Woman, Thou Art Loosed!: Devotional

Woman, Thou Art Loosed!: Devotional

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  2,614 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Devotions taken from Woman, Thou Art Loosed, the stories show the triumphs, failures, trials, and faith of women in God's Word, and offer inspiration to women everywhere.
Published March 1st 1997 by Bethany House Publishers (first published August 1st 1993)

Kat
This book was okay. I read the 20th anniversary edition and watched the video clips at the beginning of each chapter. I remember someone giving my mom this book as a gift when I was little. I'd heard so much about it since then that I just knew it was a book every christian woman needed to read. I was disappointed. I have never been a T.D. Jakes fan so I was kind of skeptical about reading it but since it is so well known I decided to make this my first T.D. Jakes read.

This book was all over th...more
Dawn
This was a wonderful book by christian author and Bishop T.D. Jakes. It is a story of a couple who seem to have everything; good careers, faith, and good friends within their church. However, when their daughter goes missing everything is in question and painful pasts get revealed. It is a book about hope, regrets,and learning to forgive through faith.
Janelle

Woman Thou Art Loose! Wow, T.D. Jakes exposes the truth behind the struggles of everyday women. I love the mysterious tone in which he writes this story. However, while being mysterious he still keeps the reader in tune to what is going on through clues and hints without actually saying what is wrong. His writing in here has a feel of a poetic flow.

Jakes speaks on a young woman that was raped by her step father, imprisoned, and lost. This story speaks volumes on issues that women are not ready...more
Wanda
It was a good, quick read, but nothing life changing for me. I don't like how Bishop TD Jakes has himself as a character in the book, that seemed pompous. In this case, I can say I liked the movie better, but the book is great to read bc you can get in the character's headspace.
I did learn something about myself though and it is that I'm nowhere near as close to God as I wish I were. My faith would have been much like Michelle's, and it pisses me off that a molester can give his sins to God in t...more
Angela
Wow. I can usually read a book in a day; this one took me a few days because it touched very sensitive areas in my heart. This book is a powerful tool to help women realize that God intends for us to live a life free from shame of our past..victorious in His promise.
Havebooks Willread
I know I've probably been living under a rock or something, but I don't know anything about the author, T.D. Jakes. And I will concede that my reading of this novel is my sole exposure to the man or his teaching. But I've come away from it thinking "Wow! We might be getting a little mixed up as to who we are worshiping here! It's good to use God-given gifts in spreading the Word, but we need to be careful we are pointing people to the Savior and the cross. We need to not get the messenger in the...more
Janell
I taught from this book in Church in a class for abused women. It is very informative and it helps in some healing.
Terri Carle
This book brings healing to your hurt, damaged degraded, torn down, shattered self image, self esteem and soul. It is like God helps TD Jakes look right into your hurt and see what caused that pain. you need to read if you have hurt in your life. in your past.
Kathleen
This a book that surprised me a great deal. I didn'r expect to be so enlightened as I was. It speaks to the heart of a woman, how we live, the hurts, the expectations we put on ourselves and what the Lord expects of us. The voice of the writer is direct, interesting and continually surprised me because although the writer is a man of God, but he is still a man, speaking to a womans heart. The book takes the wounds, or broken heart, or dashed expectation, or lost innocents, or whatever pain you m...more
Natasha Connally
I enjoyed much of what T.D. Jakes had to say. But I kind of got the feeling that this book was written for a slightly older demographic.
Heather Cottrell
T.D. Jakes touches on practically every area where a woman might be wounded. Very healing. Read slowly and prayerfully.
Pamela
great book...all womens should read it...I have over many of times...and I Love it much!

Joy kekae
Susan
Can I give this book 10 STARS? At a time in my life when I was Queen of self-help books & spending a fortune on them to boot, I can't say enough about how much this book helped me. It talks about women repeating the same mistakes with men over and over again, in an attempt to make it right. Well guess what, we don't have to! All we have to do is recognize and change our patterns. Really, it makes MUCH more sense if you just READ THIS BOOK. Ladies, if you're having man troubles, and you can o...more
Garnetgirl
If I could read only 3 or 4 books in my lifetime, this would be one of them, hands down!

