Start by marking “Night Sins / Guilty as Sin” as Want to Read:
Night Sins / Guilty as Sin

Night Sins / Guilty as Sin

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,820 ratings  ·  58 reviews
“ONE OF THE MOST INTENSE SUSPENSE WRITERS AROUND.” —CHICAGO TRIBUNE

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag delivers a double shot of suspense in these two adrenaline-charged classic thrillers offered together in one powerful volume.

NIGHT SINS

A peaceful Minnesota town is about to face its worst nightmare. A young boy disappears and the only clue is a note—taunting an
Published December 24th 2008 by Bantam (first published June 29th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Night Sins / Guilty as Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Sins / Guilty as Sin

Mirror Image by Sandra BrownNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerTwilight by Stephenie MeyerWide Awake by Shelly Crane
Bring it on Girl Writers
31st out of 52 books — 5 voters
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Devil Wears Prada by Lauren WeisbergerWhere the Heart Is by Billie LettsBringing Down the House by Ben MezrichNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Movie Better Than Book
9th out of 12 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin
Tami Hoag is my favorite mystery author. Her characters are very complex, and the places that she writes about are incredibly realistic. Unlike many mystery novelists, Tami Hoag develops new characters with each book. I think that this was the only "series" that she's done. These two books, "Night Sins" and "Guilty as Sin," were the very first two books of her's that I stumbled across. A line of Tami Hoag novels now fills my bookshelf. I'm hooked.
Peggy
Night Sins was my first Tami Hoag book and I could not put it down it held me captive and one of very few books that I have read that had me stumped on who was the bad guy. I couldn't wait till the second book came out.
I Loved Guilty as Sin as much as Night Sins. These two books was my beginning of a long list of Tami Hoag books I have read. She is a Great Author
Debi
I loved both books and the characters!! It was worth the read/listen! I loved how Night Sins walked right into Guilty As Sin and really enjoyed both book because of it. Tami Hoag did a great job. If you like a great mystery suspense with a little romance throw in I highly recommend these two book to you!! :)
Sandra Lewis
These stories were very good. I am getting back into reading mysteries. They are hard to put down once you start but its a very good book. I appreciate Desiree putting it on her books that she read. I will read more books by tami hoag in the future.
Amanda
My first time reading Tami Hoag. I found both books interesting, however I seemed to favor Night Sins over Guilty. I would still recommend both books though.
Annette
This series was one of the first romantic mysteries I ever read. She got me hooked one reading again after a long abstance.
Leslie
This book dragged on and on... couldn't wait for it to end.. then found out there was a sequel. Keep the sequel!
Lisa A.
Loved both books! Couldn't put the book down, albeit, as a double book it was quite a pain to tote around.
Jonna
Good story and characters. Not predictable...I thought I had it figured out, but I was so wrong.
Terry
I want more!!!!
Keegan
Thrilling!
Maura
Night Sins - 4/5 - This was a fantastic book...really. The kidnapping plot is so well developed and thought out that even at the end of the book you're not really sure who did it. I can't say that much of anything in this book was predictable and all of it was suspenseful. Meagan and Mitch are a fantastic couple, even though they really shouldn't be a couple. She's from the BCA and is supposed to be a liaison to the police department and Chief of Police, Mitch. Within days they can't keep their ...more
Noreen Rasmussen
I picked this up thinking it's a gritty crime novel but it ended up being predictably lame. Instead of solving the crime, the lead investigators fall for each other. If I wanted to read a harlequin romance I would have! There were flashes of clever lines enuf to tease me on to the end. But I won't be reading the connecting book #2
Rich Swerbinsky
Weird book. A couple people had recommended Tami Hoag to me, it meshed with the genre I like to read, so I gave this one a whirl.

Beginning hit close to home, as the story centers around the abduction of an 8 year old boy (I got one of those). Middle of the book drags. Wanted to throw in the towel on reading this one, it kept me just engaged enough to keep going, and the last 20% was better than I thought it would be, even though it did drag. Bad sign when you're skimming though the final pages j
Stephanie
I read these on my Kindle and the stories were well thought out and there was a lot of suspense. While I wouldn't call these challenging, they make a great beach read and they kept my attention. The characters are interesting, and, while some pieces are a bit trite, overall, I enjoyed the stories very much.
Alicia
Listened to this on audio book and did enjoy it. Many times things where explained in way to much detail leaving me to feel frustrated and wanting it to get the point! Liked the story line and did have unexpected twists and turns. 3.5/5
Diana
In a nutshell - I couldn't put these two books down! Great, thrilling whodunit. I won't spoil the plot for you. In fact, I knew nothing about the plot except for what is on the cover and the words "New York Times Bestseller".
Bethany Hughes
When I first read I had no idea Night Sins was part 1! I was very annoyed when I got to its ending and found out. But was able to quickly obtain the next book. A great two series "book."
Rachelle
Did not like at all really! Took forever to get into, too much predictable romance
Don O'goodreader
Night Sins opens with Hannah Garrison, head ER doctor, staying late to (unsuccessfully) treat the victims of an car accident and her husband Paul Kirkwood ignoring his phone while with his mistress. If you are a Tami Hoag reader, you know what to expect: their Cub Scout son, Josh, was abducted. Welcome to a world of guilt and recrimination.

