Start by marking “The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home: Fast Solutions to Hundreds of Everyday Dilemmas” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  17 reviews
How can I reduce sibling bickering? Can I plan a memorable birthday party without breaking the bank? How do I display my faith in God to my children? When busy moms have questions like these, they
Published July 23rd 2008 by Tyndale Momentum

To ask other readers questions about The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home

DeNise
So, I am a big clutter bug. I really have turned over a new leaf, but with a husband that wont get rid of anything and two kids it is a struggle. I am ALWAYS trying to get organized to no avail. I have bought lots of get organized books that just frustrate me more.

However, This is a Great reference book with many ideas for getting organized. I have implemented her "command center" idea of having one spot for folders for important categories. I went to Ikea and got magazine holders for the books
Corinne
I feel cheated. This is almost exactly the same book as "The Family Manager Takes Charge: Getting on the Fast Track to a Happy, Organized Home" http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11... The title is different, she doesn't call running a household "running a business" anymore and the chapters are re-organized a bit and she mentions God more but it is essentially the same exact book. (On closer inspection she seems to have added two new chapters titled MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS ...more
Proud Book Nerd
While I found some of the tips to be things that I already do, I found many more useful tips. Many were things that I thought, "why haven't I figured that out yet?" It just seemed so obvious! LOL This book is filled with lots of useful things to help make running the household much easier. Well, maybe not easier, but less stressful.

One thing I didn't like was that I got the impression that Peel thinks the home/kids/family domain are solely the mother's job. That the man works for his family, an
Angela
Mar 28, 2010 Angela marked it as to-read
Shelves: home-family

The Most Important Things to Remember

1. People are more important than things.

2. There are no standards but your own. Every family has to decide how clean is clean enough.

3. The more you accumulate, the more you have to clean and maintain -and the more time it takes to do it.

4. When your kids grow up and leave home, they won’t remember if the towels were folded in perfect 16-inch squares in the linen closet; they will remember if your home was a good place
Mandy J. Hoffman
MY REVIEW:

Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Do you feel like you are always busy?

Do you long for way to simplify your life?

If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then The Busy Mom's Guide could be the book of the year for you!

In an easy reading format this book provides help and encouragement for the organized and unorganized Mom alike. It is fun to read straight through or easy to read in any order you need. It also is a great book to read a page a day with-out feeling like you're lost.
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
I don't know of any woman who wouldn't like to be more together and organized in her own home, myself included! I'd heard of Kathy Peel but this is the first book of hers that I've read.

This is a fabulous addition to any home library. I do think it could be a bit overwhelming if you tried to read and implement everything all at once, as it's a dense book, packed with all sorts of information and home management tools. This is a great book for someone just starting out with home organization, an
Jessie
This is a really good book. It is full of very useful ideas on how to manage anything, from organizing, to homework, to getting plenty of sleep. There are some ideas I have heard, and others that would have never crossed my mind. I love that, at the end of the book, she has a whole list of helpful websites you can refer to for further help. This is the kind of book you will continue to use over the years, you can always refer back to it as your life and needs change. I definitely recommend this ...more
Alice-Anne
I mostly skimmed this book...I always feel this desire to read an organization book at the beginning of the new year to get me back on track. I liked her ideas about running your home like a business (with goals, visions, purposes, priorities etc) and taking the time to nail down those priorities so it's reflective in how you run your home. But in terms the nitty-gritty organization techniques...I think "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker" is much better reference.
Alisa
Overall, she had some great ideas. I especially liked how she viewed mothers as "family managers" and the 7 different areas we manage. Some of the ideas I definitely want to take to heart. It could be easy to feel overwhelmed reading this book in all that you can do/have the option to do, but I just read it with thinking of options, not thinking I had to do every single thing. Also a great list of Web sites at the end for each section.
Kelly
This book was okay - there was nothing new or profound for me in it. I definitely liked the first half better than the last half of the book. There were some good reminders in there for me. I felt the author put a bit too much on how to parent in the family section, rather than keeping the emphasis on being an organized parent. Also, a little too many references to god and religion for my liking.
Lisa
(Non-Fiction Mothering-Organization) Many of the chapters in this book felt like they could have appeared in women's magazines. My favorite parts of this book were Peel's "Things to Remember" in each chapter. They are great reminders of how moms should prioritize the things in our life and they help moms remember what's the most important.
Andrea
This had a lot of great ideas for getting organized. Of course we're not all the same so some things work and some things don't. I like her approach to family organization--that it's not just a way for mom to rule everything, it gets everyone involved--and I love that she has strong Christian values that factor into planning.
Courtney
I think I was just the wrong audience for this book. I was looking for a book more specifically on decluttering and organizing your home and possessions. This book was more about organizing your life (i.e. keeping your kids' appointments straight), although it does touch on decluttering.
Candese Nieves
Good advice, some things that would really work for me. But there are a few things that work only if you have good time to spare.
Beth
I'm trying to read this, but I'm wondering about a book for busy mom's that is as densely packed as this one is.
Valerie Gay
There are lots of great tips that I have come across so far.
Michelle
I love reading organizational books. She has lots of good ideas
Julie
Julie is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Charlisa
Charlisa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 18, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Karyn Osinowo
Karyn Osinowo marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Family Manager Takes Charge: Getting on the Fast Track to a Happy, Organized Home The Family Manager Desperate Households: How to Restore Order and Harmony to Your Life and Home The Family Manager's Everyday Survival Guide The Family Manager's Guide To Summer Survival: Make the Most of Summer Vacation with Fun Family Activities, Games, and More!