Start by marking “Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)

Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #2)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  771 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
DINK, JOSH, AND RUTH ROSE are spending Thanksgiving in Plymouth, Massachusetts. They can't wait to see the sights and have a Thanksgiving dinner just like the Pilgrims would have eaten. Then the kids learn about a sapphire necklace that went missing on the real Mayflower. Could the 400-year-old treasure be hidden somewhere nearby? This exciting extension to the A to Z Myst ...more
Published August 28th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2007)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4.0 or better rating
61st out of 292 books — 40 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hobbit, or, There and Back Again by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingGeorge's Marvellous Medicine by Roald DahlMatilda by Roald Dahl
Best Children's books I've read
129th out of 157 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). The super editions are lengthier and more satisfying. I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I c
Robert
Jul 20, 2014 Robert rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-owen
Man, who are these kids' parents to let them get involved in so many dangerous mysteries? Another in Roy Roy's sweet, straight-forward "A-Z Mystery Series", finds our trio of sleuths in Plymouth, MA searching for a hidden necklace that was last seen on the "Mayflower". Though this book suffers like many others in the series with an anti-climax of an ending, the book's first two-thirds fly by with the titular treasure hunt. I've liked pretty much all of this series as entry-level mystery books fo ...more
Marlee
Nov 29, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it
My children both enjoyed this story (ages 10 and 7). My older child definitely enjoyed this book more. Both children loved that there was again a secret message hidden in the pictures. This makes the story even more fun, and keeps the desire to read quickly to discover the message as soon as possible. This is a fun series, and the children in the books are great.
Pam
Nov 25, 2014 Pam rated it it was ok
I didn't really like the story or the writing in this book. I thought it was very easy to figure out the mystery...maybe it's because this is a kids' book and I'm an adult, but there have been lots of books in the parent/child book club that I have loved, so that's not it. I did like the pictures, however, and the fun of finding the letter clues in the picture.
Eliott
Jan 23, 2015 Eliott rated it it was ok
There was Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose. This book was big and slow and kind of boring. I like the mystery stories but I didn't like this one. I'll try another one in this series though because I like the characters.
Jonna VanWienen
Jan 20, 2015 Jonna VanWienen rated it liked it
This super edition of A-Z Mysteries has a fun plot. students coming in with background knowledge of Plymouth and the Mayflower will enjoy this book. Although it is short the book even has foreshadowing and a good twist.
Heidi Leonard
Nov 27, 2014 Heidi Leonard rated it it was amazing
Happy Thanksgiving! I am so glad we went to Plimoth Plantation/Mayflower II and then read this book. Nate bought this book at the PP gift shop. Good pick, Nate!
Kaytee
Aug 03, 2015 Kaytee rated it really liked it
they caught the theif by tricking him that it was in ruth roses eddy bear and the cops were in her closet to get the theif
Dolly
Jul 30, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This was another exciting and adventurous mystery in the A to Z Mysteries series, starring our favorite detectives, Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose. They learn about the Pilgrims journey and hunt for the stolen necklace. The mystery is a bit far-fetched and the kids take far too much liberty, going on a ferry to the opposite end of the state. But it's a fun tale and our girls love these stories. We enjoy the puzzle aspect of the super editions as well, looking for letters in each illustration and tryin ...more
Ice Girl
It is so awesome and great
LONG LIVE RON Roy!!!!!!!!
Viola Sung
Jul 02, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it
I liked it
Queue
Sep 05, 2014 Queue rated it really liked it
We enjoy these slightly longer mysteries by Ron Roy. It draws out the suspense and gives us more time to figure out the puzzle!!
Reagan
May 10, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing
The kids find out about a lost necklace on the Mayflower. They want to find it. Can they find it before someone else finds and steals it?
This book is fantastic! You have got to read this book because it is duper interesting. I really like this book.
Maggie
Nov 29, 2008 Maggie rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book on the day after Thanksgiving because it takes place during the pilgrim and indian time. I learned facts about the pilgrims when they were on the boat coming from England. I learned a lot of people got sick and some people died. They had to sleep in one room all together. It was very interesting after learning about Thanksgiving at school this week.
Brenda
Apr 14, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
As a history buff, I love this book and what I learned from it about the Mayflower. Very believable plot-line, a true mystery, a 400 year-old mystery I should mention and 3 kids determined to solve it. Love it.

I will mention that the illustrations have hidden letters than end in a code, I was unable to find all the letters, so I wish everyone luck :)
Alison
Nov 26, 2010 Alison rated it liked it
A cute read for younger elementary kids this time of year. I learned that the deck where the 102 pilgrims lived for almost 10 weeks on the Mayflower was only 5 1/2 feet tall...let alone the lack of bathrooms, showers, privacy, fresh food... It was a good reminder for all of us of how much those pilgrims went through. They were TOUGH!
Gabriel
Aug 13, 2011 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
I like this book because Dink,Josh, and Ruth Rose get trapped in a replica of the Mayflower!! They are staying in Massachusetts and learning about the pilgrims. You can find the whole series at the NRH Public Libray!
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when dink and his friends visit and see the mayflower and have thanksgiving dinner like the pilgrims they figure out that a sapphire necklace was stolen on the ship and they don't know if its on the ship or not.
Ms. Manz
Oct 22, 2009 Ms. Manz rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the first A to Z Mystery I've ever read. I didn't think the mystery was too exciting, but I really liked looking for letters in all of the pictures to find the secret message!
Addison
Aug 06, 2008 Addison rated it really liked it
My favorite part of this book is when a guy dressed up like an old lady. That was funny!
Anagha
Jul 29, 2011 Anagha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this to my sister. Cute little read. Simple and engaging :)
M-girl
Jul 23, 2013 M-girl rated it really liked it
I liked it because they saw a model of the Mayflower.
Emelia
Apr 22, 2015 Emelia rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-read
Very Fun...read this with my Grandson Oliver...
Brenda
Oct 05, 2008 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a good mystery
Recommended to Brenda by: a friend
On each page you read you say: Wow !!!!
Christian B.
Jun 23, 2009 Christian B. rated it liked it
this A to Z mystery was a good one
Samantha
Dec 24, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
Josh ate a whole pie for dessert.
Heather
May 28, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
loved it:}
Justin
Jul 11, 2012 Justin rated it it was amazing
Read this in 3rd
  • Pilgrims (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #13)
  • Sarah Morton's Day: A Day In The Life Of A Pilgrim Girl
  • You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!: A Trip That Took Entirely Too Long
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • If You Sailed On The Mayflower
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar (Jigsaw Jones, #29)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Scariest Halloween Ever (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Super Special, #7)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition (8 books)
  • Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #1)
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • The Castle Crime (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #6)
  • Operation Orca (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #7)
  • Secret Admirer: (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #8)