This is a great book for reading on the airplane, especially a long one like I just took between California and South Africa.

Frenchfri38
Ok the ending of these books were hot, fast paced action packed,just the omg factor..the begining of the book seemed like it was going to be great.. About 90 pages in already some what invested in the book it seemed like Tammy Hoag was just page filling.. way to much babble in these books. If she had stuck to the story at hand I would of given these books the 5 stars. I cant stand a Author that goes into killer detail about every little thing.This was the first book that I had read from her and ...more
Tara
I read the first book not knowing there were 2, I was disappointed the first didnt finish the story so I was obligated to get the second and both drug on so much I felt they could have been cut down to one book.
Susan
Note to self: don't bother with any of Hoag's other novels. Classic New York Times best seller bullshit. Good plot but too predictable and too many absurdities. Classic chick stuff including the steamy scenes. And what is Hoag's obsession with noses? It would be a fun statistic to know how many nose descriptions and references were made in this book. Also, she needs a new editor who is not being paid by the number of words in the book but rather by true interesting content and sentence structure ...more
Dre Mosley
I liked the two books, but I have to say that I felt that perhaps it as all a bit long winded. The two books combined weigh in at nearly 1200 pages. It was well written, but there seemed to be a decent amount of filler scenes.

Also, is everyone in this book carrying a suitcase full of emotional baggage. Never seen an assembly of so many damaged, baggage carrying characters.
Amanda
Jun 17, 2010 Amanda added it
This book(s) was ok. I've read another two book set by this author and they were pretty similar. Sometimes it felt like the author was trying to make everyone a suspect to make it harder to tell who actually did it, but the problem with that is it felt like that's what she was doing. Overall not bad, but probably not something I'd recommend to anyone else.
Michelle
I love Tami Hoag! I do have to say that I like Night Sins alot more than Guilty as Sin. Night Sins pulled me in from the first page and I could not put the book down. I felt like Guilty as Sin was not as fast passed and thrilling as the first book but still enjoyed it.
Melyssa Williams
I didn't know the first book had a sequel, so after getting through the 500 plus page first novel, I was left saying, 'Whaaaa?'
Above average suspense thriller. By the end of the second book though, I was only reading it to find out 'who done it.'
Cherie
I enjoyed this book. I like a good mystery. Lots of things going on in this story. Very involved. You find yourself getting angry, sad and fearful all at once. A gripping suspense about a missing child that leads to the death of another.
Cj
This is one of my favorite books to read so I think that it's safe to say that I read this book every time I can get my hands on it. The relationship between Mitch and Megan was pretty predictable but I didn't mind that at all.
Tariq The genius
May 01, 2009 Tariq The genius is currently reading it
some people think that they dont make mistakes while actually they live their biggest mistake...sins show us the path to the perfection which cant be reached ever.....but we are humanbeings make sins and mistakes
  • The Juror
  • Long After Midnight
  • An Image of Death (Ellie Foreman, #3)
  • To Sketch a Thief (A Portrait of Crime Mystery, #2)
  • Legal Tender (Rosato & Associates, #2)
  • The Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein
  • Silent Witness (Tony Lord #2)
  • Fast Forward
  • Fade (In the company of shadows, #4)
  • Chill of Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #8)
  • Prime Witness (Paul Madriani, #2)
  • The Whisper (Boston Police/FBI, #4)
  • Living Witness (Gregor Demarkian, #24)
  • The Body of David Hayes (Boldt/Matthews, #9)
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag began her professional career writing for Bantam’s Loveswept line of romance novels. In 1988 her first novel, The Trouble With J.J. was published.

With fifteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers to her credit, Hoag has more than 35 million books in print, published in more than twenty languages worldwide. Her first thriller, Night Sins, was made i
More about Tami Hoag...
Ashes to Ashes (Kovac/Liska, #1) Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2) Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1) Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake #2) Prior Bad Acts (Kovac/Liska, #3)

“i have no desire to spend my life dancing backward.” 5 likes