Start by marking “The Danger (Dive, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Danger (Dive, #3)

The Danger (Dive #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,074 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Gordon Korman's adventurous DIVE trilogy comes to an action-packed conclusion with THE DANGER.

The kids have found sunken treasure. The adults want to keep it for themselves. But there's a chance that both will lose it if they don't act fast.

A thrilling, shark-infested conclusion to Gordon Korman's underwater trilogy.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 8/1/200
Published August 1st 2003 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Danger

Jordan
This was a great end to Gordon Korman's DIVE series. In the end, they got some gold. Hooray for them! This was an exellant book and I recommend it to all my friends.
Cassidy Wharton
I liked this book the most adventerous of the three. It had more detail and more action LOVED IT!
Kayla

In 1665 a british vessel named the griffin sank a priceless amout of gold on board.Now , centuries later four kids named Kaz,Dante,Adrianna,and star are trying to raise it up out of the water.They will take the biggest risks of their lives.None of them had good parents so a man named Bandon Vanover took them in
Sam S
I didn't think that this book was as good as the first two books of this series. There was sort of to much going on at once.
In this book it starts off at Star in the emergency room and the Dr. tells her that her diving career is at an end. Plus in the second book captain Vanover dies and all the kids are sad and very depressed. English starts to open up to the kids and he starts to become the kids new captain Vanover. They were trying to see who messed with the submerine and at the end they rea
Ngaio
I always feel like Korman's trilogies are really one book in three parts. I enjoyed this series, although it didn't have the same level of threat involved as in his other works. Most of the danger came from the intrinsic risks of diving rather than outside problems. That's not necessarily bad, but it made for less hand-wringing.

I liked this and it was all tied up in the end, but it still felt vaguely unsatisfying. His ending is probably better than the alternative, yet it still felt like a cop
Shanae D.
:) like the other books dive is awsome!!!! It is action packed and never boring!!! I recomend it to anybody just like the other 2!!!:)
Joy
My favorite character in this series is Star. I was really sad that Captain Vanover died in the book before this.
( ●—● ) Evelynn
David
8.5/10

Great ending. Nice little twist at the end as to whom was truly responsible for the death of the captain. Kind of knew that Clarence would come to the rescue at some point (was sort of a reoccurring theme). Ending was pretty darn good. This is the kind of ending most books should strive for.
Joseph H
I have read alot of Gordman Korman books, and let me just say that this is one of the best! In the third and final installment of this epic series, we see our characters right were they left off in Book 2, this is good and bad because Book 2 wasn't my favorite but I do like to see the story continuing smoothly right from where it left off. I might reccommend this book to someone who hasn't read any of the "Dive" books, if they are a fan of Gordan Korman but otherwise I wouldn't reccommend it to ...more
6nicholas
I gave dive 3 a three star because there was not much action but the story line is very good but you have to read the first and second book so it makes sence. The book is about four divers that are searching for treasure but there are dangourus things like sharks and abstacies to get to the treasure. My favorite part was at the end and it was shooking but you have to read the book to find out what happens at the end of the story.
Amritha Vivek
This book is about 4 divers: Kaz, Dante, Adriana, and Star. A British vessel named the Griffin sank in 1665 with a huge amount of gold on board. Kaz, Dante, Adriana, and Star have to risk their lives to find the Griffin's treasure and raise it from the depths of the sea. But there are other divers who are searching for the treasure. Will these 4 teens be able to beat their competitors to the treasure? Read the book!
Talia
This book was so good!! My book club has different tastes. One of us likes action, one of us likes anything she reads, and the other one likes anything that could happen, realistic and this is a good combination. This books was about the last book in the series, so in any Gordon Korman book it is a cliff hanger and we finally found out the truth about their summer.
Kathleen
Surprisingly well-done kids' thriller featuring thoughtful, smart diving enthusiast middle schoolers and a grumpy French dive captain.

Also, everything you ever wanted to know about decompression and the bends.
Andd Becker
Middle grades students will enjoy learning the vocabulary presented in this exciting book, e.g., artifact, decompression, epilogue, figurehead, griffin.
Allyssa
If you like action and mystery books then this book is for you! (this is the last and the 3 book in the series called Dive!)
Beatrix
It was as good as all the other books by the author. I espacially liked a character called Adriana.
Jas
Feb 15, 2013 Jas added it
Ending was great and this one had the most suspense out of all. over all was a very good book and series.
Christopher Ru
I thought that it was a great book and i was very interested in it because i like fish and the sea.
Lisa
I like Gordon Korman's funny books. This is more serious than what I'm used to.
Justin
This was a great ending to the end of the book trilogy: Dive. This was an amazing series.
Mitchfield
An ok trilogy, not the best Korman work. Fast reads, as usual
Jessie
The exciting conclusion to one of Gordon Korman's best trilogies.
Andrea
super good not my favorite series of his but i really liked it
Maria
May 29, 2008 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids that like to read adventure stories. not for little kid though. grade 4 and up.
Recommended to Maria by: teacher
I love this book and i like island and everest by gordon korman too!
Tara
Ahh, you gotta love Star...lol. An all time fav. :)
Christian herrera
IT good kids that like treasure bared in the water
10-11Randall
Grace
This was a really good book i don't want it to be over!!
Jen
An exciting if not very plausible, ending.
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Help! I'm Trapped in the First Day of Summer Camp
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • Tut, Tut (Time Warp Trio, #6)
  • Tracker
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels #11)
  • Snowfall
  • The Hideout
  • A Handful of Time
  • The Time Bike (Hall Family Chronicles #6)
  • Tunnels of Time: A Moose Jaw Adventure
  • Heroes Don't Run: A Novel of the Pacific War
  • In The Stone Circle
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)
  • The Best Poems Ever: A Collection of Poetry's Greatest Voices
  • The Stranger
  • The Final Hour (The Homelanders, #4)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...
One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2) The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8) The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) Schooled Swindle