Start by marking “Toolbox Twins” as Want to Read:
Toolbox Twins

Toolbox Twins

Join in the fun with this father-son fix-it team

Vincent and his daddy are a fix-it team. One by one they use the trusty tools in their toolboxes—from hammers and nails to saws and shears—and make repairs around the house.

Engaging rhymes and playful illustrations introduce young children to the popular subject of tools and the concept of making broken things new again.

Too
Published August 22nd 2006 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Toolbox Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toolbox Twins

Courtney Canino
Toolbox Twins by Lola M. Schaefer is a childrens picture book that is best for early childhood readers. The main characters in this book are Vincent and his dad. The setting of this book is around the house inside and out, where Vincent and his dad live. The plot of the story is that Vincent and his dad both have matching toolboxes and they fix things around the house that are not working correctly. When they fix them they also include the sounds they make while fixing them. The main ideas of th ...more
Jessica Vu
Another fun book by Lola Schaefer. Many students,especially boys can relate to this book and girls can boost about the person in their home who fixes everything. Thus, a self-to-text lesson would be great for this book.
It has some fun rhyming
It can be read in science when discussing simple machines
babyhippoface
Jan 19, 2012 babyhippoface rated it it was ok
Vincent and his daddy both have toolboxes. They use their hammers, awls, levels, saws, pliers and more to fix things around the house.

I read this to PreK when they were learning about tools. It's okay, but I probably won't borrow it from the public library next year. They liked Chris Monroe's picture book about Chico Bon Bon, Monkey with a Tool Belt, much better. (Who wouldn't?)
Nikki
May 08, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it
My son Loves this book! My husband is our Mr. Fix it, and our son loves helping him, so seeing this father/son fixing things around the house intrigues him. He likes that Vincent has his own toolbox and tools, just like his daddy. I like the use of the tools' names and sounds they make in the rhymes. My son likes to look at the pictures of the tools and see how they use them to fix things.
Christine McKenna Lok
May 21, 2015 Christine McKenna Lok rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tools
Cute rhymes, lots of little projects for Vincent and Dad to work on together. Mom's in the background with a baby in a couple of scenes. I'm on the lookout for similar books with less predictable gender roles, but this world is what lots of kids will see at home.
Erin
I like that the dad and boy work together to fix things. I really wish the mom was doing more than watching the baby and doing dishes, though.

Good for preschool and toddler storytimes.
Sylvester
Sep 26, 2014 Sylvester rated it really liked it
2* art
4* story

Squirt just loves this book because, of course, he has a toolbox and daddy has one too.
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Maija
Maija rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Ray Michaels
Ray Michaels rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2014
Kara Anderson
Kara Anderson rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Janae
Janae rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Sinuda
Sinuda rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2014
molliekay
molliekay rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Zoya
Zoya rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Aspasia
Aspasia rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2011
Caleb
Caleb rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Stephanie Rennie
Stephanie Rennie rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Carol Reich
Carol Reich rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Edward Sullivan
Edward Sullivan rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Milka
Milka rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Alivia
Alivia rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2009
Edward Creter
Edward Creter rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Jasmine Olivia
Jasmine Olivia rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013