Start by marking “Night Sins / Guilty as Sin” as Want to Read:
Night Sins / Guilty as Sin

Night Sins / Guilty as Sin (Deer Lake #1-2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  2,400 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
“ONE OF THE MOST INTENSE SUSPENSE WRITERS AROUND.” —CHICAGO TRIBUNE

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag delivers a double shot of suspense in these two adrenaline-charged classic thrillers offered together in one powerful volume.

NIGHT SINS

A peaceful Minnesota town is about to face its worst nightmare. A young boy disappears and the only clue is a note—taunting an
Published December 24th 2008 by Bantam (first published June 29th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Night Sins / Guilty as Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Sins / Guilty as Sin

Erin
Jan 05, 2009 Erin rated it it was amazing
Tami Hoag is my favorite mystery author. Her characters are very complex, and the places that she writes about are incredibly realistic. Unlike many mystery novelists, Tami Hoag develops new characters with each book. I think that this was the only "series" that she's done. These two books, "Night Sins" and "Guilty as Sin," were the very first two books of her's that I stumbled across. A line of Tami Hoag novels now fills my bookshelf. I'm hooked.
Debi
Dec 31, 2010 Debi rated it really liked it
I loved both books and the characters!! It was worth the read/listen! I loved how Night Sins walked right into Guilty As Sin and really enjoyed both book because of it. Tami Hoag did a great job. If you like a great mystery suspense with a little romance throw in I highly recommend these two book to you!! :)
Peggy
Jul 13, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Night Sins was my first Tami Hoag book and I could not put it down it held me captive and one of very few books that I have read that had me stumped on who was the bad guy. I couldn't wait till the second book came out.
I Loved Guilty as Sin as much as Night Sins. These two books was my beginning of a long list of Tami Hoag books I have read. She is a Great Author
Sandra Lewis
Mar 05, 2011 Sandra Lewis rated it it was amazing
These stories were very good. I am getting back into reading mysteries. They are hard to put down once you start but its a very good book. I appreciate Desiree putting it on her books that she read. I will read more books by tami hoag in the future.
Annette
Sep 17, 2008 Annette rated it it was amazing
This series was one of the first romantic mysteries I ever read. She got me hooked one reading again after a long abstance.
Amanda
Sep 19, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
My first time reading Tami Hoag. I found both books interesting, however I seemed to favor Night Sins over Guilty. I would still recommend both books though.
Keegan
Jan 21, 2012 Keegan rated it it was amazing
Thrilling!
Lisa A.
Jun 08, 2008 Lisa A. rated it it was amazing
Loved both books! Couldn't put the book down, albeit, as a double book it was quite a pain to tote around.
Leslie
Aug 13, 2009 Leslie rated it did not like it
This book dragged on and on... couldn't wait for it to end.. then found out there was a sequel. Keep the sequel!
Terry
Jan 27, 2011 Terry rated it it was amazing
I want more!!!!
Jonna
Jun 04, 2008 Jonna rated it really liked it
Good story and characters. Not predictable...I thought I had it figured out, but I was so wrong.
Marie Clifton
Nov 18, 2016 Marie Clifton rated it liked it
Not my cup of tea, too much luvvy duvvy
Frau Ott
Mar 14, 2017 Frau Ott rated it really liked it
A mystery that doesn't come together until the last two or three chapters... that will keep you in suspense. A great read.
Eva Asker
Jun 10, 2016 Eva Asker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There i such a diabolical story unfolding in these two books that in every take gets you more uncertain about who is guilty; who is behind the crime and why the innocent, little town and the people is chosen to lose its innocence. There were some of the parts where romance unfolds I at first thought was unneccesary, but the more I read the pieces fell in place.

The story begins with Megans first, hard day as a female agent and cop in the small town where the little boy dissapears, when his mom wh
Maura
John
Dec 18, 2015 John rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-thriller
Why, you ask, did I take so long to read this book? Well, it is really two books, but only one story, and I was so infuriated by "Night Sins" that I almost decided to break my own "I've started, so I'll finish it rule" but I did want to know how the story ended. If I had stopped, then "Night Sin" would have received no stars at all, because the good storytelling is drowned in a mess of heaving bosoms and throbbing body parts, to the extent that it affects the believability of the plot. No the la ...more
Rich Swerbinsky
Aug 18, 2013 Rich Swerbinsky rated it liked it
Weird book. A couple people had recommended Tami Hoag to me, it meshed with the genre I like to read, so I gave this one a whirl.

Beginning hit close to home, as the story centers around the abduction of an 8 year old boy (I got one of those). Middle of the book drags. Wanted to throw in the towel on reading this one, it kept me just engaged enough to keep going, and the last 20% was better than I thought it would be, even though it did drag. Bad sign when you're skimming though the final pages j
Don O'goodreader
Sep 07, 2013 Don O'goodreader rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, mystery
Night Sins opens with Hannah Garrison, head ER doctor, staying late to (unsuccessfully) treat the victims of an car accident and her husband Paul Kirkwood ignoring his phone while with his mistress. If you are a Tami Hoag reader, you know what to expect: their Cub Scout son, Josh, was abducted. Welcome to a world of guilt and recrimination.

