Start by marking “The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Stowaway Solution (On The Run, #4)

The Stowaway Solution (On The Run #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,570 ratings  ·  56 reviews
The thrills take to the seas in the latest breakneck-speed adventure from ace storyteller Gordon Korman.
Aiden and Meg Falconer are on the hunt for the one man who might be able to free their parents from jail. The hitch? There are plenty of other people on the hunt for THEM, including the FBI and an eerie, hairless killer. After one close call too many, the Falconers find
Published October 1st 2005 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Stowaway Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stowaway Solution

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamorePoint Blank by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
165th out of 281 books — 736 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
265th out of 454 books — 1,397 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn
Fast paced page turner. I used to love this series and have fond memories of racing through the volumes.
Dylan Unruh
I read on the run book #4: The Stowaway Solution By Gordon Korman. It was a GREAT book! Starting off where t he last book left off when they are running from FBI, Hairless Joe, and the cops from many counties. This is where they left off. I highly recommend that you read the first 3 books if you want to get anything out of this review.

Aiden and Meg are trying to get to Denver to get to HORUS where Frank Lindeneur worked before disappearing. The only way that they can find to get there is by s
Chris
The previous two books in this series established the status quo, so to speak. The kids search for information to prove their parents' innocence. They get spotted and chased, but avoid capture, and then resume their search for information. Sometimes they end up having to live in another makeshift temporarily living arrangement, before eventually leaving and finding another place to stay. And that's basically the plot flow of books two and three.

But this one shakes things up considerably. For one
THE COOL KID AWESOME
In this book Meg and Aiden are still on the run. They are trying to find help to free their parents, but while they are looking for one person who can help them. They have an idea of one person who can help them, but everyone including the police and FBI are still looking for them. In this book, they are now hiding on a ship. But they have the killer, the FBI and everyone else trying to find them.
Gabriel

This is the fourth book of a long adventurous series. Each book has it's own twists and turns in one big story. The Falconers are chased by a hit man and the cops. Also they are trying to find a man by the name of Frank Lindenauer.

A connection I can make is between the two Falconers to Holden Caulfield from the Catcher In The Rye. They both runaway for what they believe. They are out on the streets alone. This is a text to text connection because it is between two books.

I thought this book wa
Heather p

I thought this book was f
the BATMAN
As I have said before,I think the 2nd one was better.this one was more "run away,get on the ship and survive" tipe thing.Anyway it was a good book,I recommend it to anyone who has read the first, second and third ones.4 stars!!
Patricia
This is a great series for grown ups and kids and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Maddy 11-12
This book was all right. I did not like how book 2 had an ending chapter that left you wondering about book 4 but it turned out book 4 wasn't the amazing book that you were expecting. And I didn't really like the idea about a stowaway because they just walked right on the boat, hid in a bucket, then jumped off. In real life, it's pretty much impossible to do that then jump off and survive in the freezing cold ocean! Other then that, I gave it 3 stars because it drew a great picture in your head ...more
Green Lantern
It got a little boring
Micah H
I thought this book was alright. I liked the other books better. This book has the same reason as the other books and that is Aiden and Meg want to prove that their parents are innocent. Aiden and Meg get on a ship because they were running away from the cops. They end up staying on the ship until something happens. Aiden and Meg are doing anything they can to not get caught. They are having quite an adventure, so you will have to read the book because I don't want to spoil anything.
Zach
Shelley
I'm not sure if I've had enough of this series and it should be over with by now or this story wasn't written as great as the first three books, because I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I'm felt when I read this book that this story is really being prolonged and just get it over with already. I'm really hoping I still don't feel this way, because I still have book five and book six to read. I don't feel a "rush" to pick up the next book and continue the series.
Johnnie Huff
The stowaway solution. Book number four. Very good hiding spot, bad placement. Aiden and Meg stow away in empty oil barrels on a ship to be shipped out of the state. when they are placed on the boat, they find out that Aiden has been places on the top palate where he can get out and move freely. on the other hand, Meg has been placed on the 2nd palate to the bottom and has no way to move or get out of her barrel. read on and find out what happens.
PJ
Another great book in the Falconers series. The brother sister duo make a daring escape by stowing away in a boat. Once they are caught, they must then hide in the ship. From a deserted island, treading water and eluding a FBI agent in a hospital, it is constant action. I would recommend reading the previous books in the series to truly understand all the twists and turns. The audio book is fantastic! I would highly recommend this series.
Daniel
Aiden and Meg find out that Frank Lindenauer actually did not work for the CIA, however, thaey still need to find him. The only clue they have is that he might be in Denver...

