Start by marking “Death Pact (Richard Coleman #1)” as Want to Read:
Death Pact (Richard Coleman #1)

Death Pact (Richard Coleman #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  28 reviews
When a young rich girl, Erica Fox, plots the seduction and compromise of attorney-trustee, Richard Coleman, she doesn't count on falling in love and having to live with the consequences of her deceit. Greed, lust and loneliness lead to murder and a chilling death pact that seems destined to destroy these two young lovers?
Published September 1st 1999 by Top Publications (first published March 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Death Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Pact

Denise
3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but entertaining,

This audio MP3 of Death Pact is described as a romantic mystery. I would definitely agree with that assessment and I enjoyed listening to this predictable but entertaining book while driving in my car. The novel is about a 30-something lawyer, Rich Coleman, who is put into the position of trustee for 17-year-old Erica Fox when her divorced, wealthy father dies in a skiing accident.

Though she is not of legal age, Erica and Rich begin an affair and h
Tami
Haven't received yet, just received notice I had won. 5/23/11
Good news, I received my copy last night. Bad news, it is audio. I wouldn't have signed up if I had known that. I am very seldom anywhere I can sit and listen to something. I have a 5 minute commute, so it is going to take forever to get through this. 6/1/11
Hallelujah! Finally finished today at lunch. 7/11/11

Lawyer gets roped into being trustee for client’s underage daughter, falls in love, blah, blah, blah.

Okay, I didn't like this bo
A Book Vacation
I won a copy of this novel through the Goodreads First Reads program, and while I think I knew, in the back of my mind, that it was an audio disc and not an actual novel, I was still surprised when it arrived in the mail. Based on the cover next to the giveaway, it obviously looks like a CD cover, but regardless, I would have liked to have known for certain that I was winning an audio disc as opposed to a novel. Regardless, I was excited to obtain the audio, but then had to wait for an opportune ...more
Mistydawn Thrash
First off, it is my duty to inform you that I received this book off from "Goodreads First Reader".

I thought this book kept the story moving along, had enough interest and enough conflict to keep me reading. The characters may have been a little shallow but they played off each other very well. Overall, I like it.

When I initially read the description of a lawyer based book I had my doubts I'd enjoy it. I find those books usually filled with jargon and scenarios I am not familiar and get bored si
Erin
An exciting thriller that will have you guessing until the very end. Richard Coleman is a lawyer who made partner very quickly. When a client, Franklin Fox, walks in and suggests that his daughter needs a trustee in case anything should happen to him, he decides to appoint Rich. Rich ends up getting a call that Franklin died in an accident and Erica is left alone in another country. Rich decides to board a plane and pick Erica up. He puts his job at risk by beginning a relationship with her. Thi ...more
Martha
Death Pact A Rich Coleman Novel was fun to read. Lot's of love and romance from beginning to end. Aunt Martha was murdered and it appears that Erica did it. Rich Coleman becomes the trustee for Erica Foxes inheritance. That was only the first of decision he made to make her happy. I couldn't believe she demanded so much and he did his best to please her. I enjoyed the story from beginning to end. I would have never guessed the ending.
Jacque
Jun 09, 2011 Jacque rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This was an interesting story. I have never read anything like it before. It was hard for me to see where the story was going and what would happen next. The plot moved quickly and was interesting.
It started with the lawyer being asked to be the daughter’s fiduciary if anything happened to the father. The father then dies while skiing. The daughter then seduces the lawyer and once she becomes emancipated they are married.
The aunt is angry about this because she thinks that there is a large inher
Michelle
I received “Death Pact” by William Manchee for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Unlike many winners of this book, I was aware that I was entering a giveaway for an audio book. It’s true that the giveaway details does not disclose this but when you click on “Death Pact” the format MP3 on CD is revealed. I’m a big fan of Audio books for the simple reason that I have a long commute to and from work.

“Death Pact” by William Manchee failed to disappoint. The story was captivating from beginning to
Gretchen
I received this as an audiobook format - CD - and I listened to it when I was driving several hours away for work, and it did help pass the time. It kept my interest throughout the time I was listening to it. It tells of a lawyer, Richard Coleman, who falls in love with a young Erica Fox. He is supposed to be the trustee of her trust fund, and so by starting a relationship with her, he breaks a lot of ethical rules. Then Erica is accused of killing her aunt, and their life is really thrown into ...more
Julie Barrett
Death Pact by William Manchee
Wanted to read this book because I had read book #3 in this series and although I knew the outcome there are many versions of the murder.
This book starts out with Richard Coleman and as a lawyer he's appointed to be a trustee for Erica. Her father Franklin has a huge estate. Problem is he dies and they fall in love and she's not yet 18. He makes money by investing
and her aunt wants a piece of the action. Somebody kills the aunt and Erica is charged with the murder.
Af
Bekki McClish
I received this audio book as a free read from Goodreads.

