Start by marking “Zack's Story: Growing Up with Same-Sex Parents” as Want to Read:
Zack's Story: Growing Up with Same-Sex Parents

Zack's Story: Growing Up with Same-Sex Parents

2.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A series of photographic essays, Meeting the Challenge demonstrates how young people facing a variety of special challenges make the adjustments their situations require. Each book tells the story of one child's day-to-day life, from the child's point of view. A strong supplement for school counseling programs.
Published July 3rd 1997 by Lerner Publishing Group (first published October 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Zack's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zack's Story

Lara
Apr 05, 2011 Lara rated it liked it
The pictures are dated, but otherwise it's a nice family story about a boy named Zack growing up with his mom and her lesbian partner.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Jun 04, 2009 ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: absolutely nobody!
I do NOT like this children's book.

A direct quote from the book: I've heard some kids say really mean things about gay and lesbian people. When I told my mother this, she said, "The problem is not with us. It's with them."

I disagree with this as EVERYONE is allowed to have their opinion and this book pushes only their side of it. I do not appreciate being told that the problem is with me if I don't agree with them. Yes, people shouldn't be rude about it, but we are entitled to our opinions. Th
Jessica Levitt
Nov 04, 2012 Jessica Levitt rated it it was ok
Shelves: edes-546
The photographs date this book, although the message still applies - growing up with same-sex parents makes you no different from any other family as long as you love each other. It would be a suitable resource to recommend to parents looking for a resource to share with their child, but because of the length of the essays accompanying each illustration it would not be very accessible for its intended audience of younger readers. I don't think I would include this title in my school library.
Jasmin Thompson
Apr 24, 2012 Jasmin Thompson rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
This is great book to have in your library. We live in a diverse world, so students may have questions about these issues. This book can be used to introduce a lesson about same sex parents or to explain what is a biography.
Chris Young
Jun 17, 2014 Chris Young rated it liked it
Zack describes being raised by his two moms. A harmless enough "lesson" book about tolerance, but nothing to write home about.
Bryanna Reid
Bryanna Reid rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2016
Miriah
Miriah added it
Jan 24, 2016
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Lauren Cockburn
Lauren Cockburn marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Cesar
Cesar marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Miracle
Miracle marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Cierra
Cierra added it
Feb 24, 2014
Missy
Missy added it
Aug 26, 2013
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Cheri
Cheri added it
Mar 31, 2013
Elizabeth Mcdonough
Elizabeth Mcdonough rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
May 27, 2011
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2011
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2009
Keith Elliot Greenberg is a New York Times bestselling author and producer for America's Most Wanted. In addition to producing programs for VH1, 48 Hours, MSNBC Investigates, the History Channel, and Court TV, among others, Greenberg has authored more than thirty nonfiction books and written for such outlets as Maxim, The Village Voice, The New York Observer, USA Today, Playboy.com, and US Weekly. ...more
More about Keith Elliot Greenberg...