Start by marking “The Danger (Dive, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Danger (Dive, #3)

The Danger (Dive #3)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  1,243 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Gordon Korman's adventurous DIVE trilogy comes to an action-packed conclusion with THE DANGER.

The kids have found sunken treasure. The adults want to keep it for themselves. But there's a chance that both will lose it if they don't act fast.

A thrilling, shark-infested conclusion to Gordon Korman's underwater trilogy.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 8/1/200
Published August 1st 2003 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Danger

Mandie B.
Sep 28, 2016 Mandie B. rated it it was ok
Three novels later, it all boils down to a rejected claim and "souvenir tourist junk". Discoveries that should have been made ages ago - seriously, could it be any more obvious? - are portrayed as ground-breaking news, and near-death experiences amount to nothing but a whale bone handle.

A fascinating piece of history to be sure, but worth diving hundreds of feet, risking decompression sickness and/or or death? Maybe I'm not as much of an archaeology or history fanatic as one of the interns in t
Mar 23, 2011 Jordan rated it it was amazing
This was a great end to Gordon Korman's DIVE series. In the end, they got some gold. Hooray for them! This was an exellant book and I recommend it to all my friends.
Cassidy Wharton
Mar 07, 2009 Cassidy Wharton rated it it was amazing
I liked this book the most adventerous of the three. It had more detail and more action LOVED IT!
Kai Yost
Jul 03, 2016 Kai Yost rated it really liked it
How many Chekov's guns can we fit into one novel? Hmm.... A lot. This entire book is literally built upon foreshadowing and it's epic. Despite this, it doesn't carry the same amount of suspense as the second book in this series, yet still serves as a satisfying, and exciting, end to Korman's trilogy.

Maybe it's because I'm way over this book's target audience, but a lot of the plot twists seemed a little predictable. However, the introduction of sabotage and international law did become interesti
Dive: The Danger is the last part of Korman's Dive Trilogy, and it is a worthy finish to the trilogy. Like its predecessors, the Danger is a quick read and its tension and the dynamic character interactions are accompanied with well-written humor that does not break the tension.

This installment picks up after the downer ending to the second part- in an attempt to retrieve one piece of the treasure so they can register a claim with the International Maritime Commission. Unfortunately, the treasur
Jan 05, 2012 Kayla rated it liked it

In 1665 a british vessel named the griffin sank a priceless amout of gold on board.Now , centuries later four kids named Kaz,Dante,Adrianna,and star are trying to raise it up out of the water.They will take the biggest risks of their lives.None of them had good parents so a man named Bandon Vanover took them in
Sam S
Nov 21, 2014 Sam S rated it liked it
I didn't think that this book was as good as the first two books of this series. There was sort of to much going on at once.
In this book it starts off at Star in the emergency room and the Dr. tells her that her diving career is at an end. Plus in the second book captain Vanover dies and all the kids are sad and very depressed. English starts to open up to the kids and he starts to become the kids new captain Vanover. They were trying to see who messed with the submerine and at the end they rea
I always feel like Korman's trilogies are really one book in three parts. I enjoyed this series, although it didn't have the same level of threat involved as in his other works. Most of the danger came from the intrinsic risks of diving rather than outside problems. That's not necessarily bad, but it made for less hand-wringing.

I liked this and it was all tied up in the end, but it still felt vaguely unsatisfying. His ending is probably better than the alternative, yet it still felt like a cop
Shanae D.
Oct 08, 2009 Shanae D. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
:) like the other books dive is awsome!!!! It is action packed and never boring!!! I recomend it to anybody just like the other 2!!!:)
May 05, 2011 Joy rated it it was amazing
My favorite character in this series is Star. I was really sad that Captain Vanover died in the book before this.
Andrew Park
May 12, 2016 Andrew Park rated it did not like it
Bleh...this book is HORRID! Questions like "Where are the characters?", "What are they doing?!" filled my min as I read this book. As I kept reading the book, though, my questions only grew in number, and I got even more confused than I already was! The book's plot wasn't an experience to remember. Rather, it was an experience I almost wanted to forget. If a boring, pointless, poorly written book is to your taste, read this book!
Heather S
Oct 06, 2016 Heather S rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all my friends
Recommended to Heather by: myself
Dive has been a really good book and the ending tied it up great. It was so well thought out as an adventure book as I really couldn't predict how it would end, like would some someone die or will Star dive again. I have to give props to Gordon Korman for keeping the whole book series great and on my the edge of my seat. I try to predict whats going to happen but he keeps surprising me! I would love to read more book like Gordon Korman's. I would recommend this book series to anyone who likes su ...more
Mar 17, 2014 David rated it it was amazing

