Start by marking “Sands Of Time” as Want to Read:
Sands Of Time

Sands Of Time

A brilliant collection of haunting tales, from the Sunday Times bestselling author of Lady of Hay.
Paperback
Published April 5th 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Sands Of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sands Of Time

Erin
Nov 10, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok
I'm a huge fan of Barbara Erskine and I will assure other readers to not think this collection shows the extent of her talents. On the other hand, I truly understand the disappointment of my fellow readers. Erskine jams a rather large quantity of short stories in this collection and the stories begin to appear too similar to be outstanding. By the end, the characters all seemed to have the same storyline.
Gina
Aug 08, 2011 Gina added it
Excellent in terms of tying up the story to 'Whispers in the Sand,' The other short short stories - although quite repetitive after a while are a nice bonus, I would definately highly recommend this to fans of Erksine.
Stephanie Woods
Did not enjoy the short stories.
Caroline
Aug 23, 2011 Caroline rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Not a big fan of short stories, so didn't really enjoy this book that much x x
Sharon Reeves
Aug 27, 2013 Sharon Reeves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Barbara Erskine books, I have read every one and I could not wait to get my hands on this book, as having read 'Whispers in the Sand', I was desperate to read the next part of the story.

I really loved reading this story, as I felt I had a conclusion to the story 'Whispers in the Sand', which gripped me in a way that I really did not expect. The short stories that are included are an added extra. Highly recommended , but please read Whispers in the sand first - you won't be disappoi
Aileen
Feb 16, 2010 Aileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story collection contained some very good stories, in particular the two follow-ups to Whispers in the Sand. Some of the others, I felt could have been expanded on. However I thought the majority seemed to be variations of the same theme and much too similar to enjoy reading so close together. I think I much prefer the author's epic tales.
Cathie
Nov 13, 2007 Cathie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked some of the stories in Sands of Time and some were not up to Barbara Erskine's talent. Sands of Time is a book of approximately seven short stories, but I only liked about half of the stories so I can only give this 3 stars.
Melanie Bonnici
Sep 02, 2012 Melanie Bonnici rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It seemed like all the short stories had practically the same plot. It got boring after a while.
Leah Phillips
Jul 09, 2013 Leah Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best Erskine I have read. After this book I became obsessed with Egypt... Loved it!
Grace-Elisa
The stories are too predictable and formulaic.
Rachel
May 06, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely collection of short stories, some better than others in my opinion, but it definitely makes for some nice, relaxed summer-time reading.
Sharon
Aug 28, 2013 Sharon marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Tania Easton
Not that great, I didnt like all the short stories and they were all the same. But it was good to read the 2 short stories that finish Whisper's in the sand.
Eman
May 08, 2010 Eman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If a movie can be suspensful and edge-of-the-seat, then so can this book.
Kim Stewart
Jul 14, 2012 Kim Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book because of the continuing stories of Anna and Louisa from Whispers in the Sand. I don't often read short stories but enjoyed this very much!
Lisa
Jan 10, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Barbara Erskine bring past with present and weaver people lives together. One of my top 3 writers.
Tania
I Love this author!
Samantha Niette
Apr 13, 2015 Samantha Niette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this collection much more than the first one I read (distant voices, I think). The two follow ups to whispers in the sand were great!
George
Jul 17, 2012 George rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of short stories. All 'ghost stories'. Beautifully written.
Hermi Visser
I guess I'm not one for short stories....
Rosslyn
Aug 08, 2011 Rosslyn rated it it was ok
Am I missing something? I really haven't enjoyed the two books of hers I have read!
Wendy
Aug 04, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read
Sue
Jan 29, 2014 Sue rated it liked it
I'm not a huge fan of short stories but enjoyed these. I liked the link between the first and last story.
Wilna
Wilna rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2011
Amanda Gray
Amanda Gray rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Lisa Borchert
Lisa Borchert rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
T.A. Lean
T.A. Lean rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2012
M A Redhead
M A Redhead rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Camila
Camila rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2017
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2011
  • The Lamp of the Wicked (Merrily Watkins, #5)
  • Second Sight (The Admiral's Elite, #1)
  • The Court of the Midnight King
  • Tower of Silence
  • My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)
  • The Dragon Queens (Mystique Trilogy, #2)
  • Days Without Number
  • The Cold Calling
  • Dreaming Dangerously: Children of the Psi Book One
  • To Sleep No More
  • The Inheritor (Occult Tales, #2)
  • Winnetou IV: Ahli Waris Winnetou
  • Discover Atlantis: A Guide to Reclaiming the Wisdom of the Ancients
  • Nobody True
An historian by training, Barbara Erskine is the author of six bestselling novels that demonstrate her interest in both history and the supernatural, plus two collections of short stories. Her books have appeared in at least twenty different languages. She lives with her family in an ancient manor house near Colchester, and in a cottage near Hay-on-Wye.
More about Barbara Erskine...