Start by marking “The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)

The Stowaway Solution (On The Run #4)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,724 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
The thrills take to the seas in the latest breakneck-speed adventure from ace storyteller Gordon Korman.
Aiden and Meg Falconer are on the hunt for the one man who might be able to free their parents from jail. The hitch? There are plenty of other people on the hunt for THEM, including the FBI and an eerie, hairless killer. After one close call too many, the Falconers find
Published October 1st 2005 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Stowaway Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stowaway Solution

I Want to Go Home! by Gordon KormanThis Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall! by Gordon KormanBeware the Fish! by Gordon KormanGo Jump in the Pool! by Gordon KormanNo More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman
The Best of Gordon Korman
13th out of 45 books — 27 voters
Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterPoint Blank by Anthony HorowitzScorpia by Anthony HorowitzEagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
151st out of 234 books — 470 voters

More lists with this book...

Paul
Apr 29, 2016 Paul rated it liked it
The book was pretty good but not 4 star satisfaction. It was a pretty good speed in the beginning, but too fast at the end. It had very low action ratingmso, 3 stars.
Star Shining Forever
*Spoilers*

LA is crawling with police. Aiden and Meg Falconer, the only hopes for their innocent parents in jail, are searching for evidence to prove their CIA contact Frank Lindenauer was in fact the real traitor. The only way out is being smuggled aboard a ship in empty oil casks. Things are bad enough at first, hiding in a swinging lifeboat and then in the water tank, but things go horribly wrong when they are discovered and caught by the crew. Dare they hope for a miracle?

Knocking out a sail
Carolyn
Feb 18, 2015 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Fast paced page turner. I used to love this series and have fond memories of racing through the volumes.
Dylan Unruh
Apr 23, 2013 Dylan Unruh rated it really liked it
I read on the run book #4: The Stowaway Solution By Gordon Korman. It was a GREAT book! Starting off where t he last book left off when they are running from FBI, Hairless Joe, and the cops from many counties. This is where they left off. I highly recommend that you read the first 3 books if you want to get anything out of this review.

Aiden and Meg are trying to get to Denver to get to HORUS where Frank Lindeneur worked before disappearing. The only way that they can find to get there is by s
Chris
Mar 19, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
The previous two books in this series established the status quo, so to speak. The kids search for information to prove their parents' innocence. They get spotted and chased, but avoid capture, and then resume their search for information. Sometimes they end up having to live in another makeshift temporarily living arrangement, before eventually leaving and finding another place to stay. And that's basically the plot flow of books two and three.

But this one shakes things up considerably. For one
THE COOL KID AWESOME
May 14, 2015 THE COOL KID AWESOME rated it really liked it
In this book Meg and Aiden are still on the run. They are trying to find help to free their parents, but while they are looking for one person who can help them. They have an idea of one person who can help them, but everyone including the police and FBI are still looking for them. In this book, they are now hiding on a ship. But they have the killer, the FBI and everyone else trying to find them.
Gabriel
Apr 08, 2010 Gabriel rated it liked it
Shelves: school-09-10

This is the fourth book of a long adventurous series. Each book has it's own twists and turns in one big story. The Falconers are chased by a hit man and the cops. Also they are trying to find a man by the name of Frank Lindenauer.

A connection I can make is between the two Falconers to Holden Caulfield from the Catcher In The Rye. They both runaway for what they believe. They are out on the streets alone. This is a text to text connection because it is between two books.

