novels, there is little more to "Bite" than a spattering of plot around many, many schmex scenes. I've read this one three times now, but only when I'm in the mood for hot schmex and little to no drama [between the main charas, that is:].

Anton and Greg have none of that hang-up some other novels have - there's no 'is he gay' or 'is he serious' or 'oh, my, god, I can't possibly love him already - I'm so ashamed' or any other BS like that. It's just straight at...more
Suze
Apr 03, 2014 Suze rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suze by: Won on SM Blog, giveaway month Oct12
Won from SM, Oct giveaway month.
I hadn't read any of SM's published novels but have been reading the online serial Club Fantasy, so was prepared somewhat for the writing style. The book is a werewolf shifter book, though it is not a big part. I'm not a huge paranormal fan so it was fine for me.
Greg comes to work for Anton as a chef and sparks fly from the start - as does the sex! I think if this had been a book portraying real life, then it would not be believable but as a paranormal book it i...more
Lb
Apr 15, 2014 Lb rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Paperback.
Wow. So that was bad. So corny and it had no character depth. Greg the human and Anton the werewolf. Most of this book it sexy smut seems with a paragraph of story line. The first three chapters of this was fine( and hot) but then It just got boring. Would not read again.
Iavenger
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Zarifina Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★
There are several flaws in this book but one of the biggest is the lifeless and one dimensional characters. All Anton ever seems to think or say is "Mine, mine, mine, mine!" It's exhausting to read "mine" for 219 pages. Greg's character is no better with his stunted speech. With him constantly saying the word "Dude" I became bored very easily.

Another flaw is that the book reads as one continuous sex scene. Granted this is an erotic romance, however, around the 8th scene I found myself rolling m...more
Ashley
Feb 12, 2012 Ashley rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I liked this book as well as Bitten. Now don't get me wrong, I like Sean Michael but he always jumps right ino a sex scene before really introducing the characters and honestly before the characters get to know eachother. He did the same with Jarheads and some of his other books. And honestly you can pick one of his books out a mile away with all the single word sentences that makes up his sex dialogue. All the single word repetative grunting gets old fast and is more that a little cavemanish an...more
Honey
I honestly don’t know what it is about this book that makes me love it so much. It has Sean Michael’s usual flaws, mainly too much sex, but it manages to suck me right in every time. Maybe it’s how growly Anton is or how infatuated he is with Greg. Or maybe it’s how Greg always pushes him and how his cooking always makes me hungry. But every once in a while I find myself gravitating back to it and rereading it and it’s always as good as the previous time.
Noughty
3,5

It's basically lots of sex with a few other scenes. It's just too much. Not just for a book, but for people to have so much sex is like a little over the top.

Anton is an interesting werewolf, so civilized but at the same time the most wolfy character I have read about. It got a little annoying with the stake thing. Why does he need a chef if he eats one thing?
Tammy
I loved this book. The primal nature of the sex between Anton and Greg is just astounding. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Gina

You know, if the theme song of the books Need and Chosen, written by the same author, was 'You Make Me Hungry', for this one is definitely good ol' 'Mine'.
Yo! There are really lots and lots of 'mine' in here ;)
Vfields is happy!
Okay, I'm a Sean Michael's fan.
This didn't work for me. It was weak and screamed, This is an early work! I can't rave and it was a little silly. It could have rocked if there was more background and depth to the characters.
Kia Shiru
Loved this book, fast dynamic writing and lots of good scenes!

Full review on my blog:
Angela
Sep 18, 2009 Angela rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: erotica, m/m,weres
This is the first book by Sean Michael that I've never finished. I'll just have to try again some other time.
Timeforme
I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading Bitten. The characters were well done and the story was entertaining.
Rob
Decent, but the writing was repetitive. Yours, mine, howls, growls, mate. Yours, mine, howls, growls, mate.
Gwendolyn
I'm not sure if I've ever said this but too much receptive sex.
Colleen
I like this series, but this 1st one is my favorate
  • The Call
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Sorcerer's Lover (Sorcerer's Lover #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Master Of Obsidian (Master Chronicles, #1)
  • The Cost of Eternity (Eternity, #1)
  • Shadow of a Wolf
  • Mile High (Men in Motion, #1)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Blind Desire
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Heart's Home
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours...more
More about Sean Michael...
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Forged (Hammer, #8)