Start by marking “Skeletons” as Want to Read:
Skeletons

Skeletons

In Moscow, the sound of bones echoes across Red Square. In America, skeletons patrol the streets of Manhattan and blood stains the confields of the Midwest. While in Washington, D. C., Abraham Lincoln is heading for his third term in the White House.

The best-and worst-of humanity are back with a vengenace, a skeletal army hell-bent on conquering the living and uniting the
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published June 1st 1992 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Skeletons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skeletons

Stephen
Mar 27, 2014 Stephen rated it really liked it
Horror and terror with some comic relief. Well told tale. Completely enjoyed. New spin on starting over.
Jason Bradley Thompson
Jul 09, 2013 Jason Bradley Thompson rated it did not like it
The earth passes through an area of "strange plasma, space fog, unknown gas particles, or whatever" (actual quote), causing every animal which has every lived to rise from the grave, all the way back to dinosaurs. (Do they need to have intact skeletons? It's unclear. For that matter, isn't the soil itself mostly made of the remains of millions of dead plants and animals?) The dead have all their memories and personalities, but they're bad-tempered and have an irrational hatred for living humans ...more
Kevin Lucia
Dec 31, 2016 Kevin Lucia rated it really liked it
An interesting take on the "zombie apocalypse" trope. Like Bian Keene's "The Rising" we have something other than a virus, or radioactive sludge, and there's the hint of a Higher Hand behind the rising of the skeletons, but that's pretty much eclipsed by the epic cast of characters which, fortunately, is engrossing enough to make you know care too much about the 'why' of the skeletons' rise. Honestly, what was more interesting than anything was Sarrrantonio's ideas of what would happen with so m ...more
Patti
Jul 16, 2013 Patti rated it did not like it
I didn't finish it, so this review is only for the first third or so of the book.

Anyone who reads my reviews knows my feelings on sentient zombies. Guess I shoulda actually READ the description when I put it on my TBR list instead of just going by a list of "good" zombie books.

I have trouble enough with sentient zombies, but sentient skeletons? How the hell are they talking? How the hell are they moving?

I just gave up. Too many good books out there to waste time on one I'm damn sure I won't lik
Fishface
Jan 30, 2016 Fishface rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, horror
Goofy little novel about all the dead people on earth coming back to life as very angry skeletons and making war on the living. Interesting detours into what (after) life is like as a skeleton, from the point of view of dead folk like Abe Lincoln.
Sal Dinapoli
Sep 02, 2014 Sal Dinapoli rated it it was amazing
FAntastic book, I've read it about 5 times, and want to find it and read it again!
Ricki
May 03, 2015 Ricki rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, bookclub
Very cool premise and very interesting story. Pacing, though, was not the fastest, and I found it slowed my reading down.
Nathan Moore
Aug 02, 2011 Nathan Moore rated it liked it
One of my favorite. Abraham Lincoln back as president. Hitler back in control or Geremany, The Beatles again on top of the music charts...al at the same time.
Tove Henn
Tove Henn rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Jessie Pav-Cav
Jessie Pav-Cav rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Joseph Malatesta
Joseph Malatesta rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Stacie
Stacie rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Jordan West
Jordan West rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2010
Ron Bird Jr
Ron Bird Jr rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2012
J. W.
J. W. rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Trilobyte
Trilobyte rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Robin Davidson
Robin Davidson rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2017
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Jaimi Chambers
Jaimi Chambers rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Gerald Rice
Gerald Rice rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2010
s.j.
s.j. rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
J Charles  Mattingly
J Charles Mattingly rated it really liked it
May 19, 2011
Arthur
Arthur rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
John Boden
John Boden rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
B
B rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2016
TJ
TJ rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Al Sarrantonio (born May 25, 1952, in New York City) is an American horror and science fiction author who has published, over the past thirty years, more than forty books and sixty short stories. He has also edited numerous anthologies and has been called “a master anthologist” by Booklist.

Wikipedia entry: Al Sarrantonio
More about Al Sarrantonio...