The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess (Buster Books)

The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess (Buster Books)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  396 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Provides tips on how to host a spa-style party, how to design a signature perfume, how to stop biting nails, and how to jazz up a boring ponytail. This book also provides tips on how to get out of a limo, how to emphasise eye colour, how to make a bedroom skin-friendly, and how to get super-soft hands and feet while you sleep.
Published December 1st 2007 by Michael O'Mara Books

To ask other readers questions about The Girls' Book Of Glamour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girls' Book Of Glamour

Eustacia Tan
This book belongs to Simone. But one day, when Rena and I were eating in her room (it's a long long story involving Golden Week), my eyes happened to fall upon this book. It just so happens that I had lent her my "Friends" book (same series) so the books looked like a set when my eyes fell upon them. So before I begin, I should start with my friend's comment "The friends book seems to be written for older people and the glamour book for kids."

And you know what? Her comment sums up the two books...more
Andreea
Note: This review DOES contain spoilers of the events in the book, so if you have not read it before and wish to discover the secrets of the book for yourself, it is not suggested that you read this. --A.M.G.

Don't understand why, but this book really calms me down when I read it. Treating every girl as if she is a goddess with beauty accepted in every which-way, I encourage girls of all ages to read this and try some things out. Visually appealing as well, just the drawings are enough to make me...more
Shouq
I'm such a sucker for beauty books! This is very entertaining, fun and surprisingly a little helpful.
Nalani
The make your own lip gloss turned out awfully it was basically grease!
The bubble bath was awesome I have made it many many times!
The perfume gets old and is a really long process.
I have good things to say and bad things to say about these "treatments"
Also one last thing I saw another's review about this book and she was saying that it was based of of only American-European girls
that is absolutely true and that's terrible!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lauren Ashley for TeensReadToo.com

THE GIRLS' BOOK OF GLAMOUR by Sally Jeffrie is a short, cute read all about how to be the best, prettiest, most confident girl you can be.

The book is written in sections, with titles such as How to Customize Your School Uniform, How to Make Your Own Lip Gloss, and even How to Soothe Tired Feet.

The book is great for giving good ideas on how to clean your makeup brushes, exit a limo properly, and make tie-dyed shirts in a fun manner. All of these thi...more
Eryn
Nov 27, 2009 Eryn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: ok, read-in-2009
This book did not meet me expectations at any rate. Some topics were so hopeful and I can't wait to do them, like the topic, How to make your own lip gloss, or the topic, How to jazz up a boring ponytail. Yet others seemed completely pointless and stupid such as, How to order food in a restaurant or How to be a hand model. Why would I want to be a hand model? I only gave this book a 2 and not a 1 because there were a couple I was very surprised to know, but on the other hand I really don't care...more
Olivia
Fantastic for the tweenage girl trying to look and be her most fabulous!
Imaan
This is an interesting book and has lots of fun stuff to make and do
Gabbi
How to read this book?
Joenna
Transform yourself from drab to fab with this nifty guide to all things glamorous! Whether you want to have the shiniest hair or convince people you're a celebrity, this book will show you how! Being a glamour goddess has never been so easy.

Inside this handy guide you'll find instructions on how to host a spa party, create your own style, exit a limo gracefully, make your own body glitter, persuade your best friend to lend you her clothes, put on a fashion show, make your own jewelry box, and m...more
the sound of Autumn
Want tips of how to pamper yourself, relax, or just plain out have a little girly fun? This is your book! It tells you helpful things that really make you feel good, like how to treat yourself to the perfect bath, or how to braid flowers into your hair! I've gotten some good times out of this book, so I hope all my fellow hard working girls out there who just need a break enjoy this book as much as I have!
Gabby
I like this book because of the things it teaches you. It teaches you how to be sophisticated, but not to be a snot. It shows you can be beautiful by being kind and being yourself. It's just an uplifting book, great for girls who want to be their self, great for for all girls. It shows you don't have to wear expensive clothes, or look like the popular girls in school to be beautiful.
Amanda
Mar 24, 2011 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amanda by: Purchsed at a store
Gives beauty tips. This book was a little better than the first one but it's still nothing special.

I bought this book at Meijer’s hoping that it would be a good book. It was good I guess but I wouldn't have paid the 9 dollars that I did for it. It was worth one read but after that not really.
Jazmine Williams
i found some the information giving in this book to be false, such as the proper temperature to wash your hair. Some of the tips also don't work for certain girls like myself because this book is based off a typical European-American in my opinion and what seems to be in all of the pictures.
Chloe luvs ya
I really like this book. It has tons of tips for fashion,makeup,fun and games.The only reason I don't give it a 5 star rating is because some if the tips are pointless, I mean COME ON!! who would need to know "how to make people believe you are a hand model???!!!" Overall,great book
Karen
Obviously it wasn't the best book for its plot line. I received this book when I was younger, of course, but it is a good how-to book that any girl could find some use of. Filled with many tips on how to look and act your best, The Girls' Book of Glamour is a great gift for young girls.
Joanne Nock
Based on the fact that the advice regarding make up is to get your parent's permission and save your pocket money, I may not be the ideal target audience based on the fact that I'm 41 1/2. Though it was an amusing way to spend a Sunday afternoon .
Cammie
As it say on the back cover:"After all, every girl deserves a life of glamour!" This book can make you become a godesse, well maybe i'm exagerating some things are a bit silly but it's always fun to have non realistic books isn't it?
Madeleine
Very helpful for when I was younger.
Used to try out many of the ideas inside.
Prw41894
This is a fun book for girls at a slightly more mature age to read for fun! It is a great book to bed read in order to enhance girl's knowledge of what to be on the lookout for but also fun for parents to be aware of!
Gina
Cutie book with how-to's that every girly girl needs to know, like how to smooth away dry hands, how to convince people you're a celebrity, how to pirouette, how to apply mascara. Sweet.
Lauren
Adorable little how-to book. I'm going to get it for my neice. I can't give it over three stars, because it really has no literary merit, but it's very cute all the same.
Browneyedtina
I saw this book in Target and i grabbed it and read it while we were walking i luv it but i havent bought it yet. I am still looking a site that lets you see books for free =)
Valerie
Ok. I'm going to be honest,I read this as a joke. Saw it at the Target and thought it would be cute and funny to read. ended up learning a few things in the process
Lori
For a tween it's good information. I'm using along w/ " The Keeping and Caring of You" by American Girl, along w/ a few others.......
Tiyana Evans
It was a cute book. Some tips I might just use, but others I'd only use when planning a little girl sleepover.
Lauren
I got this for Xmas and it cracked me up. I've tried some of the ideas and thought they were really good.
Kimberly
Feb 03, 2011 Kimberly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BFFLLLLLLL Ash:D
Recommended to Kimberly by: My mom
It gave you awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ideas I never thought about before, and some really good solutions!
Maddie Hughes
I love this book!! its full of really useful tips and ive been using it since i was like 12. love it :)
awesome book 1 4 Nov 30, 2011 02:44PM
  • How To Be The Best At Everything (The Girls' Book)
  • The Goddess Guide
  • The Double-Daring Book for Girls
  • 211 Things a Clever Girl Can Do
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me: Lessons In Grace And Elegance
  • Bust DIY Guide to Life: Making Your Way Through Every Day
  • I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
  • How to Walk in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Life
  • The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Makeup, and Fragrances
The Girls' Book of Glamour: A Guide to Being a Goddess