Great ending. Nice little twist at the end as to whom was truly responsible for the death of the captain. Kind of knew that Clarence would come to the rescue at some point (was sort of a reoccurring theme). Ending was pretty darn good. This is the kind of ending most books should strive for.
Amber Michelle
Apr 26, 2015 Amber Michelle rated it it was amazing
It made me want to start taking diving classes, now I'm a week away from being able to breath underwater. It was grand.
Mar 23, 2016 Samuel added it
It was action packed lots of fun to read I reccomend the book to everyone
Sep 15, 2015 Elliot rated it it was amazing
I liked the book and I would recommend it to people who like diving.
Joseph H
Mar 03, 2011 Joseph H rated it really liked it
I have read alot of Gordman Korman books, and let me just say that this is one of the best! In the third and final installment of this epic series, we see our characters right were they left off in Book 2, this is good and bad because Book 2 wasn't my favorite but I do like to see the story continuing smoothly right from where it left off. I might reccommend this book to someone who hasn't read any of the "Dive" books, if they are a fan of Gordan Korman but otherwise I wouldn't reccommend it to ...more
AR BOOK 5.3/4.0 PTS
Loved it!!!
Oct 30, 2012 6nicholas rated it liked it
I gave dive 3 a three star because there was not much action but the story line is very good but you have to read the first and second book so it makes sence. The book is about four divers that are searching for treasure but there are dangourus things like sharks and abstacies to get to the treasure. My favorite part was at the end and it was shooking but you have to read the book to find out what happens at the end of the story.
Amritha Vivek
Mar 11, 2009 Amritha Vivek rated it really liked it
This book is about 4 divers: Kaz, Dante, Adriana, and Star. A British vessel named the Griffin sank in 1665 with a huge amount of gold on board. Kaz, Dante, Adriana, and Star have to risk their lives to find the Griffin's treasure and raise it from the depths of the sea. But there are other divers who are searching for the treasure. Will these 4 teens be able to beat their competitors to the treasure? Read the book!
Feb 16, 2013 Talia rated it it was amazing
This book was so good!! My book club has different tastes. One of us likes action, one of us likes anything she reads, and the other one likes anything that could happen, realistic and this is a good combination. This books was about the last book in the series, so in any Gordon Korman book it is a cliff hanger and we finally found out the truth about their summer.
Kai Guermonprez
Jan 22, 2016 Kai Guermonprez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this action packed book that was the end to the adventure of Kaz,Adriana,Dante and Star.I really liked the end that had me excited to see the outcome.I thought Gordan Korman did good for the ending to the Dive series.I hope more people will read it because it's exciting!
May 04, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Surprisingly well-done kids' thriller featuring thoughtful, smart diving enthusiast middle schoolers and a grumpy French dive captain.

Also, everything you ever wanted to know about decompression and the bends.
Andd Becker
Feb 25, 2013 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Middle grades students will enjoy learning the vocabulary presented in this exciting book, e.g., artifact, decompression, epilogue, figurehead, griffin.
Oct 21, 2008 Allyssa rated it it was amazing
If you like action and mystery books then this book is for you! (this is the last and the 3 book in the series called Dive!)
May 12, 2007 Beatrix rated it it was amazing
It was as good as all the other books by the author. I espacially liked a character called Adriana.
Feb 15, 2013 Jas added it
Ending was great and this one had the most suspense out of all. over all was a very good book and series.
Christopher Ru
I thought that it was a great book and i was very interested in it because i like fish and the sea.
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • Begin Again (Remnants, #14)
  • The Voyage of the Frog
  • Help! I'm Trapped in the First Day of Summer Camp
  • Bad Pets: True Tales of Misbehaving Animals
  • In The Stone Circle
  • Static (Flight 29 Down, #1)
  • Halfway to the Sky
  • The Wolfling: A Documentary Novel of the Eighteen-Seventies
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels #11)
  • The Return (Flight 29 Down, #3)
  • Watcher in the Piney Woods (American Girl History Mysteries, #9)
  • Snowfall
  • More Minds (Minds, #2)
  • The Storm (Flight 29 Down, #4)
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Tunnels of Time: A Moose Jaw Adventure
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...