Written in an uncomplicated but heartfelt style, this book heals. It starts healing within the first few pages. You can feel the balm of Gilead spreading within you as you read. In succinct phrases, T.D. Jakes delivers the love of God the Father to the wounded and bound woman. With that love you will be loosed from whatever prison holds you captive. I doubt that there is another book written quite like this o...more
Ashti
My God-Sister gave me this book to read and i loved it from front to back!!!

Let Go of the past, regardles of the circumstance!!!

Let Go and Let God, is what i try to live by but it's easier said than done. T.D. Jakes definitely has a knack for relating to people, then again, he has been Blessed by the Lord where he speaks thru him and its done in such a way that it gives you a sense of pure Love and this book does the same!!!

I recommend it to every woman and man!!!

A perfect read!!!
Goddess Alicia
I use this book periodically now and then. It was an intricate part in my healing process and understanding what I was going through. God is always a big part of my life and Jakes intricately fused the Lords teachings with very specific obstacles any survivor of sexual abuse must face on a day to day basis. I love that he makes all his references from the bible and speaks to the soul of the pain. Can never get tired of revisiting these powerful movements that heal your soul.
Rebecca
Sandra
This book has opened my eyes not only about who I am and my womanhood but it has shed so much light on other females in my life, especially my mother! I enjoyed reading this book. One important aspect for me was that I had to read this book in increments because it touched me so deeply. I would recommend this book to any woman who wants to look past her PAST and know that God has!!! I will be looking into purchasing the "Woman Thou Art Loosed Bible".
Rena Maureen
I have read only some of this book as it spoke volumes to me at a time I was not ready to deal with certain aspects of my life.
For any woman who has suffered abuse in any way this book is a beautiful writing of understanding the love and healing offered by the Lord. Jesus understood the woman at the well. he understands what we have gone through and still calls us precious.
Tanaya
Mar 25, 2008 Tanaya rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women..but also men
Recommended to Tanaya by: My Aunt
Jeneah
Oct 08, 2008 Jeneah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people needing encouragement
what starts as a marred life, turns into a life beginning to heal. bishop td jakes surprised me with his storytelling abilities. as heavy as the material is, it is a pretty easy and fast read. although i will say, the movie did not meet my expectations after reading this. still a beautiful story of God's love and healing powers.
Ashley
I read this in high school... and while I remember liking it okay, it wasn't a fav of mine. Granted, this could be an unfair review because I typically hate being told what to read (I like reading books that suit my fancy at the time). So maybe I'll reread this later on, and see if it grabs me.
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A spectacular book written for any woman who has had hurt, betrayal, abuse and ridicule in her life. T.D. Jakes has an extraordinary insight into the hearts of women and this book brings God's hope and restoration to the broken. One of my all time favourite Christian books.
Tebogo Mmoloke
At times we are raised under negative circumstances we cannot change or control. It is tough to change from a situation you were raised under, it is through acceping Christ in your life,by giving your life completely over to God, that we can cahnge our past.
Shaunda
This is a great book! Bishop Jakes tells this fictional story of these women who of course represent women in real life. Their stories help you to see your wounds, or your broken heart, that maybe you weren't aware was there. Pick this book up.
Susan
This was a difficult book to go through because the story is hard to swallow. Horrific but real. I have no doubt there are many persons who can relate. The plot, the reality of the characters, and the reality of the story are what makes the book.
Shalonda Williams
The story here was great. It took you to a realistic situation of what happens to more people than we think. T.D. Jakes gave us a look into what can happen if we are not fully healed from our past or our insecurities. Everyone has a story.
Angélique
3 1/2 Stars. This was a nice, evocative, inspirational book; however, I must say that the movie was better. There were some parts that just seemed...not necessarily boring, but just more difficult to sit through without getting distracted.
Levette Marie
Jan 22, 2011 Levette Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lakesha Brown
Still reading this... I really need to focus on 1 book at a time! I love TD Jakes and the way he is able to communicate new perspectives. I already know, I'm going to be a whole new woman after reading this. I'll update when I'm done.
  • Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose
  • Secrets of the Vine: Breaking Through to Abundance
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • Storm Warning
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • The Final Quest
  • It's Not about Me: Rescue from the Life We Thought Would Make Us Happy
  • The Bondage Breaker
  • The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl...more
More about T.D. Jakes...
Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord Not Easily Broken Let it Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven Cover Girls

“The brilliance of morning is in sharp contrast with the darkness of night" - Woman thou art loosed” 14 likes