Stowing away on a boat, Aiden and Meg try to belnd in with the crew, but in a matter of seconds, they are captured, and are soon sperated...

The two, while trying to find each other, quickly get ready to find their "Uncle"...
Austin
The 4th book of a great series of books that anyone who likes adventure books would like this. its about 2 kids a brother and a sister who get put in a juvinille place to work on a farm. one day they had a fire and escaped! During there adventure a man tries to find and kill them because he doesnt like there parents. Because they were accused of a crime they didnt commit.
Evan
3 way tied for my favorite series. It is suspenseful and you won't want to put it down. The series seemed to be over quickly, as I couldn't stop reading it. I however was excited when my favorite author, Gordon Korman came out with a second follow-up series to the On-the-Run series, the Kidnapped series. It was awesome too.
Keith
This series really hit its stride with this novel. The kids stowing away on the ship was a different take on their flight, so that added a new and interesting dimension to the saga. The kids also really came into their own when they spent time alone and had to face unique challenges without any support.
Abdul
this book is about 2 kids who lost the parnts they at presint for something they did not do.so the 2 kids did not stop looking for close,they want to see stuff that can prove ther perint did not do anything.i gave this book 4stars becoase it was funny and intrising.
Robyn
This book is really good so far. Adien and Meg are getting separated and Adien might be going to jail once he is better from the ocean thing. Will they get back together again? will they prove that their parents are innocent? Read it yourself to find it out!
Lee
Still following Aiden and Meg as they traverse the country looking for a way to prove their parents are innocent. This one may be the most unbelievable one so far of the series, but does set up that maybe some of the law enforcers really are on their side.
T.M. Carper
Very action packed and tense as they narrowly escape J. Edgar Giraffe and a killer is closing in on them.

Not much storywise as to finding answers about their parents but still a fast-paced read full of adventure. 4th of 6.
Haase  Racing
Although this is my least favorite book in this series, i still like the book. I love the adventure in the plot and it is very exciting to wait and see what is going to happen next while their trapt on the ship.
Hunter
This book was an amazing book to read. It was fun to read because they stowed away on a boat. I also though it was clever how Meg went to the hospital. Good thing she was alright.
Joseph H
Michele
I wonder how many of the things they do to survive as young teens on their own, or and while running from the police, would work? < wow I couldn't word that any worse!!
Marissa
My favorite in the whole series! It is a very good book that shows when two sibling are on the run from the government they will do anything to prove them wrong!
Vecchio Book Club: The Stowaway Solution Discussion 3 2 May 11, 2012 08:58AM
  • Tracker
  • The Project
  • I'm Not Who You Think I Am
  • The Long Way Home (The Homelanders, #2)
  • The Boy Who Saved Baseball (Cruz de la Cruz, #2)
  • Bringer of Storms (Binding of the Blade #2)
  • Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)
  • Hide and Seek (Spy X, No. 2)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Winner Takes All (Candy Apple #27)
  • Leaving Protection
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • Shadows in the Glasshouse (American Girl History Mysteries, #10)
  • The Million Dollar Shot (The Million Dollar Series #1)
  • What Would Joey Do? (Joey Pigza, #3)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

On The Run (6 books)
  • Chasing The Falconers (On The Run, #1)
  • The Fugitive Factor (On The Run, #2)
  • Now You See Them, Now You Don't (On The Run, #3)
  • Public Enemies (On The Run, #5)
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)
One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2) The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8) The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) Schooled Swindle