This is a great book for reading on the airplane, especially a long one like I just took between California and South Africa.

Susan
Jul 06, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok
Note to self: don't bother with any of Hoag's other novels. Classic New York Times best seller bullshit. Good plot but too predictable and too many absurdities. Classic chick stuff including the steamy scenes. And what is Hoag's obsession with noses? It would be a fun statistic to know how many nose descriptions and references were made in this book. Also, she needs a new editor who is not being paid by the number of words in the book but rather by true interesting content and sentence structure ...more
Frenchfri38
Ok the ending of these books were hot, fast paced action packed,just the omg factor..the begining of the book seemed like it was going to be great.. About 90 pages in already some what invested in the book it seemed like Tammy Hoag was just page filling.. way to much babble in these books. If she had stuck to the story at hand I would of given these books the 5 stars. I cant stand a Author that goes into killer detail about every little thing.This was the first book that I had read from her and ...more
Stephanie
Apr 18, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I read these on my Kindle and the stories were well thought out and there was a lot of suspense. While I wouldn't call these challenging, they make a great beach read and they kept my attention. The characters are interesting, and, while some pieces are a bit trite, overall, I enjoyed the stories very much.
Amanda
May 21, 2010 Amanda added it
This book(s) was ok. I've read another two book set by this author and they were pretty similar. Sometimes it felt like the author was trying to make everyone a suspect to make it harder to tell who actually did it, but the problem with that is it felt like that's what she was doing. Overall not bad, but probably not something I'd recommend to anyone else.
Dre Mosley
Jun 29, 2013 Dre Mosley rated it liked it
I liked the two books, but I have to say that I felt that perhaps it as all a bit long winded. The two books combined weigh in at nearly 1200 pages. It was well written, but there seemed to be a decent amount of filler scenes.

Also, is everyone in this book carrying a suitcase full of emotional baggage. Never seen an assembly of so many damaged, baggage carrying characters.
DK
Sep 24, 2015 DK rated it it was amazing
What did I <\i> think? You really can't go wrong with Tami Hoag. She's one of my favorites. Her plots are suspenseful, her characters are real, her descriptions seat me in the middle a scene as if I'm there, and her twists never let me down on surprise.

Now, if I can just get her to back off of the metaphors.
Noreen
Jun 28, 2014 Noreen rated it it was ok
I picked this up thinking it's a gritty crime novel but it ended up being predictably lame. Instead of solving the crime, the lead investigators fall for each other. If I wanted to read a harlequin romance I would have! There were flashes of clever lines enuf to tease me on to the end. But I won't be reading the connecting book #2
Diana
Aug 01, 2014 Diana rated it really liked it
In a nutshell - I couldn't put these two books down! Great, thrilling whodunit. I won't spoil the plot for you. In fact, I knew nothing about the plot except for what is on the cover and the words "New York Times Bestseller".
Kerstin Severien
Aug 20, 2012 Kerstin Severien rated it really liked it
This is in the series about Deer Lake. I read these books the first time when I lived in Minnesota, somI know what the wints are like.
The suspense is building up as you read and its hard to put the book down.
Lisa
Aug 29, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
Good two books in one. Regular murder mystery with a few interesting and clever twists.Reading one to the other, although good as a linked storyline, showed clear repition of ideas and predictability.
Alicia
Mar 27, 2014 Alicia rated it liked it
Listened to this on audio book and did enjoy it. Many times things where explained in way to much detail leaving me to feel frustrated and wanting it to get the point! Liked the story line and did have unexpected twists and turns. 3.5/5
Deborah Robb
Jan 01, 2015 Deborah Robb rated it really liked it
Good book. Kept me guessing til the end as to who had kidnapped a little boy and killed a second boy. The police have arrested a neighbor of the little boy that was kidnapped but have they arrested the right guy?
  • The Juror
  • Long After Midnight
  • To Sketch a Thief (A Portrait of Crime Mystery, #2)
  • Fast Forward
  • The Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein
  • Living Witness (Gregor Demarkian, #24)
  • Silent Witness (Tony Lord #2)
  • Devil's Plaything (Nat Idle #2)
  • Prime Witness (Paul Madriani, #2)
  • The Perfect Couple (The Last Stand, #4)
  • See How She Dies
  • Dead or Alive (Kevin Kerney, #12)
  • Shunning Sarah (Riley Spartz, #5)
  • Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #3)
  • Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #2)
  • The President's Daughter
  • Pleading Guilty (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #3)
  • The Killer's Wife
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more
More about Tami Hoag...

Deer Lake (2 books)
  • Night Sins (Deer Lake, #1)
  • Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake, #2)

“i have no desire to spend my life dancing backward.” 9 likes