Start by marking “Ultimate Vision ” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Vision

Ultimate Vision (Ultimate Marvel)

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Earth was saved from the Ultimate threat: Gah Lak Tus. But scientist George Tarleton has captured a piece of that awesome entity and plans to reactivate it for his own evil purposes. The only hope for mankind against this mad scheme is the strange alien being called the Vision.
Published February 6th 2008 by Marvel (first published January 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Vision

Myles
Set just after the Ultimate Galactus story, Ultimate Vision was an interesting look into Vision as a character and there are a couple hints (via the Advanced Idea Mechanics group) of story-lines to continue beyond Ultimatum.

Otherwise this limited series was just more riffing off the theme of "Don't Fuck With Shit You Don't Understand" that's been the go-to message with Ultimate Comics for quite some time. From Reed Richards to Major Fury and all the other brains, good and evil, it always leads
Holden Attradies
A pretty Damn good read, taking me make before the bubble of general shittiness that surrounds "ultimatum". Most definitely not an essential read if your going through the Ultimate line, I don't think it really adds anything important to the world that ties in with any of the main series. but perhaps the fact that it's just a follow up to the Galactis trilogy/expansion of the Vision character is what made it so enjoyable.

My favorite part of the book was Ultimate AIM. I don't know if this was the
Paul
It's just me.

The book was very nicely illustrated, and Carey did a good job of crafting the story, and the characters, and really everything was very nicely handled. But I just don't like revisionist or alternate storylines that much. Or, maybe I just don't like them when they become universes of their own, or maybe I just think a female Vision, who's an alien construct, and entwined in the Galactus (excuse me...Gah Lak Tus) mythos is too far out of bounds, and would have worked better as an in
Sean Brennan
I really enjoyed this comic series, that concluded the Galactus Trilogy, I actually prefer the Ultimate version of the Vision, who I found as a female far less cold, than the original, rather reminiscent of the Avengers 80's member Jocasta, Artwork and script excellent, and I loved the last full page panel.
K
An interesting look into the history of Ultimate Gah Lak Tus that I might have enjoyed more if it weren't for the bizarreness of Vision taking on the form of a lady with huge knockers for no apparent reason. 'Why?' is a question I doubt I'll ever get an answer to.
Noah Soudrette
I've never been a big Vision fan, but when you turn the Vision into a golden robot girl, how could I resist? The story here isn't too spectacular, but an interesting follow up to the Ultimate Galactus storyline.
Trike
A decent enough entry into the Ultimate line of comics, but a bit of a let-down after the awesomeness of the Ultimate Galactus books. Still, it's nice to see The Falcon getting some action.
Tamara
Much more interesting than the Ultimate Galactus series. Having this storyline interspersed throughout the final Ultimate Galactus mini would have made it much more readable of a story.
Shannon Appelcline
A well written coda to Ultimate Galactus that's techie and interesting ... but also which doesn't have enough depth of character to really feel too attached to the story.
Brian
(read as part of the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy trade)
Scott Ashlock
Scott Ashlock marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Taisia
Taisia added it
May 09, 2015
John Muñoz
John Muñoz marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Catherine Johnson
Catherine Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mike Carey was born in Liverpool in 1959. He worked as a teacher for fifteen years, before starting to write comics. When he started to receive regular commissions from DC Comics, he gave up the day job.

Since then, he has worked for both DC and Marvel Comics, writing storyli
More about Mike Carey...

Ultimate Marvel (1 - 10 of 102 books)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 3: Double Trouble
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3: World Tour
  • The Ultimates, Vol. 1: Super-Human
  • Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, Vol. 3
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere The Unwritten, Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity The Devil You Know (Felix Castor, #1) Lucifer, Vol. 1: Devil in the Gateway Ender's Shadow: Command School