Start by marking “Ultimate Vision ” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Vision

Ultimate Vision (Coleccionable Ultimate #70)

The Earth was saved from the Ultimate threat: Gah Lak Tus. But scientist George Tarleton has captured a piece of that awesome entity and plans to reactivate it for his own evil purposes. The only hope for mankind against this mad scheme is the strange alien being called the Vision.
Published February 6th 2008 by Marvel (first published January 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Vision

Myles
Set just after the Ultimate Galactus story, Ultimate Vision was an interesting look into Vision as a character and there are a couple hints (via the Advanced Idea Mechanics group) of story-lines to continue beyond Ultimatum.

Otherwise this limited series was just more riffing off the theme of "Don't Fuck With Shit You Don't Understand" that's been the go-to message with Ultimate Comics for quite some time. From Reed Richards to Major Fury and all the other brains, good and evil, it always leads
Mike
Jan 06, 2017 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed-series
A pretty good read. The Vision (robot hero of Marvel Comics) is reimagined for Marvel's Ultimate Universe.

Despite a great fondness for the vision from the "ordinary" Marvel Universe, and an even greater fondness, perhaps bromantic, for the Paul Bettany interpretation on the silver screen, I liked this version, too. Ultimate Vision is an alien robot millions of years old, highly reconfigurable, able to assimilate a planet worth of knowledge in seconds, and designed to get ahead of the intergalact
Holden Attradies
Jun 03, 2012 Holden Attradies rated it really liked it
A pretty Damn good read, taking me make before the bubble of general shittiness that surrounds "ultimatum". Most definitely not an essential read if your going through the Ultimate line, I don't think it really adds anything important to the world that ties in with any of the main series. but perhaps the fact that it's just a follow up to the Galactis trilogy/expansion of the Vision character is what made it so enjoyable.

My favorite part of the book was Ultimate AIM. I don't know if this was the
Paul
Aug 23, 2008 Paul rated it liked it
It's just me.

The book was very nicely illustrated, and Carey did a good job of crafting the story, and the characters, and really everything was very nicely handled. But I just don't like revisionist or alternate storylines that much. Or, maybe I just don't like them when they become universes of their own, or maybe I just think a female Vision, who's an alien construct, and entwined in the Galactus (excuse me...Gah Lak Tus) mythos is too far out of bounds, and would have worked better as an in
Sean Brennan
Nov 26, 2013 Sean Brennan rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I really enjoyed this comic series, that concluded the Galactus Trilogy, I actually prefer the Ultimate version of the Vision, who I found as a female far less cold, than the original, rather reminiscent of the Avengers 80's member Jocasta, Artwork and script excellent, and I loved the last full page panel.
Noah Soudrette
Mar 18, 2008 Noah Soudrette rated it really liked it
I've never been a big Vision fan, but when you turn the Vision into a golden robot girl, how could I resist? The story here isn't too spectacular, but an interesting follow up to the Ultimate Galactus storyline.
K
An interesting look into the history of Ultimate Gah Lak Tus that I might have enjoyed more if it weren't for the bizarreness of Vision taking on the form of a lady with huge knockers for no apparent reason. 'Why?' is a question I doubt I'll ever get an answer to.
Trike
A decent enough entry into the Ultimate line of comics, but a bit of a let-down after the awesomeness of the Ultimate Galactus books. Still, it's nice to see The Falcon getting some action.
Shannon Appelcline
A well written coda to Ultimate Galactus that's techie and interesting ... but also which doesn't have enough depth of character to really feel too attached to the story.
Tamara
Jun 29, 2008 Tamara rated it liked it
Much more interesting than the Ultimate Galactus series. Having this storyline interspersed throughout the final Ultimate Galactus mini would have made it much more readable of a story.
Shane Gerlalch
Shane Gerlalch rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Mitch Romig
Mitch Romig rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2010
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2013
Tony
Tony rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
John Webster
John Webster rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
raman
raman rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Brad Filicky
Brad Filicky rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Jason Curtin
Jason Curtin rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2011
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Russ Cook
Russ Cook rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Jon
Jon rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2015
Christopher Debono
Christopher Debono rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Jordan Lahn
Jordan Lahn rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2014
Eliot Sitton
Eliot Sitton rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Ah
Ah rated it did not like it
May 10, 2012
  • Ultimate Origins
  • Ultimate Galactus, Volume 1: Nightmare
  • Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra, Volume 1
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 17: Sentinels
  • The Ultimates 3: Who Killed the Scarlet Witch?
  • Ultimate Annuals, Volume 1
  • The Amazing Spider-Girl, Volume 1: Whatever Happened to the Daughter of Spider-Man
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 11: The Most Dangerous Game
  • Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book IV (TMNT, #4)
  • Essential Iron Man, Vol. 2
  • Essential Punisher, Vol. 1
Mike Carey was born in Liverpool in 1959. He worked as a teacher for fifteen years, before starting to write comics. When he started to receive regular commissions from DC Comics, he gave up the day job.

Since then, he has worked for both DC and Marvel Comics, writing storyli
More about Mike Carey...

Coleccionable Ultimate (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 1: Power and Responsibility