I wasn't surprised when I got the audio book as some others were. I love audiobooks. Here is the problem. Because it was an .mp3 format I couldn't play it in my car. What can I say - I have an old CD player. The audio books I get from the library - no issues. This one I did.

So I put it in my computer to play on Windows Media. It began on Chapter 22 and each time I tried to start from Chapter 1 it froze. It also looked like I would have to
Richard
Legal/Thriller/Mystery.
Well developed characters and a fast plot, full of twists and surprises. A great read from start to finish by the author of the Stan Turner Mystery series.
5 stars.
Michael
What a tangled web! Great story so well woven with so many twists. Fantastic ending. Cannot wait to read about Mr. Coleman's next adventure.
Maria
As a first time winner in a goodreads giveaway, I received Death Pact in the mail and was a bit disappointed to find that it was in a audio format. However that was the only thing that really disappointed me about this book. I enjoyed the story. It was hard to imagine that a 31 yr old and a 17 yr old could really fall in love, but somehow I was rooting for them to be happy. Even though I found Erica to be a spoiled brat most of the time, what she does prrove that she will do anything for love... ...more
Desiree reilly
Shannon
Jun 15, 2011 Shannon marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I didn't realize this was a "book on tape" until it came today. I don't see anywhere in the giveaway that it says it's read to me. I don't like books on tape but I'll give this a listen when I have to travel next month.
We tried listening to this in the car on the cd player and it said, "No audio" So I'll try my cd player at home then my laptop. If it doesn't work on those two I'm out of ideas!

*I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.*
Marc Leroux
While I didn't exactly receive this as part of the Goodreads First Reader program, the author sent me a free copy while I was waiting for the book I did read. Exceptional service, I might add.

I really enjoyed the book . The pace was fast, there were twists in the plot that I didn't see coming. The characters could have been fleshed out a bit better, but that really didn't detract from the story.

It's a good read. I'd recommend it for mystery/suspense fans.
Teri
I won this in a contest giveaway and was pleasently suprised. I like other publications by William Manchee so I gave it a go. It was an audio MP3 which was a first for me. The story was written well and had lots of suprises. I was guessing to the very end and that's always good. The author was very descriptive and drew me in. The characters were realistic and the romance was hot and sexy. I really enjoyed it !
Karen Barker
I received the Death Pact by participating in the first reads giveaways. I was also surprised, as other were, that it was an Audio MP3 versus a book. I have told myself each time I enter the library that I would give "books on tapes" a try so I guess I have received my chance to have the book read to me. I am thankful for receiving it free through Goodreads.
Catrina A.
I received this audio book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I loved this book. It had intrigue, romance, suspense, and humor. I was laughing loudly during many points in this book. I really liked the ambulance part. This is a must get if you enjoy murder mysteries with a bit of humor I will be listening to this many more times.
Brandi

I loved this book! There were times when Erica got a little obnoxious but it all made sense in the story. After all she is seventeen when Rich meets her. Between wondering who did the crime and finding out who actually did it every minute of this book kept me guessing. Two thumbs up to William Manchee!
Mark
What a great book! I read the book (didn't listen to the audio book...there isn't a listing for the book). I loved the characters and found the storyline easy to follow. Looking forward to reading more books in tis series.
Jessica
I won this on Goodreads giveaway.
I was very surprised that this was an audio book. I have a very hard time listening to someone read to me. It was good, worth a listen if you have the time.
Sheila Read
my father was in the process of reading this and than he decided to read something else. He will go back to it and than read it and give an honest review of it.
Claire
Hilariously awful. Kind of fun to listen to in a car with friends because it's sooooooo bad and the reader's intonation is...unique.
Connie
Excellent read!!! Great suspense clear to the end!!! I can't wait to read more of his books.
Terri Jones
This was one of my first William Manchee books that I read. I loved it.
Lisa Pulignani
Great book kept me up late reading. Had to finish as soon as I could.
Sherry Ward
Sherry Ward marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
William Manchee is an attorney by trade and practices consumer law in Dallas with his son Jim. Originally from southern California, he now lives in Plano, Texas with his wife Janet of some 45 years. Manchee first discovered his passion for writing in 1995 when he started his first novel as a diversion from the stress of law practice. He loved writing so much he vowed then to write a novel every ye ...more
More about William Manchee...
Conquest Earth (Tarizon Trilogy #3) Deadly Distractions (Stan Turner, #5) Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3) Brash Endeavor (Stan Turner, #2) Disillusioned (Stan Turner, #9)