I thought this book wa
Heather p
Feb 28, 2014 Heather p rated it it was amazing

I thought this book was f
Sara
Aug 05, 2015 Sara rated it liked it
Okay ready to know what is going to happen. Had enough of the "escapes". But I guess if I want to know I better get book 5! Next book my granddaughter recommends needs to be a single not a series!
the BATMAN
Nov 03, 2014 the BATMAN rated it really liked it
As I have said before,I think the 2nd one was better.this one was more "run away,get on the ship and survive" tipe thing.Anyway it was a good book,I recommend it to anyone who has read the first, second and third ones.4 stars!!
Patricia
Dec 29, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
This is a great series for grown ups and kids and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Adam B
Apr 06, 2016 Adam B rated it liked it
This was a good book. I did not like it as much as public enemies but it was ok. I thought what they did was unrealistic.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
It is good for boy, but as an adult reading it is a little far fetched and predictable.
Maddy 11-12
Dec 06, 2011 Maddy 11-12 rated it liked it
This book was all right. I did not like how book 2 had an ending chapter that left you wondering about book 4 but it turned out book 4 wasn't the amazing book that you were expecting. And I didn't really like the idea about a stowaway because they just walked right on the boat, hid in a bucket, then jumped off. In real life, it's pretty much impossible to do that then jump off and survive in the freezing cold ocean! Other then that, I gave it 3 stars because it drew a great picture in your head ...more
Green Lantern
Apr 21, 2014 Corey Ryan rated it liked it
Meh
Micah H
Jan 28, 2014 Micah H rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was alright. I liked the other books better. This book has the same reason as the other books and that is Aiden and Meg want to prove that their parents are innocent. Aiden and Meg get on a ship because they were running away from the cops. They end up staying on the ship until something happens. Aiden and Meg are doing anything they can to not get caught. They are having quite an adventure, so you will have to read the book because I don't want to spoil anything.
Zach
Mar 04, 2013 Zach rated it liked it
Shelley
Sep 20, 2009 Shelley rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I've had enough of this series and it should be over with by now or this story wasn't written as great as the first three books, because I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I'm felt when I read this book that this story is really being prolonged and just get it over with already. I'm really hoping I still don't feel this way, because I still have book five and book six to read. I don't feel a "rush" to pick up the next book and continue the series.
Johnnie Huff
Mar 18, 2013 Johnnie Huff rated it really liked it
The stowaway solution. Book number four. Very good hiding spot, bad placement. Aiden and Meg stow away in empty oil barrels on a ship to be shipped out of the state. when they are placed on the boat, they find out that Aiden has been places on the top palate where he can get out and move freely. on the other hand, Meg has been placed on the 2nd palate to the bottom and has no way to move or get out of her barrel. read on and find out what happens.
PJ
Apr 25, 2013 PJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: classroom-books
Another great book in the Falconers series. The brother sister duo make a daring escape by stowing away in a boat. Once they are caught, they must then hide in the ship. From a deserted island, treading water and eluding a FBI agent in a hospital, it is constant action. I would recommend reading the previous books in the series to truly understand all the twists and turns. The audio book is fantastic! I would highly recommend this series.
Daniel
Mar 09, 2012 Daniel rated it really liked it
Aiden and Meg find out that Frank Lindenauer actually did not work for the CIA, however, thaey still need to find him. The only clue they have is that he might be in Denver...

Stowing away on a boat, Aiden and Meg try to belnd in with the crew, but in a matter of seconds, they are captured, and are soon sperated...

The two, while trying to find each other, quickly get ready to find their "Uncle"...
Austin
Jan 19, 2009 Austin rated it liked it
The 4th book of a great series of books that anyone who likes adventure books would like this. its about 2 kids a brother and a sister who get put in a juvinille place to work on a farm. one day they had a fire and escaped! During there adventure a man tries to find and kill them because he doesnt like there parents. Because they were accused of a crime they didnt commit.
Evan
Feb 29, 2012 Evan rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
3 way tied for my favorite series. It is suspenseful and you won't want to put it down. The series seemed to be over quickly, as I couldn't stop reading it. I however was excited when my favorite author, Gordon Korman came out with a second follow-up series to the On-the-Run series, the Kidnapped series. It was awesome too.
Keith
Apr 10, 2012 Keith rated it really liked it
This series really hit its stride with this novel. The kids stowing away on the ship was a different take on their flight, so that added a new and interesting dimension to the saga. The kids also really came into their own when they spent time alone and had to face unique challenges without any support.
Abdul
Dec 31, 2009 Abdul rated it really liked it
this book is about 2 kids who lost the parnts they at presint for something they did not do.so the 2 kids did not stop looking for close,they want to see stuff that can prove ther perint did not do anything.i gave this book 4stars becoase it was funny and intrising.
Robyn
Feb 02, 2011 Robyn rated it it was amazing
This book is really good so far. Adien and Meg are getting separated and Adien might be going to jail once he is better from the ocean thing. Will they get back together again? will they prove that their parents are innocent? Read it yourself to find it out!
Lee
Oct 25, 2011 Lee rated it liked it
Still following Aiden and Meg as they traverse the country looking for a way to prove their parents are innocent. This one may be the most unbelievable one so far of the series, but does set up that maybe some of the law enforcers really are on their side.
T.M. Carper
Oct 08, 2013 T.M. Carper rated it liked it
Very action packed and tense as they narrowly escape J. Edgar Giraffe and a killer is closing in on them.

Not much storywise as to finding answers about their parents but still a fast-paced read full of adventure. 4th of 6.
Vecchio Book Club: The Stowaway Solution Discussion 3 2 May 11, 2012 08:58AM
  • The Project
  • Tracker
  • I'm Not Who You Think I Am
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • Kitty Hawk (I, Q, #3)
  • The Final Hour (The Homelanders, #4)
  • Winner Takes All (Candy Apple #27)
  • The Code
  • Santa Paws, Come Home (Santa Paws, #4)
  • Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Operation Red Jericho (The Guild of Specialists,  #1)
  • Double Vision (Double Vision #1)
  • Tree Castle Island
  • Bringer of Storms (Binding of the Blade #2)
  • The Devil's Breath (Danger Zone, #1)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

On The Run (6 books)
  • Chasing The Falconers (On The Run, #1)
  • The Fugitive Factor (On The Run, #2)
  • Now You See Them, Now You Don't (On The Run, #3)
  • Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)