Sands Of Time

Sands Of Time

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A brilliant collection of haunting tales, from the Sunday Times bestselling author of Lady of Hay.
Paperback
Published April 5th 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 1st 2003)

Gina
Aug 08, 2011 Gina added it
Excellent in terms of tying up the story to 'Whispers in the Sand,' The other short short stories - although quite repetitive after a while are a nice bonus, I would definately highly recommend this to fans of Erksine.
Caroline
Not a big fan of short stories, so didn't really enjoy this book that much x x
Stephanie Woods
Did not enjoy the short stories.
Rachel
Lovely collection of short stories, some better than others in my opinion, but it definitely makes for some nice, relaxed summer-time reading.
Sharon Reeves
I really love Barbara Erskine books, I have read every one and I could not wait to get my hands on this book, as having read 'Whispers in the Sand', I was desperate to read the next part of the story.

I really loved reading this story, as I felt I had a conclusion to the story 'Whispers in the Sand', which gripped me in a way that I really did not expect. The short stories that are included are an added extra. Highly recommended , but please read Whispers in the sand first - you won't be disappoi...more
Aileen
This short story collection contained some very good stories, in particular the two follow-ups to Whispers in the Sand. Some of the others, I felt could have been expanded on. However I thought the majority seemed to be variations of the same theme and much too similar to enjoy reading so close together. I think I much prefer the author's epic tales.
Cathie
I liked some of the stories in Sands of Time and some were not up to Barbara Erskine's talent. Sands of Time is a book of approximately seven short stories, but I only liked about half of the stories so I can only give this 3 stars.
Kim Stewart
I picked up this book because of the continuing stories of Anna and Louisa from Whispers in the Sand. I don't often read short stories but enjoyed this very much!
Tania Easton
Not that great, I didnt like all the short stories and they were all the same. But it was good to read the 2 short stories that finish Whisper's in the sand.
Sharon
Aug 28, 2013 Sharon marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lisa Shears
I love how Barbara Erskine bring past with present and weaver people lives together. One of my top 3 writers.
Sue
I'm not a huge fan of short stories but enjoyed these. I liked the link between the first and last story.
Melanie Bonnici
It seemed like all the short stories had practically the same plot. It got boring after a while.
Sigrid Eckhart
Always get excited when I see a new title by Barbara Erskine but I just don't enjoy short stories.
Rosslyn
Am I missing something? I really haven't enjoyed the two books of hers I have read!
Leah Phillips
The best Erskine I have read. After this book I became obsessed with Egypt... Loved it!
George
A collection of short stories. All 'ghost stories'. Beautifully written.
Eman
If a movie can be suspensful and edge-of-the-seat, then so can this book.
Wendy
Another great read
Tania
I Love this author!
Holly
Nov 01, 2010 Holly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting!
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jennifer Garcia
Jennifer Garcia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Lilli
Lilli marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Isabel Girao
Isabel Girao marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • Answer Me
  • One Thousand Chestnut Trees: a Novel of Korea
  • Ulverton
  • Daughters Of The House
  • My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)
  • The Search for Nefertiti: The True Story of an Amazing Discovery
  • Days Without Number
  • The Dragon Queens (Mystique Trilogy, #2)
  • Lord of the Two Lands
  • Nobody True
  • The War of the Crowns (Queen of Freedom, #2)
An historian by training, Barbara Erskine is the author of six bestselling novels that demonstrate her interest in both history and the supernatural, plus two collections of short stories. Her books have appeared in at least twenty different languages. She lives with her family in an ancient manor house near Colchester, and in a cottage near Hay-on-Wye.
More about Barbara Erskine...
Lady of Hay House of Echoes Kingdom of Shadows Midnight is a Lonely Place Whispers in the Sand