Start by marking “Mind Into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit” as Want to Read:
Mind Into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit

Mind Into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit

Alchemists of old attempted to make sense of the universe - to discover the connection between mind and matter. Some of today's scientists, in particular quantum physicists, are doing the same. In his latest contribution to the study of consciousness, physicist Fred Alan Wolf reveals what he calls the new alchemy - a melding of the ideas of the old alchemists and the new s ...more
Published November 1st 2000 by Moment Point Press (first published October 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Into Matter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Into Matter

Oct 03, 2008 Brian rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. I like how it was written too -- the style. It's a combination of quantum physics, theology, new age spiritualism and jewish mysticism. You might think that's a really odd mixture. It's very thought provoking.
Ricardo Acuña
Oct 17, 2014 Ricardo Acuña rated it really liked it
Shelves: science, spirituality
An interesting and controversial mix of quantum mechanics, psychology and spirituality. The subtle meaning of this book, can be better understood by reading other Ramtha books and budist texts.
Jan 25, 2012 Allan rated it liked it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
This book is not at all what I expected -- more metaphysics than physics. I gave up on it at one point because it was just so "out there" -- and I'm an "out there" kind of person, which tells you how very far out this one goes.

Nothing tires me out more than speculation presented as "science" or spirituality. In order to gain my interest, you have to start with something familiar and explain it in a new way. Too many books seem to assume that if you're writing about spirituality, you can just cr
Pam Mcmahon
Sep 27, 2014 Pam Mcmahon rated it liked it
Wolf is on my list of top five writers on the topic of spirituality and science. He writes to my own spiritual experience; if it weren't for my introduction to the world of quantum mechanics, I doubt I would be having one at all. It's rare to see a scientist "come out of the closet" as being highly spiritual, and, in Wolf's case, even mystical - although it is less uncommon in the world of quantum physics, where possibilities are unlimited.

In this book, as in most of Wolf's books, he is able to
Kenneth Bachmann
Jan 25, 2016 Kenneth Bachmann rated it it was ok
I read this as a follow-on to one of Wolf's earlier books, The Spiritual Universe. As with the latter book it seemed to me that Wolf did not effectively make the transition from a scientific perspective of reality to a spiritual or metaphysical perpspective of reality, or adequately demonstrate a relationship between them. I was ultimately also left confused about the time loop and how the future determines the present, but I think that that confusion is grounded more in my difficulty in thinkin ...more
Mar 21, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
I love Fred Wolf's books. I've been a fan of his since seeing him in the movie What the Bleep Do We Know?. His explorations into the crossover between quantum physics and spirituality--like in his book about the physics of shamanism (The Eagle's Quest) are great brain-expanders. I've learned so much hard science from him, just because he's such a great story-teller while he's at it. Mind Into Matter was another great read! It's my third time reading it, and each time I grasp something new.

Kimberly Morghan
Mar 30, 2010 Kimberly Morghan rated it liked it
While I really enjoyed reading Fred Alan Wolf's "Taking the Quantum Leap", I found this one harder to grasp. I did manage to take home a few concepts from it, but other parts seemed like they would need more study to really understand what he was getting at. Since it was a library loan, I really didn't have enough time to get in and "study" the material. Still, the bits I grasped were informative, and I wouldn't say it was a wasted read.
Jan 22, 2009 Liz rated it it was ok
Didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would-- didn't dig the correlation between Hebrew letters and the concepts of quantum physics. Won't toss it, may read it again at some later date, after learning more on the topic, to see if I have a eureka moment with it.
Aug 01, 2010 Sherry rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration, science
Another great work on the notion of particle physics and how we create our own reality. I had some trouble grasping all the ideas -- but the overall notion of how we affect our lives by how we think rang true.
W. Fyfe
Sep 17, 2012 W. Fyfe rated it really liked it
Read before reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle, and understood some. Read again after reading "The Power of Now" ... understood much!
Kathy rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Tyler Hansen
Tyler Hansen rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Vlad Popescu
Vlad Popescu rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Uros Dobrojevic
Uros Dobrojevic rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Hilla Powell Bajwa
Hilla Powell Bajwa rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2012
Francisco Mata
Francisco Mata rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Patty rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Jerry Da Jerk
Jerry Da Jerk rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Jim Bouchard
Jim Bouchard rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2010
Jedediah McClure
Jedediah McClure rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Steve A
Steve A rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Moez rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2010
Rishael Sisler
Rishael Sisler rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Michael rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
John rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Nicolle Carter
Nicolle Carter rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Toni Bunaiasu
Toni Bunaiasu rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Helen rated it really liked it
May 05, 2012
Leon Bravo
Leon Bravo rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Physics Of Consciousness: The Quantum Mind And The Meaning Of Life
  • The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World
  • The Quantum Brain: The Search for Freedom and the Next Generation of Man
  • The Science of Success: How to Attract Prosperity and Create Life Balance Through Proven Principles
  • The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath's Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart's Intelligence
  • Healing Words
  • Ask and It Is Given: The Processes
  • Passage Meditation: Bringing the Deep Wisdom of the Heart into Daily Life
  • Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations
  • Living Deeply: The Art & Science of Transformation in Everyday Life
  • Conversations on the Edge of the Apocalypse: Contemplating the Future with Noam Chomsky, George Carlin, Deepak Chopra, Rupert Sheldrake, and Others
  • iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind