Start by marking “Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)

Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The terrorist threat to America continues, but this time it's so top secret that only those in the highest circles of government know about it. As it unfolds, Daphne and the vampire spies, the Darkwings, become the first?and only?line of defense to save a city. Team Darkwing's assignment: decipher and defuse the terrorist plot. But Daphne gets distracted when vampire hunte ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Signet (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Under Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Darkness

Wendy
Why do I keep reading these books. lol I absolutely despise this authors writing style, but I enjoy the adventures of the Darkwings enough to keep reading.

This one like the other books in the series deals with a threat to National Security, when the Intrepid, an old war ship, is stolen. The Darkwings must find out by who and why. Along with this mission they are also targeted by an army of vampire hunters and Daphne has to deal with the return of Darius.

Just when I have just about decided that
Rochelle
First off, put this book down and go buy Jennifer Rardin's Jaz Parks series as it seems this series is based on Ms Rardin's series and Ms Rardin's series does it infinity better.

Second: great concept, terrible execution. The heroine's 'personality' reads like a D&D character sheet but she is even less interesting or accurate. Despite supposedly being one of the smartest people in the world, from a family world famous for treachery & cunning, heroine is easily led, and anything but intell
Rachel
Another wonderful mix of deceit, love, and mystery from Russe. I really enjoy Russe's style of writing and Daphne's perspective of what's going on around her. Especially how honest she can be with herself. This story has a lot more Darius than the previous and I enjoyed watching his interactions with Daphne. It's interesting how skeptical the reader can be of him since the only perspective we get is Daphne's. I for one would be very interested in reading a book from his point of view because he ...more
John
I liked this about as much as I've liked all the books in this series. I'm really sort of done with Darius though and I'd like to see some of the newer characters take up the page space that he occupies. Assuming there's another book of course. I also get kind of annoyed with the detail the author insists on putting in. Too many times I found myself thinking: Yeah, this is probably really accurate, but I just don't care and it's not helping the story along.
Debra S
I don't normally read vampire erotica and wouldn't actually recommend this book. But I really did enjoy the scene in Ch. 16 that takes place in a meeting of ASI.

Actually the story wasn't bad and if they cut the 2-3 sex scenes it would be fine. They really didn't add anything to the story, just as most sex scenes in movies are pretty gratuitous. Oh well, I guess it sells. Too bad.
Yolanda Sfetsos
This is the 5th book in the series and is once again filled with an interesting mission for the vampiric spy team. But like Daphne, I got distracted by what was going on with Darius. They've had so many ups and downs, I got really wrapped up in their latest involvement. This is one terrific series.

Loved it!
Nina
I really hope the author decides to continue writing this series, even if there hasn't been a new book since '08. Daphne is one of my favorite female characters, right up there with Anita Blake, and I really wanna know what will happen to her and the Darkwings next:)
Bridget
The main character, Daphne, has settled into my thoughts, which is what I like with a good story. looking forward to her next in the Darkwings saga. The only complaint is all the mystery surrounding nearly everyone. It would be nice to get some answers.
Lori Whitwam
Read on its own, it might've been 4 or 4.5 stars. But for a fifth book in a series to still be so strong and fresh, it deserves 5. Must find out immediately if 6 is out, and when/where I can get it. I have to know what happens next!
Cindyg
Darius back in a big way...damn I love this guy but he pisses me off! I hate that Signet dropped this series...I loved all five books and hate that it is not being continued at this time. Highly recommend this series.
Charmeelah
i love it so far. The book had a very bad ending with lots of loose ends and unanswered Questions but full of action non the less pitty there is no book 6 it would have been epic.
Alissa
Loves the series... Daphne was awesome... Sad to see it end :-)
Anino
A Series with Promise. Worth checking out.
The BookWhisperer
Vampire,Darkwing Chronicles
Pilar Wyman
go, indexers, everywhere!
Teresa
Very good book!
Faith Harvey
Faith Harvey marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Alice Atlast
Alice Atlast marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jennifer Schaper
Jennifer Schaper marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Betti Anderson
Betti Anderson marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • The Better to Hold You (Abra Barrow #1)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • Blind Man's Alley
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Once Bitten Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
  • Hades
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • Too Wicked To Kiss
Lucy Finn

Pseudonym for Savannah Russe.

LUCY FINN is a fulltime fiction writer who also owns an antique store, the Big Red Barn.

Under the pen name, Savannah Russe, she is the author of the bestselling vampire series called The Darkwing Chronicles: Beyond the Pale, Book One (June 2005), Past Redemption, Book Two (April 2006), Beneath the Skin, Book Three ( February, 2007), In the Blood (November, 2
More about Savannah Russe...

Darkwing Chronicles (5 books)
  • Beyond the Pale (Darkwing Chronicles, #1)
  • Past Redemption (Darkwing Chronicles, #2)
  • Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles, #3)
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
Beyond the Pale (Darkwing Chronicles, #1) Past Redemption (Darkwing Chronicles, #2) Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles, #3) In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4) Dark Nights, Dark Dreams (Sisterhood of the Sight, #1)